Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see the U.S. ban gay pride parades?
Yes 26 22.03%
No 89 75.42%
Not sure 3 2.54%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 08:24 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
Bull's excrements *2
Umm...do you deny that people are leaving Russia in droves?

Maybe you should change your username.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 08:26 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yeah, my ancestors sure didn't feel the need to stay (left during the Pogroms in the late-19th Century) - and I'm glad they made that decision! I'd love to visit Russia one day, but pretty sure I won't stay beyond a short trip... I like my freedom, thanks.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:28 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
It looks like Russia is slowly going back to communism with banning gay parade.
Naw - they won't do that - to many people have experienced the benefits of capitalism - and they won't relinquish control. But Russia does seem to have a need some strong leadership - it is in their blood. Maybe that is why they put up with Vladimir Putin.

Russia also has a proud history of revolting against tyranny and vigorously defending the Fatherland - Putin had better watch himself - or he will lose.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:36 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Naw - they won't do that - to many people have experienced the benefits of capitalism - and they won't relinquish control. But Russia does seem to have a need some strong leadership - it is in their blood. Maybe that is why they put up with Vladimir Putin.

Russia also has a proud history of revolting against tyranny and vigorously defending the Fatherland - Putin had better watch himself - or he will lose.

Russia is too rich in natural resources compared to their labor economy. Its always a recipe for tyranny. Their drinking problem does not help either. If you kill the Japanese to steal their wealth, you'd find out that you just killed it. Very different when the wealth is in the resources. The Oligarchs just destroyed post communist Russia.

Still, though, their women are easy on the eyes.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:59 AM

1,725 posts, read 2,066,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Believe me, I would never want to live there, and neither would most Americans.
Believe me, most Russian would never want to live in America

Quote:
Whether the parades are accepted isn't the point. You said most Americans don't accept homosexuality, and I responded with a Gallup Poll that showed your statement was wrong.
I said that for most people it's abnormal. While non-acceptance means homosexuality itself should be banned.

Quote:
One of the wonderful things about the U.S. is that we have a strong tradition of freedom and liberty for individuals. The same cannot be said about Russia, unfortunately.
Russians are extremely individualist (way too much, for our own good). Americans on the other hand exhibit some serious hoard behaviour. Continue pushing Cold War propaganda, and I'll call you brainwashed zombie

Quote:
Putin doesn't think it's bull excrement.
Birth rate: 12.6 births/1,000 population (2011) Death rate: 13.5 deaths/1,000 population (2011)Net migration rate: 2.24 migrant(s)/1,000 population (2011)

The problem in Russia is the same as in all of the Western world - white population is on a decline.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
It looks like Russia is slowly going back to communism with banning gay parade.
Russia was more or less communist (educate yourself a bit about the term) long before Incas began building their pyramids. And no, it's not going that way.

If you meant state-capitalism - then you are right, but homosexuality has nothing to do with that.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Yes, I deny that, because it's simply bull****. There was serious emigration in 1990's (economic collapse), especially among Jews, after Israel passed the repatriation law, and Germans, after Germany resumed high pension payments to WW2 vets, millions of whom lived in Russia. But those times are long gone.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:27 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
Yes, I deny that, because it's simply bull****. There was serious emigration in 1990's (economic collapse), especially among Jews, after Israel passed the repatriation law, and Germans, after Germany resumed high pension payments to WW2 vets, millions of whom lived in Russia. But those times are long gone.
Russia is seeing an emigration exodus - Los Angeles Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/29/wo...nsus.html?_r=1

BBC News | EUROPE | Russian population in steep decline

Just keep burying your head in the sand...errr... snow!

Russia and Poland are like the only two countries in "Europe" that send immigrants to the United States in appreciable numbers these days. Oh, and British who retire to Florida, but that's a different situation.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:48 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Maybe it's time the US Embassy stopped propagandizing the US as the land of opportunity, and tossing around visas like confetti.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Just keep burying your head in the sand...errr... snow!
Worry not, my bear pet is always near to pour some vodka, play balalaika, and tell me the truth that I overlooked

Do you enjoy being zombie? That's some really pathetic propaganda.

Quote:
A successful Russian poet, Irtenyev says he can no longer breathe freely in his homeland, because "with each passing year, and even with each passing day, there is less and less oxygen around."
His interview (in Russian):

????-????????? ? ???????

He says that he wants to live in Israel, because he's a Jew, but Russia still remains his home as well. The reason for living on two homes is not political. His wife noted that nothing interesting happens in Russia anymore, and it's dead boring.

Quote:
Roughly 1.25 million Russians have left the country in the last 10 years, Sergei Stepashin
According to Rosstat - 206,000 in 10 years. For example, permanent emigration from much smaller Germany is 700,000 a year.

Quote:
Russian nuclear physicist Vladimir Alimov, who now works at the University of Toyama in Japan, said he couldn't survive on the $450 monthly salary of a senior researcher at the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
The nuclear research in the Institute is long no more. Not a bad salary for doing nothing.

For example, incomes (not base salaries, which are meaningless) of professors are $3000-$5000+. Multiply that on a difference in the cost of living.

Quote:
Tuesday, 24 October, 2000
Russian population in steep decline
I suggest you get stats from 1941-1945, or better yet about a millenia ago, when Mongolians killed 2/3 Russians

Population declines (especially native) are massive in all Western countries. Russia is no different - actually, the total population decline has stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies