Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 04:39 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,833,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Well if people could smoke weed legaly they wouldnt be trying to get high off of every god damned thing on the planet.
I know, right? I can't be the only one here who remembers the whipped cream (aerosol) trend, and I'm sure that wasn't the first "household item" people tried to get high. Point being, if a human wants to intoxicate themselves they can always find a way - legal or not. Heck, even my cats will get themselves high if I don't offer catnip... for some reason household bleach cleaners seem their preference, which is why I don't use those in my home anymore. Feline fiends, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 04:39 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,900,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Haha... you have to love the "suggested similar threads," one of which is "What is your favorite snack item with beer or wine?" Why do Fava beans and Chianti also come to mind? Hmmm.

Anyway, I don't think people would start eating each other just because they're tired of the system. Perhaps it's a combination of the recent trendiness of Zombies, mixed with what's obviously a very intoxicating substance? Regardless of the reasons, it does make me glad to be a (mostly) vegetarian... and I suggest the meat eaters here start cooking their own food.
Perhaps I just didn't convey it efficiently...

It's not as if somebody wakes up and says "I've had it....time to eat faces"

I'm saying at what point do the incidents of people "snapping" indicate the consequences of our socio-economic climate. I won't be pretentious and say it's much worse today than it was 50 years or 100 years ago....although it is worth discussing..

Two "zombie" attacks this close together is brow raising...

Maybe it's not worse than it was 50 years ago and we just perceive it that way because we now know everything through the feed of the internet.

Either way.... I think people are crazier today.

Last edited by Hot_Handz; 06-07-2012 at 06:04 PM..

Old 06-07-2012, 04:45 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,833,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Either way.... I think people are crazier today.
I think every generation says that, so we're either getting progressively crazier or the past always looks rosier once it's passed... honestly not sure which one it is, or if it's a combination of both.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:51 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,477,729 times
Quote:
Haha... you have to love the "suggested similar threads," one of which is "What is your favorite snack item with beer or wine?" Why do Fava beans and Chianti also come to mind? Hmmm.
I got "News, Book Uncovers Rocks As Ingredients of "Twinkie"- The Snack Cake." Heh...

Old 06-07-2012, 05:07 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,167,729 times
Quote:
I think every generation says that, so we're either getting progressively crazier or the past always looks rosier once it's passed... honestly not sure which one it is, or if it's a combination of both.
I always think it's the latter. Good point though. Everything looks better in retrospect.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:29 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,306,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I would tend to think that if you are craving "human flesh" you really aren't concerned about your "political ideology".
At one time it would've been said if you were a man craving another man you really weren't concerned about "political ideology" either, and yet look, they're mostly Democrats today. How times change.

How about, instead of "We're here. We're *****. Get used to it", "We're here. We're hungry, run!"

Old 06-07-2012, 05:35 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,069,171 times
Quote:
Well if people could smoke weed legaly they wouldnt be trying to get high off of every god damned thing on the planet.
Your logic is extremely flawed....

Alcohol is legal and givesa high, but meanwhile, more and more people are still looking to other drugs to get high on legal and illegal

If you want to make a decent argument for legalizing reefer..... base it on increased tax revenue..... I personally think it should be legal and taxed like alcohol and tobacco

I swear, some of the arguments for legalizing it are bat**** crazy

Old 06-08-2012, 07:18 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,959,798 times
Quote:

You must have missed the sarcasm, and I think along those lines as well. Since our government took the liberty to outlaw nature, people will huff, snort, or injest anything.

I'm waiting for the usual suspects to retort with "why do people have to get high?"

HMMM, maybe because we WANT TO! And it's nice to kick back and chill once in awhile! Not that it's any of their business though.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:22 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,959,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Crack Meth and Heroin are still huge problems all across America.....

Bathsalts are just the newest latest drug for people to self medicate with to drown out the reality of a life that increasingly sucks for a ever increasing % of people
Heroin and it's legal opiate cousins along with meth are huge problems here in Ohio.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:30 AM

24,372 posts, read 22,982,365 times
I'm starting to lean towards possession.... Going nuts is one thing but going cannabalistic is another. Anybody caught selling those bath salts should do a minimum of 5 years, no parole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies