Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 04:32 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times

Advertisements

Even IF pedophilia is an inborn trait, it harms a child. Children can not consent to a sexual relationship.
Relationships between consenting adult homosexuals are not, in any way related to pedophilia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 04:47 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Even IF pedophilia is an inborn trait, it harms a child. Children can not consent to a sexual relationship.
Relationships between consenting adult homosexuals are not, in any way related to pedophilia.
The question isn't the acting on pedophilic urges - but the origin of them. If pedophilia is an inborn trait - than prosecuting someone for acting on them is wrong. You are being hateful and judgmental of something that to them is natural. Pedophiles should have civil rights if it is an inborn trait.

Now - if you don't think so - and believe that pedophiles are predators who choose their lifestyle - then you must apply the same standard to other sexual "orientations" - which would really be preferences.

So - which is it? Is pedophilia an "orientation" or a preference?

Old 06-15-2012, 04:49 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Calling someone Homophobic because they belivee the long held belief that marriage is only valid between a man and women is meaningless. Its just name calling like any other.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:49 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
My point is that your post was willful ignorance.
My daddy always said ignorance would be the last disease to be cured.
Looks as though in some cases, its fatal.
Indeed. It certainly appears to be true in your case.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:59 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Indeed. It certainly appears to be true in your case.
Gee, unlike what your posts seem to indicate, I actually am aware that there is a difference between pedophilia and homosexuality.
Your post fails.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:00 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Why don't people recognize homophobia is as wrong as racism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiana View Post
As a black lesbian, I neither chose my race or my sexual orientation. Why is it most sane Americans acknowledge the pathology of racisms' destructiveness but are then unwilling to acknowledge homophobia is no different?
American will never totally put the disease of racism behind it , but like African American Civil Rights......
Homosexuals Marriage ,Domestic Partnerships , Civil Unions Civil Rights will come about on the Federal Level and also a number of States Level at the very minimun...The Homosexual Agenda " however will not get what it's really wants the most " because that would be the Hidden Homosexual Agenda Which Is ( That All Homosexual Activity Is Absolutely Totally Normal ) just like Heterosexual Activity.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:03 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Gee, unlike what your posts seem to indicate, I actually am aware that there is a difference between pedophilia and homosexuality.
Your post fails.
I never once discussed pedophilia. Your daddy was right about you. Ignorant and lacking in reading comprehension. I have no time for purposely obtuse people. Bye.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:05 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The question isn't the acting on pedophilic urges - but the origin of them. If pedophilia is an inborn trait - than prosecuting someone for acting on them is wrong. You are being hateful and judgmental of something that to them is natural. Pedophiles should have civil rights if it is an inborn trait.

Now - if you don't think so - and believe that pedophiles are predators who choose their lifestyle - then you must apply the same standard to other sexual "orientations" - which would really be preferences.

So - which is it? Is pedophilia an "orientation" or a preference?
Wrong. By having sex with a minor they are breaking the law. Which is what is being prosecuted. There are admitted pedophiles who never act on their urges. They are not prosecuted.
Alcoholism is hereditary, and we prosecute those who drive while intoxicated.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:09 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
I never once discussed pedophilia. Your daddy was right about you. Ignorant and lacking in reading comprehension. I have no time for purposely obtuse people. Bye.
Awwwwww, poor you.
Cant hold up your end of a debate.
BTW, my dad was speaking of people that post things like you.
But, hey, dont let that get in the way of your own fatal condition.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:11 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Tell that to homosexuals that go after young boys. Oh , it happens quite often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies