Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 02:10 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times

Advertisements

Actually I am surprised that he even knew it was the anniversary of D-Day. I guess someone clued him in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 02:46 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Tweeting is huge and a common form of communication now. It was not a footnote to his day nor was it disrespectful. He probably reached more people tweeting than he would have had if he held a press conference.
This is true no matter how many of you want to deny it. And this is coming from someone who does not tweet or use twitter at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post
Ohh give me a freaking break!! If the President Obama brushed his teeth wrong, you right wing teabagging clowns would be complaining about that. This is exactly why we can't get anything done in this country because of this phony outrage. I honestly beginning to think there is something really mentally wrong with a lot of the right wingers in this country.
ITA with this. Too many people like to gripe about stupid ish around here.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:48 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Nothing faux about it.
D-Day is a meaningless historic event to some libs and 0-bots, so in their minds it is much ado about nothing.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
D-Day is a meaningless historic event to some libs and 0-bots, so in their minds it is much ado about nothing.
You know, I've been alive since 1949, pretty well aware of politics since about 1959, and I do not remember D-day being "celebrated" once until the 60th anniversary. I don't even remember my parents, both WW II vets, talking about it. They did, however, like to say "Remember Pearl Harbor" on Dec. 7.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:06 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You know, I've been alive since 1949, pretty well aware of politics since about 1959, and I do not remember D-day being "celebrated" once until the 60th anniversary. I don't even remember my parents, both WW II vets, talking about it. They did, however, like to say "Remember Pearl Harbor" on Dec. 7.
There was quite a big to-do on the 50th anniversary, as well. Incredibly moving. (That damn Lancaster dropping poppies gets me every single time.)

Of course, for us Yurpeans, VE day is perhaps more poignant. Battles are a sad necessity at times, but the coming of peace in liberty is what they're fought for.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:10 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You failed to mention to our progressive friends that FDR, the Democrat hero, who it seems Obama wants to be like did something in that video you put up that Obama just can't do. He prayed for over 6 minutes in that speech to the people of the nation and the words Father, Almighty God, God, and other references to the Christian God kept coming up. I don't think that Obama has any speech writers who could write that prayer let alone the ability to say something like that.

Lets remind the progs that Obama has declared that the US is not a Christian nation any longer. I wonder how much like FDR good old Prince Barack can ever be. He wants us to see him as a hero but he never could do what FDR did in that one. It is a shame that not one of these cruds has bothered to hear that or at least hear it through and comment about what the President of the United States did that historic day.

Compare Obama's tweet to the word of the man he wants to be like. Funny.

I wonder how many of our progressive friends saw that thread last night with all the tweets about the death of Scotty, as they called him in their chanting and squealing. I was very embarrassed when I read those things that any group of Americans could act like that.
You know Roy it wouldn't matter to these America hating Obamabots.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
There was quite a big to-do on the 50th anniversary, as well. Incredibly moving. (That damn Lancaster dropping poppies gets me every single time.)

Of course, for us Yurpeans, VE day is perhaps more poignant. Battles are a sad necessity at times, but the coming of peace in liberty is what they're fought for.
I guess I was too busy raising kids that year to remember it. It's funny what different cultures remember from WW II. Here in the US, Pearl Harbor Day seems to be the premiere event. In Europe, I'm sure not so much!

Old 06-07-2012, 04:48 PM

26,564 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
You know Roy it wouldn't matter to these America hating Obamabots.
you've yet to answer exactly what you found so offensive about the tweet.

so.......???

Old 06-07-2012, 04:57 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No one celebrates D-Day, its a day where the US and our allies remember the shared sacrifices that have been made by our countries.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:03 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
Not to diminish the event its not something he should be expected to stop and make a big statement on. However, what is a story is this man continues to beg the hollywood elite for money. Just a day after the left slammed all the money Walker got, they continue to look the other way in regards to the record number of fundraisers Obama is doing.

Stop begging for damn money and do your damn job. Stop bashing wealthy businessmen while you hang out with wealthy hollywood, you no good celebrity in chief clown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies