Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:23 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,462,208 times

Advertisements

Mental illness or a malfunction in the brain (still boils down to mental illness), an employer has the right to choose who or what they want to represent their business and a transvestite or gay would never get hired by me. I also would never hire someone that did not bathe, dressed like a tramp or was covered in tats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 07:35 PM

1,011 posts, read 3,088,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Clearly it is a mental illness and just because they (under pressure) decided it was not a mental illness does not make it so. I would never hire someone so confused to represent my business. We thoroughly screen anyone we hire. If I walk into a business that has some man dressed up like a woman or visa versa, I walk out and give my business to someone else.

I certainly would not support any candidate that approved of special protections for sexual confusion.
This is absolutely ridiculous.

Here's a hint: instead of clinging to your bigoted ideals, why don't you try reading the actual science and theory behind it?

Hint: you'll find out you have no clue what you're talking about. Unless of course you'd like to provide a link to something that corroborates your fascinating theories.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Actually they have 100% TOTAL control over their gender. Look in your pants and you'll know if you are male or female. Deal with it. Simple.

What if I decide I'm black, even though my skin is white. Can I start trying to tell everyone I'm black and they have to accept it? What if I painted myself black everymorning because I was so sure I'm black and that nature made a mistake? Wonder how many people would be forced to accept me then...
Gender does not equal sex.

Hope that helps.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:39 PM

87 posts, read 269,315 times
Quote:
Clearly it is a mental illness and just because they (under pressure) decided it was not a mental illness does not make it so. I would never hire someone so confused to represent my business. We thoroughly screen anyone we hire. If I walk into a business that has some man dressed up like a woman or visa versa, I walk out and give my business to someone else.

I certainly would not support any candidate that approved of special protections for sexual confusion.
Sad....very sad.

Like others in this forum, you're also stuck in a time capsule, if you truly believe that.

Homosexuality is a mental illness...LMAO, go back to the 1930's, please!

Old 09-24-2007, 07:40 PM

87 posts, read 269,315 times
Quote:
Mental illness or a malfunction in the brain (still boils down to mental illness), an employer has the right to choose who or what they want to represent their business and a transvestite or gay would never get hired by me. I also would never hire someone that did not bathe, dressed like a tramp or was covered in tats.
Then in my opinion, you don't deserve to even operate a business and in many countries, you'd be closed down and sued for discrimination.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:42 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,328,662 times
Quote:

Well, in my city you wouldn't be ALLOWED to discriminate against gays in the workplace (not sure about trans-sexuals (which is different than a transvestite). Same thing with many of the big cities in this country... the economic engines that drag the leeching backwater parts of the country along behind them.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Do you know the difference between "gender" and "sex"?

Amongst academics, "Gender" is socially constructed, "Sex" is not. Therefore, as has been shown when doctors in the 50s would "snip off" one type of parts when hermaphrodites were born, just because you have a certain type of "plumbing" doesn't mean the circuitry lines up.

At any rate, even IF it were a choice (which it's not), why, again, do you think you should be able to discriminate?
This is right on.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:54 PM

9,877 posts, read 10,788,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginabox View Post
Then in my opinion, you don't deserve to even operate a business and in many countries, you'd be closed down and sued for discrimination.
Don't think you want to go down that road! In many other countries, one would be jailed or killed for being a homosexual, transgendered, bisexual or whatever other sexual you might dream up as some scientific snafu! 'No homosexuals in Iran': Ahmadinejad how do you like him now?

Last edited by silas777; 09-24-2007 at 09:12 PM..

Old 09-24-2007, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Don't think you want to go down that road! In many other countries, one would be jailed or killed for being a homosexual, transgendered, bisexual or whatever other sexual you might dream up as some scientific snafu! 'No homosexuals in Iran': Ahmadinejad how do you like him now?
What does this have to do with anything? Because some countries have a worse human rights record, we should feel lucky for what we have currently?

Um, no.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:51 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,446,249 times
This thread was hijacked by Silas777 in post #8. Please stop feeding the troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies