Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 08:50 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times

Advertisements

The sad thing is that so many people here aren't even open to the possibility that some homosexuals might be suffering from their condition. It doesn't "suit" them to accept that possibility. It isn't "convenient" to their bigoted and selfish belief systems, so they will ridicule and mock anyone that challenges their belief.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:52 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
My humanity and compassion is what tells me that it is so. It's a serious problem (for many). Not something to just sweep under the rug.
How many gay people do you personally know?

Old 06-06-2012, 08:54 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Quote:
It's an issue because people like yourself are closed to the idea that many homosexuals are suffering from their condition. Your only solution seems to be to tell them that they are okay. To tell them that they shouldn't be suffering. I don't see how that is helpful.
If you actually ask any homosexuals, you will see that they do not feel that they are "suffering from their condition." To the extent that they are suffering, it's due to insufferable right-wing Christians such as yourself, who feel the need to step all over their lives and subjugate them. You can't fool us by telling us how compassionate you are toward them; actions and words suggest otherwise.

Are these the compassionate Christians you're talking about?

Pastor's comments about gays draw protesters – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Kansas pastor stands by his sermon that the *government should kill gays* - New York Daily News

Here's a suggestion for you: just live your life with whatever opinions you have and leave others different from you alone to live theirs. They don't need your "help."

Old 06-06-2012, 08:55 PM

701 posts, read 1,032,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
If you actually ask any homosexuals, you will see that they do not feel that they are "suffering from their condition." To the extent that they are suffering, it's due to insufferable right-wing Christians such as yourself, who feel the need to step all over their lives and subjugate them.
Exactly.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
How many gay people do you personally know?
It's none of your business. There are probably even more that I don't know about because they are in the closet.

I suppose all the thousands of people who have been helped through the ministries are not real people. I suppose they don't represent thousands more, maybe even millions who might also benefit from the same type of help (if you believe the statistic that 1.5% of the population is homosexual.)

Old 06-06-2012, 09:01 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
It's none of your business. There are probably even more that I don't know about because they are in the closet.

I suppose all the thousands of people who have been helped through the ministries are not real people. I suppose they don't represent thousands more, maybe even millions who might also benefit from the same type of help (if you believe the statistic that 1.5% of the population is homosexual.)
You dont know any, in other words.
I thought as much.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:01 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Why is it that the only people who seem to show any compassion or care for those people suffering from homosexuality as the result of abuse are Christians, particularly conservatives. It only seems to be people on the right, particularly religious groups. It's a tragic condition for people who are suffering from homosexuality as the result of mental or emotional distress.

People on the left, on the other hand, just want to AVOID the entire problem.

They act as if EVERY INSTANCE of homosexuality was a result of the person being born that way. That seems so absurd and childish. Just treat the problem by "sweeping it under the rug."

Why don't we ever hear more about this particular issue in this regard?
You're calling "compassionate" trying to convince gays that it's all in their mind and offering (pushing on) them psychiatric "care" ?!! WOW, that's some bit of spin! You've got a lot of nerve! And you must think we're pretty stupid to fall for your line.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:02 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
My humanity and compassion is what tells me that it is so. It's a serious problem (for many). Not something to just sweep under the rug.
Your humanity and compassion are not good enough. You need facts to back up your claim which you don't have. No one is sweeping anything under the rug We choose to accept people for who they are and are not ashamed to admit it.
Growing up in catholic schools we were taught to love everyone so I think you are misguided.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:04 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,774,059 times
Quote:
The sad thing is that so many people here aren't even open to the possibility that some homosexuals might be suffering from their condition. It doesn't "suit" them to accept that possibility. It isn't "convenient" to their bigoted and selfish belief systems, so they will ridicule and mock anyone that challenges their belief.
They're suffering because they get beat up after class every day. Once they become adults, as the saying goes, "It gets better"

Perhaps we should go after the root cause of their suffering: bullies like you who can't accept their differences.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
They're suffering because they get beat up after class every day. Once they become adults, as the saying goes, "It gets better"

Perhaps we should go after the root cause of their suffering: bullies like you who can't accept their differences.
To call me that which is so far from the truth, indicates that you must be a bully of sorts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies