Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 01:56 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Yes, it does. It transforms the outcome, to something you didn't want it to be. "Debt is not the reason" is different from "debt is not the only reason". There is more to it, than you find convenient to include because it doesn't help your cause.

Context is key.
You're still trying to argue another point. To point out progress though, you are staying on the same point; it's just not the one I made. Keep at it though.

Last edited by Rggr; 06-08-2012 at 02:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 02:48 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
President Obama: The truth of the matter is that, as I said, we created 4.3 million jobs over the last 27 months, over 800,000 just this year alone.

I guess the moral to this story is if you are going to lie, lie big. He should have said he created 35 million jobs.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There's an active drive for the states to sign people up for food stamps. If they hit a target then they get financially rewarded by the Fed Gov.

Upside down world....Uncle Sam rewards you for getting more people dependent on him.

Another good reason to eliminate all welfare.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The economy is certainly doing a lot more than just fine, .

Wow. I would hate to see you tell that to the millions of unemployed and underemployed. Or to the 47 million on food stamps.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
"The situation in Europe is not simply a debt crisis, you've got some countries, like Greece, that genuinely have spent more than they're bringing in." - President Obama
That statement clearly shows his genius, and reflects his Harvard education.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
And only a fool would stand there and say the economy is doing just fine. Only a fool would be proud to double the amount of people on food stamps. Only a fool would blame states cutting spending on any problems still out there.

Even you are showing your desperation in trying to defend this guy. Give it up already. You're making yourself look as bad as Obama does
If your a business person and own your own business, you do know how hard it truly is, if your being honest.

I know so many small businesses who are barely making it right now, times they say are so tough, but the thing is, not getting better, again, if your honest about it.

I heard today someone ahead of housing, that said housing criris could be down another 5 years, and up to 10. Which i surely hope is not the case, or i am selling now. And maybe my rentals too.

Truly things are not good at all right now, inspite what the administration thows at us, they are not batting 100.
I think the Dems are truly showing signs of fear, or either they are all cracked in the head.

These are not good times, no they are not, and Obama's vision of Hope n' Change, was merely sweet talking those very people, who are so easily swayed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies