Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 11:11 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times

Advertisements

These leaks make Obama look like a subversive.

5 months until election day and Obama isn't running on anything. Obamacare will be shot down by the Supreme Court and the economy will get worse.

So how is he going to sell himself?

As the guy leaking national security secrets?

This doesn't puff him up - it makes him look smaller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 11:20 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
These leaks make Obama look like a subversive.

5 months until election day and Obama isn't running on anything. Obamacare will be shot down by the Supreme Court and the economy will get worse.

So how is he going to sell himself?

As the guy leaking national security secrets?

This doesn't puff him up - it makes him look smaller.
ONLY IF its reported on day after day like it should be, until we get answers. That wont happen. You know, I know, the media is complicit and will not demand answers.
If Bush had a DOJ led by Holder, and what happened yesterday, that debacle with Holder "answering" questions, happened under Bush's watch. It wouldve been headline news and be talked about and pushed out there until every soul in America new about it. That didnt happen, it hasnt happened.

There are tons of things that would easily give Obama ZERO chance at being re-elected. But the media will not do their job. They are partisan and have admitted as much (recently a head guy at CBS said this after praising Obama at a fundraiser).

The ONLY reason we will have to fight to win this election is because our media are not the watch dogs they are suppose to be.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:49 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Obama is personally responsible for these leaks?
Now that is funny!

Let's see, Bush was totally responsible all by himself for new Orleans after Katrina when EVERYBODY knew the Gov. and Mayor were derelict in their duties.

Bush is totally responsible all by himself for Iraq and Afgan. even though the dem controlled Congress gave him authority AND continued to vote for funding. (Without the support from the dems he could NOT have sent the troops)

Bush is totally responsible all by himself for the economic collapse even though the dem had control of the House and REFUSED to do anything about Fannie and Freddie and Clinton had nothing to do with giving mortgages to people who couldn't afford them.

Etc., etc., etc.

If you don't believe, just read all the post on here about Bush.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Obama today said his WH has zero tolerance on people that leak sensitive information. Doesn't that make us all feel better ?
He also said "past administrations" also had this problem. See, it's not HIS fault.
He also refused to answer the question as to whether or not the WH is actively investigating this so I guess there's one secret that won't be released to the public

I hope Congress (House and Senate) move forward with their statements that they will hold their own investigations although I fear it will turn into another "fast and furious" with the WH refusing to cooperate or appear.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:59 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Michelle Bachmann is on the Intelligence Committee and has high level clearance to information like this. Seems to me she would be a likely candidate for a leak of this kind......lots of incentive for someone who puts party goals above all else.
No, it is more likely dem Sen. "Leaky" Leahy. you know the one removed from the Intelligence Committee for releasing sensitive info.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:05 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Ewery administration has leakers. Even congress has leakers. I some cases its agnda they promote o leakers aprt. In others it the good ole boy media ypu pat my back :I'll pat yours.Media can help careers and lwakers can help media careers.Unnmae source say it all;we do not want you to know or someone else.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:06 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Relax, the HNIC (head narcissist in charge) has spoken.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:08 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Obama today said his WH has zero tolerance on people that leak sensitive information. Doesn't that make us all feel better ?
Can a Special Prosecutor be brought in without the President's approval? He is obviously stonewalling already.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:12 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Can a Special Prosecutor be brought in without the President's approval? He is obviously stonewalling already.
I don't think so. He said no to a a proposal of an independent investigation.
Remember he can invoke Executive privilege for all the people employed in the Executive branch.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:13 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
To me this is part of open govt. Its good to know what the Admin. is doing after its been done so as to protect the troops.
The false indignation on the Repub. side is fun to see and drives them nuts as they see a Pres. who is strong and willing to get stuff done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies