Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 03:25 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Well great... Now that they've made themselves perfectly clear and obviously have NO intent to participate in a correction, then maybe they can just get out of the way and let someone with a plan to restore the country to the intent of a Federal Republic. And they can keep their right to voice their concerns.
And who would that be? Ron Paul? ROFLMAO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 03:29 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Why is this a surprise to anyone?

Grover Norquist said it clearly: They will make it impossible for a Democrat to govern as a Democrat. Their objective is, and has been since Obama took office, to FORCE any Democratic President or Congress controlled by the Democrats into failure, no matter what it costs the nation. Under this strategy, NO Democrat led government will succeed. The GOP will obstruct, delay, shift blame...do whatever it takes to regain power no matter who gets hurt in the process.

And the goal is a defacto one party rule.
They wish to burn down the house and say both sides are responsible, when, in fact, the damage belongs only to Republicans and their disastrous deregulation, wars of choice and reckless spending.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:34 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
They wish to burn down the house and say both sides are responsible, when, in fact, the damage belongs only to Republicans and their disastrous deregulation, wars of choice and reckless spending.
Yup. But, you'll never get the Obamphobes to admit that because they might suddenly understand that they've been had by the Koch brothers, Karl Rove and ol' Rush.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:03 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Who's expecting a wingnut like you to reach across the aisle?
The democrats expect, and yes demand the Republicans reach across the aisle - not to work out via compromise on issues but to agree and acquiesce to the democrat views and issues.

That in no way is bipartisanship.

The Republicans are right to push back in any way they see fit. Anything they do to keep this failure of a president in check is fine with me. And I don't agree with Republicans 75% of the time.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:36 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
honestly, aren't you even a little embarrassed posting that?

why don't you tell me the ways that obama is different from bush-ESPECIALLY in terms of wall street reform, wars, and reckless spending.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:53 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times
Face it folks---any allegedly reputable newspaper that has the audacity to run a pointless story regarding a 45-year old bullying episode on Mr. Romney on the front page is, as the old TV lawyer Perry Mason used to say, 'Incompetent, irrelevant & immaterial.'

Old 06-09-2012, 01:55 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Their goal is to set up a government owned by the corporations, run by the religious fanatics and impossible to change by voting.

That is when the 2'nd amendment comes into play.....

You will find the corporate billionaires to cower if they have targets on them...

Old 06-11-2012, 08:48 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Childish.
You are the one name calling here, so who is being childish? Hmmm?

I'm sure you and Obama thought that that pork loaded Stimulus bill was perfectly suited towards stimulating the private sector economy. but I saw it for what it was, a waste of taxpayer money so politicians could repay their cronies and buy more votes. Obama repaid his union buddies, and started his green energy agenda,

Quote:
Idiocy would be listening to people like you. Republicanism has become the recipe for disaster.
What exactly is it that you think Republicans did to create this "disaster"?

I think it was caused by F&F and the various Clinton repeals of long standing financial laws, that cased this disaster. This was a team effort by democrats, and moderate republicans who reached across the isle to compromise and get along with the dems.

Quote:
A parrot can occasionally be smarter but your repetitions leave a lot to be desired towards that effect.
You just don't want to hear it, because you have already bought into your excuses for Obama's $5 trillion in new debt, and his excessive spending levels. I'm sure you think Obama is not to blame for any of this, it was tsunami, the bush tax cuts, the EU, the Arab Spring, retiring baby boomers, and Halliburton and the oil companies that are to blame. And Obama has decreased federal spending more then any other president in 70 years.

Quote:
Yeah, it is the President's job to force congress to work, even if it is the insane within the congress whose sole purpose in life is to destroy what is left of "government". But they can do so, riding on a big number of utter idiots.
So who do we fault for the $3 trillion in new debt, and all the wonderful things the dems did, when Obama and the dems controlled all of Washington for two years?

What exactly have the Republicans done over the past 18 months? The dems still have the presidency and the senate, so what is your excuse, that the dems need 70 in the senate and 400 in the house?

Quote:
You have already demonstrated your illiteracy on the US Constitution and procedures involved.

There is a reason you're a republican. I would hate to associate self with ANY of that.
More name calling. Is that all you have left, to call people names who disagree with you?

Your problem is that you have accepted the insanity by our politicians and bureaucrats, that has become common in Washington over these past 20 years, and you now look upon it as the norm. It's not normal for our federal government to spend $2.5-$3.8 trillion each year. It's not normal to project an annual deficits of over $1 trillion a year for 10 years down the road.

Our government no longer even blinks at spending hundreds of billions in crony capitalist schemes. We call spending billions of dollars in venture capitalism and bailouts "investments". I'm all in favor of halting this president and his administration from taking any further action from now until Jan 22nd. I say this because the only thing this president knows how to do is spend our money to benefit his cronies, and raise our taxes.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:51 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I'm sure you and Obama thought that that pork loaded Stimulus bill was perfectly suited towards stimulating the private sector economy. but I saw it for what it was, a waste of taxpayer money so politicians could repay their cronies and buy more votes. Obama repaid his union buddies, and started his green energy agenda...

What exactly is it that you think Republicans did to create this "disaster"?
If 2.26 million private sector jobs in 2011 is a disaster, what would you call, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2008? (Note, I left 2005 out the only calendar year where we saw more private sector jobs IN THE ENTIRE DECADE+).

Digest that.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:57 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Yeah... and the rights granted to them by those "activist" judges on the Supreme Court.

Of course, activist judges used to be something dreadful...until they ruled in favor of corporate money and then it suddenly became OK.
Tell me what part of the Constitution, limits ones right to free speech..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies