Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 07:26 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I don't think you've read the threads. The first one is clearly written by a conservative, if you have any doubt look at his posting history. I don't see how the ISP one is Democratic, the thread really belongs in the computers or technology forum, and the 5th thread has stereotypes about gays, so not sure how that is Democratic.

So that leaves us with 12 Republican and 5 Democratic, a 2 to 1 margin. On some days almost every thread is bashing either minorities, gays, immigrants, unions, liberals, democrats, or Obama.
Thanks for pointing out no one ever starts Republican bashing or gets a jab at Christians, Conservatives as being a problem to the world..........let's not forget the "Old White Man" comments

Are you sure your not President Obama or one of his cronies.........your post sounds like it's never the left at fault just a bunch of victims. President Obama reminds us of this often...........

Old 06-07-2012, 07:37 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I had been reading other forums lately. One of which was Democratic underground. And man, most other forums are full of people who think exactly alike, and they are offended when someone actually disagrees with them.
Have you ever tried a conservative forum? I have, prior to discovering C-D. The idea I had was to have an opposition and challengers to my points. It is why I prefer to surround self with those who I usually disagree with. Sort of the idea Obama had when he was working on his administration. You don't want ditto heads.

I was banned from that conservative forum for using the word "misinformation" against a statement by right wing political entertainer on Fox News. It was a violation of the TOS there. Something along those lines?

Old 06-07-2012, 07:37 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
I am a conservative and I don't post in those liberal, left leaning forums and blogs anymore. It has been my experience that they can't handle a different point of view from their own or the facts. First they berate and insult you and then they ban you from their site. The Huffington Post is a good example of that.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:52 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
I agree with the OP wholeheartedly...and even started a similar thread about it a while back:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...cal-forum.html

Old 06-07-2012, 07:55 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
Um I don't think any forum, left or right, can handle different points of view. That is why they label them as such.

City-Data P&OC is special because most of the people that came here trickled in from the Location forums I suppose, from boredom of perusing the rest of the forum. This place is a dumping ground to bash your ideologies against others ideologies and learn nothing of value from. Except that you think the other side is consisted of idiots. This was created on purpose; a place where highly charged subjects can get "discuss" in an "open" forum. Others just come for the mayhem and foolishness of it.

The truth is that this forum is pretty much cut down the middle politically. It is just that conservatives tend to be the squeakiest wheel on this particular forum. A lot of stuff to get off their chest I suppose.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:57 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
=EinsteinsGhost;24638901}Have you ever tried a conservative forum? I have, prior to discovering C-D. The idea I had was to have an opposition and challengers to my points. It is why I prefer to surround self with those who I usually disagree with. Sort of the idea Obama had when he was working on his administration. You don't want ditto heads.
Don't think you can say just Conservative forums........... another poster said the same thing happened to them on a Liberal site. This forum does seem to be more balanced in different view points,...... although, I feel more "lefties" are on here, others feel more "righties."

Quote:
I was banned from that conservative forum for using the word "misinformation" against a statement by right wing political entertainer on Fox News. It was a violation of the TOS there. Something along those lines?
Guess, there would be no P&OC forum on C-D if they banned either side from using this word ^^.......... Not sure how a debate is a debate if both sides think the same. I think some posters like to attack the messenger and not the message, which leads to more attacks.

Don't think you can say, "just Conservative forums" as another poster mentioned, it happened to them on a Liberal site. This forum does seem to be more balanced in different view points although, I feel more "lefties" are on here others feel more "righties."

C-D has those that like to report others..........sooooooo, high school I'll let you figure out what side most of them are on.............

Old 06-07-2012, 07:57 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I am a conservative and I don't post in those liberal, left leaning forums and blogs anymore. It has been my experience that they can't handle a different point of view from their own or the facts. First they berate and insult you and then they ban you from their site. The Huffington Post is a good example of that.
I've been booted and banned from so many politcal forums that i've lost count. 100% of those forums had turned into liberal cesspools who are not intersted in political debate or opposing viewpoints. I still lurk quite a bit because I like to see what the enemy is plotting. Fortunatately, i've come to the decision that the majority of liberals are low on intellect. It used to frustrate me that they were so obtuse, but now I realize that they can't help it. Liberalism is a mental disease.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:59 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Don't think you can say just Conservative forums........... another poster said the same thing happened to them on a Liberal site.
Well, it was I who presented a balance. The OP could have been more balanced by either taking both sides or neither. Since he took one side, I presented another side (without quoting an example).

And I take it you have a problem only with my post?

Old 06-07-2012, 08:00 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The liberals are more outspoken? It's not the liberals who start all the anti-Black, anti-gay, anti-Obama, anti-Dem, pro-photo-ID for voting, anti-liberal, anti-Hispanic, etc. threads. You must be very selective in which posts you read.
Right, liberals do the pro-Black, pro-gay, pro-Obama, pro-Dem, pro-photo-ID for voting, pro-liberal, pro-Hispanic, etc. threads. Not to mention all of the tea-party vulgar names, right wind nut jobs, etc. liberals post.

Wasn't there athread about Obama Strikes Again with regards to a drone killing an al-Q member - as if he had some to do with it?

With regards to the OP - you are right, the back forth around here is relatively good. Sometimes it's tough, but you take the good with the bad with something like this.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The liberals are more outspoken? It's not the liberals who start all the anti-Black, anti-gay, anti-Obama, anti-Dem, pro-photo-ID for voting, anti-liberal, anti-Hispanic, etc. threads. You must be very selective in which posts you read.
Some folks are 4Truth only when people are pro-Black, pro-gay, pro-Obama, pro-Dem, blahblahblahblah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies