Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll: Men are more lonely than women?
Yes 26 53.06%
No 23 46.94%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 01:21 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
pain is not the worst thing that can happen in life.
but the victims of vampires should not long to be bitten, nor feel neglected when they are alone.
matthew 10:36
Uh, no. Matthew 10:36 reads as such:

Quote:
And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 02:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
That's a good one too but I don't see how it fits the topic exactly.

I just looked it up...Matthew 10 36 is "a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'' Where is this one about vampires from?
fits it perfect, there are worse things than being alone, a great line from black and white film the incredible shrinking man.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I don't see it would be true as its more socialy acceptable for a man to approach a woman than other way around. I know women use to( I am married) say men have the advantage there and I agree.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:03 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowjoe View Post
Just came across this article which is rather interesting and insightful:

Why Do Men Have a Hard Time Making Friends? | Psychology Today

As a guy, i'd say that not only do guys seem to have it harder in life but they are more lonely than women.

So what do you think?
I generally have no problem making friends. But sometimes, I just like to be alone. To the cave!

[alone =/= lonely]

Old 06-08-2012, 03:06 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Women are the ones that need more people time. Men often just want to be left alone ...in the man cave!

Old 06-08-2012, 03:36 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Default Poll: Men are more lonely than women?

I have a few friends who have been divorced for a short time, they cruise the online dating sites and from what I see it looks like the opposite, my women friends don't get near the responses as the men. It probably depends on a bunch of factors I don't understand.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:41 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
I don't think you are right on either count. Being surrounded by a bunch of people you are not really friends with, like most female friendships, is not any more satisfying than being alone or only having one or two real friends. And I don't think men have it harder in life all in all, like the song says, "This is a Man's World."
Exactly how do you know this about female friendships? Please provide a source for your assertion.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:43 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I prefer my company over others.

My experience leads me to believe that most women suck the life out of you.

Why is it that once a couple become an item, the woman wants to change the man? If she didn't like what he was before, why get together at all. The last girlfriend I had did just that. I told her I am me, and there was no changing who I was. We all know where that went.

Being alone with me is preferable.
Then you are a lucky man...sounds like you're going to stay that way.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:00 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowjoe View Post
Just came across this article which is rather interesting and insightful:

Why Do Men Have a Hard Time Making Friends? | Psychology Today

As a guy, i'd say that not only do guys seem to have it harder in life but they are more lonely than women.

So what do you think?

Hell yes. My wife is the most wonderful, social person in the world. Everyone likes her and she can "fit in" in almost any socio-economic group (given the fact that she has belonged at one time or another to all of them). She has many friends with whom she maintains an active social life and is active in the community. All in all, the "perfect" person. I, on the other hand, have always been strictly medicine/business and have only three or four friends. I do not seek the approval or interaction with others, as it makes no difference to me whatsoever. The only thing that is important to me is my family, academic interests, and my profession. I don't give a crap about anything else.

Most males I know (who are very well to do and successful) do not care about socializing, traveling, or going to dinner with other people. I simply do not care about other views or perspectives on life, as I have lived a real life, endured hardship, and have come through very well. I know what is real and what is BS and I simply do not want hear a bunch of BS from people. I would prefer to read books, do CMEs, and study physics, math, and auto mechanics and just explore issues of science, rather than personal "bit*h" sessions.

Thank goodness that we have strong women who are engaging, are pillars of the community, and maintain their families. I am a very lucky man to have met and married such a woman.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:10 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,378 times
Lonely?

The sole purpose for making my Man Cave was to get away from people.

Baseball on TV and a couple of brewskies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies