Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 11:20 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And we didn't have all that until...? Give me an estimated year so I can see why Obama should be blamed...
What are you talking about? QE1 was backed by Obama and was started just after the elections and QE2 was started two years after. Now Bernanke is hinting about QE3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 11:20 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Not going down a different path with you. The fact that he pointed it out as a contributor is all that's required for my point. If I were making the point you continue to assert as mine, then your post would be valid.
Of course you can't. All it took was putting the entire context in place to demonstrate your dishonesty. If not for it, you have NOTHING!

Old 06-08-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What are you talking about? QE1 was backed by Obama and was started just after the elections and QE2 was started two years after. Now Bernanke is hinting about QE3.
This is what I'm talking about...
Quote:
The current economy has been built on nothing, just like the housing and tech bubbles...
So, now you're blaming Obama for it? Seriously, what do you people drink? Let me have some of it so whatever pain this country has to go in the future may actually appear to be good times as I celebrate with y'all.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
This is what I'm talking about...

So, now you're blaming Obama for it? Seriously, what do you people drink? Let me have some of it so whatever pain this country has to go in the future may actually appear to be good times as I celebrate with y'all.
For the housing and tech bubbles? No. I'm blaming him for continueing the same failed ideas of the past.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:25 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Of course you can't. All it took was putting the entire context in place to demonstrate your dishonesty. If not for it, you have NOTHING!
You're funny. Why would I discuss a point as my own or defend it when it clearly wasn't what I said? Either you are unable to grasp that, or you just refuse to do so. Either way, I'm not going to take a position because you would rather discuss something irrelevant to what I was saying because you think you can make a point about that topic. To assert my stance in the face of what I have written is dishonest.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
For the housing and tech bubbles? No. I'm blaming him for continueing the same failed ideas of the past.
So you think he had the time and support to radically change everything built up over... (hence I asked you for an estimate of when it all began).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
You're funny. Why would I discuss a point as my own or defend it when it clearly wasn't what I said? Either you are unable to grasp that, or you just refuse to do so. Either way, I'm not going to take a position because you would rather discuss something irrelevant to what I was saying because you think you can make a point about that topic.
I wasn't trying to be funny. I was simply addressing a message that YOU posted with a quote duly edited out of context. What kind of people do that? Someone with logical and proper reasoning, or dishonest people with an agenda, especially when they continue to refuse accepting the context.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:27 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
I'll betcha ol' Al Einstein is wondering what he did to deserve this!

Old 06-08-2012, 11:28 AM

And we have even more geniuses joining in, speaking for Einstein.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
So you think he had the time and support to radically change everything built up over... (hence I asked you for an estimate of when it all began).
Sorry, the attempt at misdirecting is a waste of my time. Obama has inflated Wall Street through main street. That is what he has done. What was done before that is irrelevant.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Sorry, the attempt at misdirecting is a waste of my time. Obama has inflated Wall Street through main street. That is what he has done. What was done before that is irrelevant.
Not irrelevant, but inconvenient when the sole idea is to score political points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies