Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 09:11 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
How do you know that you need more help than me?

I'll take care of myself and my family.

Democrat speak for 'can I help you in some way? means tax the rich and give it to Planned Parenthood or Solyndra.

America is about to lose much of the charity it gets from Catholics because Democrats are trying to knuckle them into something they disagree with.

Every time Democrats hope to make things better (from their perspective) they make things worse.

In keeping with the topic of this thread. Why are Democrats so dissatisfied with America?

Democrats can't answer. Everyone is just fine the way they are. Keep your fingers out of everyone's business.
If you need help I would gladly help you even if it was my last dollar. I was taught that by my mom.....always help those in need even if you are struggling as well I know some think planned parenthood is an abortion mill but they are a godsend for poor people and those without insurance.
And please don't get me started on the catholic church. How do you think they afford their charity.....from their parishinors.....people like me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 09:23 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Let's see.

Liberals were dissatisfied with America when we were ruled by a foreign king.

Liberals were dissatisfied with America when people were allowed to own other human beings as slaves.

Liberals were dissatisfied with America when unregulated markets allowed tainted food and dangerous drugs were freely sold to the public.

Liberals were dissatisfied with America when women were denied the right to vote.

Liberals were dissatisfied with America when children could be forced to work instead of going to school, and when workers were forced to work seven days a week in unsafe working conditions.

Liberals were dissatisfied with America when workers who had lost their jobs had no income, and waited in bread lines for meager handouts to feed their families.

Liberals were dissatisfied with America when workers were fired for trying to join together to improve their wages, hours, and working conditions, and when they had no say in any of them.

Liberals were dissatisfied with America when workers retired into poverty.

Liberals were dissatisfied with America when black children were not allowed to attend the same schools as white children, but were relegated to inferior and poorly funded institutions.

Liberals were dissatisfied when the poor and elderly could not afford medical care.

Liberals were dissatisfied with America when minorities could be denied equal access to employment, housing, and public accommodations.

Liberals were dissatisfied with America when corrupt Southern politicians beat and imprisoned black Americans who tried to register to vote.

Liberals were dissatisfied with America when our leaders used lies and fabrications to convince us to embark on wars of aggression against countries and people who posed no threat to us.

Liberals were dissatisfied with America when people with disabilities were denied educational and job opportunities.

Liberals were dissatisfied with America when patriotic Americans were denied the right to serve their country because of their sexual orientation.

Liberals are dissatisfied with America when we see that not all families are treated equally.

Liberals are dissatisfied with America when we see that the share of income received by the highest one percent of the population is higher than it has ever been, and when the chance that a person born into a lower income family has less opportunity than ever for an affluent or middle-class life.

Liberals are dissatisfied with America when we see that millions of our fellow Americans still cannot afford basic health care.

Liberals are dissatisfied with America when we see that banks that defrauded millions of their life savings and took their homes away are propped up with our tax dollars, while the wealthy speculators who caused the crisis have not been brought to justice.

Yes, there are still many reasons for liberals to be dissatisfied with America. Fortunately, there are also many of us who continue to work for the day when this great country will fulfill its promise to all Americans.

you do know that being liberal at one time was more equal to being Libertarian and not democrat. so most of what you say is true, it is just that it was not the democrat party was responsible, but more so the liberty minded people.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:29 PM

511 posts, read 491,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
Democrats will never be satisfied as long as there are things that can be improved.

Republicans will be satisfied as soon as the rich have everything and the rest of us are dying in the streets.
26 minutes to hyperbole!!!! Yessirree!!!

Old 06-07-2012, 09:31 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Do you think there is nothing that needs improving or changing?
The White House could use a good remodel this fall...

Old 06-07-2012, 09:34 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
Liberals/Democrats think they know what is best for everyone and so seek to control everyone's life, how much money we make and can keep, where we go to school, what kind of cars we can buy, what kind of food we can eat, etc. They're control freaks.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:40 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Sure don't act like it.
How dare you? You do not know a thing about me.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:00 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
To say that Democrats HATE America might be a bit of strong language.

But, there's no doubt that Democrats are always trying to change this country.

So, why are Democrats Dissatisfied With America?

And when will Democrats finally be satisfied?
Because we still have people retarded enough to believe a magical man created the world in 7 days and that a 2000 year old fiction book has the truth about the universe.

I have never heard a Republican on here say they are satisfied with the state of the country and President Obama and since you posed this question, say that you are satisfied with this country and President Obama.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:27 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,760,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Wrong! We conservatives aren't looking to turn back the clock on technology. But there is something to be said about the more innocent and more moral times back then compared to the trash that is considered normal these days.

I have no problem with equality for all races. Even back in those times when blacks were discriminated against I was opposed to that and I wouldn't want to go back to that black time of the past. However, there were many good things that were much better back then compared today. You seem to want to riducule the good things about the past. By the way, people still make snow angels today. So what was your point? Sounds like a lot of underlying resentment of a time when white people were more of a majority. We weren't all racists, not by far.
I think the point was that we need to keep working to improve our country. It doesn't matter where you are, you have to keep your intensity to maintain it? How many high school athlete keep their edge even to 30? Use it or lose it.

The democrats have compromised a great deal with the GOP since the Reagan era, but it is not reciprocated, the far right wants absolute power, and when they win a victory, they want more. Like all fascists. It is absolute power they want. I am not saying all conservatives are like that, but the Tea Party caucus has shot off the rails with their hard right turn. It is too much. We don't need to take an axe to our government in a recession with the boomer retirements preparing to hit like a freight train. We need rational, generous, and competent bipartisan service from our political leaders. The GOP congressmen are so busy going down on Grover Norquist and Rush Limbaugh that they don't have time to do their jobs. And I guess their supporters don't expect any more of them. I am pretty dissatisfied with that.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:41 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
The White House could use a good remodel this fall...
Thanks for commenting on something you know nothing about.
Oh....wait......you thought you were being witty, right?
Fail.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:45 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,652,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
you do know that being liberal at one time was more equal to being Libertarian and not democrat. so most of what you say is true, it is just that it was not the democrat party was responsible, but more so the liberty minded people.
1. There is no such thing as the "democrat party".
2. Feel free to prove to us how pure food and drug laws, child labor laws, legal support for unions, Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are libertarian ideas.
3. Most of the programs I refer to were created and supported not just by liberals but mainly by Democrats. In fact, Republicans continue to try to abolish Social Security and Medicare, and people around here who call themselves libertarians continue to argue that antidiscrimination laws are illegitimate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies