Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 03:02 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I know. Anyone who believes in God is full of hate. Right? That's illogical to me, however.

I expect you to hate me. Scripture says that people will, because they hate God.
I don't hate you, I hate your bigotry, I also don't or rather can't hate that which I don't believe exists, (god).

It is not just the god you believe in that is full of hate, but it is the minority of believers, such as yourself that take it upon themselves to judge and condemn others...Why you do that I have no idea....Does it make you feel superior?

Old 06-09-2012, 04:01 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
I know. Anyone who believes in God is full of hate. Right?
Has anyone in this thread said that? No.

Quote:

I expect you to hate me. Scripture says that people will, because they hate God.
I think you are mistaking pity and contempt for your ignorance and bigotry, with 'hate'.

But it seems you are all onboard with trying to play poor little 'victim' while your posts show you are trying to victimise others.

Old 06-09-2012, 04:07 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Has anyone in this thread said that? No.

I think you are mistaking pity and contempt for your ignorance and bigotry, with 'hate'.

But it seems you are all onboard with trying to play poor little 'victim' while your posts show you are trying to victimise others.
NO - the man is citing the Sciptures.

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil agaisnt you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you".

- Matthew 5:11-12

Old 06-09-2012, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
NO - the man is citing the Sciptures.

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil agaisnt you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you".

- Matthew 5:11-12
The man thinks HE is being 'persecuted' when people call him out for his bigotry, ignorance, intolerance, and his attempts to spread discord against gay people?

Hilarious.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I never said that Cohen authored the entire journal - I said that he authored the article that you wished for me to find.

Now - you have not yet answered my question which is : why is it so important for me to prove to you that I have access to online academic journals? I will not allow you to to run from this question - you questioned it and made it an issue - you will need to defend your actions. The databases that I have access to(the fact that I do makes your claim that I don't a total load of horses***) do not carry the Archives of Sexual Behavior.

So - why don't you (a) admit that you were wrong to call me a liar, (b) tell me why this is such an important issue for you, (c)tell me if you would really like me to provide you information from a journal that I can access - to satisfy whatever ridiculous motive you have for requiring me to do such a thing, and (d) apologize for your slanderous assertions concerning myself.

Again - on what basis do you doubt that I have access to online journals?

Your demonstration of ignorance concerning myself only makes you look like a fool.
This all started when you claimed to have read the full text of two articles I had linked to. To me, it was obvious you hadn't because you made comments that showed you didn't know what was in the full articles. You also completely confused the Journals, the authors, and the fields they do research in.

Tell me, what 'databases' do you claim to have access to?

Old 06-09-2012, 07:02 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
I'm gay and reading the OP post caused me more suffering than my homosexuality ever has in my entire lifetime.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:39 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
It's so easy to discredit homosexual recovery. All you have to do is say, "Well, if they are heterosexual now then they were never truly homosexual before."
Nobody has to "discredit" homosexual "recovery"; it discredits itself, as would any attempt at, say, left-handedness "recovery". It's an idiotic concept from the beginning.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:54 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Nobody has to "discredit" homosexual "recovery"; it discredits itself, as would any attempt at, say, left-handedness "recovery". It's an idiotic concept from the beginning.
Typical of liberals. Make a bold statement of your opinion with no support, or even a reason why you think that. And don't forget the insult.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:02 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Typical of liberals. Make a bold statement of your opinion with no support, or even a reason why you think that. And don't forget the insult.
My reason? Homosexual behavior is naturally occurring and hurts nobody. What is your reason for believing otherwise?

Old 06-09-2012, 02:03 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Your stance is growing increasingly disingenuous. You act as though science and the scientific method wasnt invented by man (just as religion is)...and as if science hasnt been ratified and disproven before...by the men who created it no less
I might as well be arguing with a kindergartener since you clearly can't see the difference in believing a fictional book is real and a method used to objectively test whether or not something is true. Please read a science book for your own good and try to with an open mind and not believe it's pretend hocus pocus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies