Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 10:06 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Who's they?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Breaking down doors? Robbing you and your family? Whaaaah? Where the heck do you live? You seriously gotta consider that scenario where you live, don't waste your money on a handgun ~ MOVE!

And what does that have to do with some nutbar who thinks it appropriate to take his handgun with him to approach a neighbour about the noise of a party then kill the neighbour and woulnd two others while filming the encounter?

I guess it's just a matter of a couple of posts until someone will suggest that if all the party goers had been armed everything would have been hunky-dory!

Sheesh what a f***ed-up concept.
Don't try to paint me with a broad brush.

I LOL at people putting their security in "law and order". I leave my front door unlocked, some people aren't as fortunate. I recommend watch dogs and a Mossberg.

That being said, the murderer in the OP should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, I feel sad for the victims family. That little girl will never know her Dad. **** that scumbag who took him from her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 10:13 PM

45,229 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
That's a scary notion. I prefer law and order, not people running around putting their faith in their colts.
Look how well "law and order" protected the victims in this case.

Cops are nothing more than beureucrats with guns. They show up after the crime to make reports and to ensure the interests of the $tate are represented.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:17 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Rodriguez killed, not the gun.
If he hadn't been allowed to have a gun, he wouldn't have killed, duh!

Old 06-05-2012, 10:18 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Another poster boy for the gun nuts?
No, the quintessential poster boy for the anti-gun side.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:

Rodriguez, a Navy veteran, went to his neighbors to complain about noise from a party and brought with a video camera, a flashlight, and his handgun. When some people ask what he is doing there, Rodriguez suddenly feels threatened.

"Rodriguez then calls the police and talks to the dispatcher, saying that 'they're going to kill me,' even though the video shows the group of party goers backing away from the man. The prosecuting attorney argued that such language was a clear effort to use 'CHL [concealed-handgun licensing] buzzwords' on the taped police call, echoing words that he presumably learned during a concealed handgun licensing class."

"Mr Danaher, a physical education teacher at Sorters Mill's Elementary school, was survived by his wife Mindy and their daughter Peri, who was 3-years-old at the time of his death."

Read more: Man kills neighbor after complaining about the noise from the neighbor's wife's party but says 'it was self defense' | Mail Online
It's the fault of the folks that got shot for making eye contact with him, therefore inviting him to shoot them. Yea.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:26 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
Quote:

Rodriguez, a Navy veteran, went to his neighbors to complain about noise from a party and brought with a video camera, a flashlight, and his handgun. When some people ask what he is doing there, Rodriguez suddenly feels threatened.

"Rodriguez then calls the police and talks to the dispatcher, saying that 'they're going to kill me,' even though the video shows the group of party goers backing away from the man. The prosecuting attorney argued that such language was a clear effort to use 'CHL [concealed-handgun licensing] buzzwords' on the taped police call, echoing words that he presumably learned during a concealed handgun licensing class."

"Mr Danaher, a physical education teacher at Sorters Mill's Elementary school, was survived by his wife Mindy and their daughter Peri, who was 3-years-old at the time of his death."

Read more: Man kills neighbor after complaining about the noise from the neighbor's wife's party but says 'it was self defense' | Mail Online
I guess the big question for the Libs is who to hate more..... we all know they hate the military, but they hate guns too

As if they needed to be more confused than they already are...

As for the story, a tragedy to be sure.... our government needs to do more to help out these heros once they are done fighting THEIR wars

I would take a good guess that he suffered from some kind of war related mental illness

Old 06-05-2012, 10:53 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
That's a scary notion. I prefer law and order, not people running around putting their faith in their colts.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:11 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Look how well "law and order" protected the victims in this case.
How is law and order supposed to protect every single person? That is just an unreasonable and irrational notion/request.

Quote:
Cops are nothing more than beureucrats with guns. They show up after the crime to make reports and to ensure the interests of the $tate are represented.
Sounds like you've been on the wrong side of the law. I haven't so they don't bother me.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:04 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
I guess the big question for the Libs is who to hate more..... we all know they hate the military, but they hate guns too

As if they needed to be more confused than they already are...

As for the story, a tragedy to be sure.... our government needs to do more to help out these heros once they are done fighting THEIR wars

I would take a good guess that he suffered from some kind of war related mental illness
Had you read the initial article, you'd know that he's been diagnosed with PTSD and suffers serious, chronic pain...medications were probably involved, too. TBS,
he didn't need to carry a gun under those circumstances. This veteran surely
deserved more comprehensive treatment and probably financial help as well; I hope that someday every veteran receives thorough and complete assistance.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:47 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Stand your ground laws rule!!!! Was this guy related to Zimmerman??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies