Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 05:26 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
So Democrats are dissatisfied because TAXES ARE NOT HIGH ENOUGH.
heheheheh...nice spin. You are in the running for troll of the week!

Nope, just tired of hearing conservatives whine, when in reality they have it pretty darn good.

Last edited by Fiddlehead; 06-07-2012 at 05:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 05:28 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times
Quote:
To say that Democrats HATE America might be a bit of strong language.

But, there's no doubt that Democrats are always trying to change this country.

So, why are Democrats Dissatisfied With America?

And when will Democrats finally be satisfied?
Because we are still free.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:28 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Instead of asking how close are you to dying on the street... why are you not asking, 'can I help you in some way?

Old 06-07-2012, 05:29 PM

606 posts, read 354,510 times
Satisfaction leads to complacency which leads to mediocrity.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:35 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
what is a "conservative? Someone trying to preserve things as they are. But I want to know what the starting point is?

Old 06-07-2012, 05:35 PM

83 posts, read 79,514 times
To say that private equity firms like Bain Capital HATE American businesses might be a bit of strong language.

But, there's no doubt that such firms are always trying to change the businesses they get involved with to make them more profitable.

So, why are Private Equity firms Dissatisfied With American Businesses?

And when will Private Equity finally be satisfied?

Old 06-07-2012, 05:39 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,562 times
There are many more problems with America today than 20-40 yrs ago..... there are obviously many problems that need addressing, but it is more a function of both parties serving their special interests and using the media to deflect peoples attenetion through dumbing down

To be dissatisfied is not hating, it is wanting to address problems

Old 06-07-2012, 05:40 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Instead of asking how close are you to dying on the street... why are you not asking, 'can I help you in some way?
How do you know that you need more help than me?

I'll take care of myself and my family.

Democrat speak for 'can I help you in some way? means tax the rich and give it to Planned Parenthood or Solyndra.

America is about to lose much of the charity it gets from Catholics because Democrats are trying to knuckle them into something they disagree with.

Every time Democrats hope to make things better (from their perspective) they make things worse.

In keeping with the topic of this thread. Why are Democrats so dissatisfied with America?

Democrats can't answer. Everyone is just fine the way they are. Keep your fingers out of everyone's business.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:14 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,554 times
Quote:
To say that Democrats HATE America might be a bit of strong language.

But, there's no doubt that Democrats are always trying to change this country.

So, why are Democrats Dissatisfied With America?

And when will Democrats finally be satisfied?
It's called continuous improvement, and it's forever. No time limit.
Some folks long for the old days when they were making snow angels and black and white TV was the rage. But the reality is you're an adult now, those days are gone and you aren't going to get them back. Look around you, get involved, try to address an inequality that may better one of your fellow human beings lives.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:20 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
It's called continuous improvement, and it's forever. No time limit.
Some folks long for the old days when they were making snow angels and black and white TV was the rage. But the reality is you're an adult now, those days are gone and you aren't going to get them back. Look around you, get involved, try to address an inequality that may better one of your fellow human beings lives.
Wrong! We conservatives aren't looking to turn back the clock on technology. But there is something to be said about the more innocent and more moral times back then compared to the trash that is considered normal these days.

I have no problem with equality for all races. Even back in those times when blacks were discriminated against I was opposed to that and I wouldn't want to go back to that black time of the past. However, there were many good things that were much better back then compared today. You seem to want to riducule the good things about the past. By the way, people still make snow angels today. So what was your point? Sounds like a lot of underlying resentment of a time when white people were more of a majority. We weren't all racists, not by far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies