Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 10:59 AM

923 posts, read 1,429,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
"The situation in Europe is not simply a debt crisis, you've got some countries, like Greece, that genuinely have spent more than they're bringing in." - President Obama
I damn near fell out out of my chair when he said this. He's really clueless. I also like the fact his only interest in creating jobs is creating more union, govt. jobs. Does he know where Wisconsin is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 11:00 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
No, I'm not assuming that. I'm pointing out that he points to it as problematic in Greece while we continue to do the same thing.
You are being intellectually dishonest by clipping out a relevant part of the statement. The premise isn't that debt is non-issue. It is that debt is not the only issue. There is a significant difference, if you can get it.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:03 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You are being intellectually dishonest by clipping out a relevant part of the statement. The premise isn't that debt is non-issue. It is that debt is not the only issue. There is a significant difference, if you can get it.
I'm making a different point.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitem3 View Post
I damn near fell out out of my chair when he said this. He's really clueless. I also like the fact his only interest in creating jobs is creating more union, govt. jobs. Does he know where Wisconsin is?
Amazing!

Old 06-08-2012, 11:05 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,566 times
Quote:
I would rather be the fool who can see where we were compared to now, than a fool like you who preferred the good old days or worse, is in denial of it.

I don't expect fools to have a clue on why the number of people on food stamps would rise. But I would take fools who are clueless over partisan hacks who are here to only promote their agenda, or in denial.

I would respect any fool who believes that more people employed are better than fewer.

Actually, I'm here to help you recover from the relentless efforts on your part out of desperation. You started this thread, didn't you?
You can try and spin everything anyway you want. But we are not in a big recovery and we are not "fine". More spending is NOT the answer and this is Obama's economy, having the number of people of food stamps DOUBLE is nothing to be proud of.

Speaking of partisan, people like you are the ones who turn a blind eye from leaks coming out of the WH, Fast and Furious, Solyndra, and an incompetent DOJ. Dont tell me about partisan garbage. Especially when the media admits to being partisan, its no wonder why they are complicit the way they are.

Yep, I did start this thread. And most Americans, if they hear Obama's idiotic comment about things being fine, should further increase the number of people against him. He is indeed, an amateur.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:06 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
The economy is certainly doing a lot more than just fine, if we were to consider how it was doing 3-4 years ago. But then, considering is a tall order for those who prefer Ostrich Syndrome instead.
The current economy has been built on nothing, just like the housing and tech bubbles. The only reason the markets aren't at 10,000 is because of programs like QE1 and 2. These programs simply took from the lower classes in the form of inflation and transferred that to Wall Street. That is not sustainable.

Look how the markets have stagnated and commodities have fallen since the end of the QE programs. Other programs have kept things from completely tanking but this is not how one builds an economy.

Today's speech about main street doing fine is just an excuse to provide more to Wall Street.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
I'm making a different point.
What different point would that be?

Old 06-08-2012, 11:09 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The current economy has been built on nothing, just like the housing and tech bubbles. The only reason the markets aren't at 10,000 is because of programs like QE1 and 2. These programs simply took from the lower classes in the form of inflation and transferred that to Wall Street. That is not sustainable.

Look how the markets have stagnated and commodities have fallen since the end of the QE programs. Other programs have kept things from completely tanking but this is not how one builds an economy.

Today's speech about main street doing fine is just an excuse to provide more to Wall Street.
I think its an excuse to try and increase spending, as if continuing to spend money we dont have is the answer. This stupid fool actually put down state governments for trying to put a reign on spending. Unbelievable.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

And we didn't have all that until...? Give me an estimated year so I can see why Obama should be blamed...

Old 06-08-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
What different point would that be?
I already made it pretty clearly. You were just choosing to respond to what you asserted was my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies