Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 06:18 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
"Romans 1:26-27: "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence [sic] of their error which was meet."

This is generally what thumpers cite as what the alleged god jesus said about homosexuality. Yep, try finding a consensus on what that gibberish means. Generally, most xians I know believe in a random mix of stuff from the old and new testaments depending on what sits well with them on any given day. So, they'll cite the more definitive passage in regards to homosexuality in the old testament and claim that jesus said it not knowing where it came from. Serial cherrypicking causes these issues.
Every word in the bible is from God. We are to hate the sin and love the sinner. A big difference to this preachers message.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:56 PM

475 posts, read 507,963 times
Many countries legalized gay marriage and nothing ever happened. I don't know why this country is so backwards when it comes to gay rights. I just don't get it.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:54 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
Many countries legalized gay marriage and nothing ever happened. I don't know why this country is so backwards when it comes to gay rights. I just don't get it.
Right wingers, most notably the evangelical nutcases. Their bigotry and hatred are trying to keep america in the dark ages.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:08 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Every word in the bible is from God. We are to hate the sin and love the sinner. A big difference to this preachers message.
I don't recall seeing any "god" signature in the bible. All I see are the names of men who lived and wrote the bible decades after the alleged god allegedly flew bodily into the sky after allegedly killing himself.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:17 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
There are "nutjobs" all over the place ~yawn~

Old 06-06-2012, 08:50 PM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
I always find it interesting that these guys only see gay sex as sin and never say a peep about the guy banging his secretary on a nooner.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:05 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
There is no ideology to the issue of equal rights for GLBT people; it's a Constitutional issue. First you suggest that there may be more nut jobs in the GLBT community, then say that this preacher doesn't represent any Christian that you know. Can you not see the incongruity of those two statements?
Firstly: I said "this guy doesn't represent any Christians I know" and from this one simple (and truthful) statement, you construed that I must know every Christian, rendering my statement to be incongruent. Maybe that's the problem with people like you. You somehow believe that ALL Christians think alike so any opinion from A Christian (me) that differs from ANOTHER Christian (him) is incompatible. NEWSFLASH There are many many Christians who believe entirely different things comparitively. We only share one divine truth that labels us Christians.

Secondly... which is it LGBT or GLBT, Gay or Glee, He, Heshe or it?... make up your minds.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:54 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

This character doesn't represent any Christian that I know.
And yet he's President of an organization that so many of you use to support your myths about gays on this board.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:56 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
"Romans 1:26-27: "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence [sic] of their error which was meet."

This is generally what thumpers cite as what the alleged god jesus said about homosexuality. Yep, try finding a consensus on what that gibberish means. Generally, most xians I know believe in a random mix of stuff from the old and new testaments depending on what sits well with them on any given day. So, they'll cite the more definitive passage in regards to homosexuality in the old testament and claim that jesus said it not knowing where it came from. Serial cherrypicking causes these issues.
Most Christians also ignore the preceding and following verses from the one above, and have no understanding of its relation to Greek culture or Plato's philosophy, where it originates.

It is ALWAYS pulled out of context and culture.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:06 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
Well, a lot of Americans are grossly offended by sodomy and wouldn't do it with the opposite sex. So they regard people who engage in sodomy as less than equal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies