Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 09:18 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,893,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
And your proof is where? All I see is a bunch of assumptions.
Charitable Giving Statistics | NPTrust

It's a good thing that nonexistent oversight came up with nonexistent data for your nonexistent proof.
Read and weep ... (above ... with links)
The business of marketing communications is where I spent a good part of my professional years ... also journalism. I know the businesses of fundraising and other kinds of promotions well.

Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 09:32 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Read and weep ... (above ... with links)
The business of marketing communications is where I spent a good part of my professional years ... also journalism. I know the businesses of fundraising and other kinds of promotions well.

Sorry.
So you draw that conclusion from giving, what, .00084507% as an example that they're all corrupt? Maybe you need to go back to school and learn about statistics.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
So you draw that conclusion from giving, what, .00084507% as an example that they're all corrupt? Maybe you need to go back to school and learn about statistics.
Please find where I said -- or even intimated -- "that they're all corrupt". [italics mine]. Get back to me when you have your report ready.

I said I can go on with more examples, but that I wouldn't ... and I won't ... suffice that you asked -- and you received.

Don't assume that my extreme distaste for organized religion equates to any lack of appreciation for spiritual wonder. But I assure you that organized religion is rife with fraud of great variety. And religion and fundraising together are dripping ripe for abuse. I do know a very great deal about the psychology of marketing and promoting and the type of people who love to live that live and leverage it very, uh, shall I say, very creatively. The field is a magnet for hucksters and con men.

Go pray, alone, in a field or on a mountain top if you truly wish to enjoin with the presence of the almighty.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:38 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,731,911 times
Quote:
Ah, predictable responses for the most part so far ...
Note: most non-profits provide exclusively community / public service that relieves government of cost burdens and add to societal advantage.

Churches serve very little in the way of those functions, if any for many, and focus on only very narrow membership groups. Catholic charities represent only a small portion of their budgets, for example. All the while collecting revenues for their own use.
I'm glad you have an insight into the finances of every parish and congregation in the country. The Catholic Church is closing parishes and schools because of a lack of revenue. Does it sound like they're swimming in cash?

Old 06-18-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
I'm glad you have an insight into the finances of every parish and congregation in the country. The Catholic Church is closing parishes and schools because of a lack of revenue. Does it sound like they're swimming in cash?
In the case of Catholic Charities, and the Catholic church, you can easily look it up ... there are numerous reports at your Google fingertips.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
What he said.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What he said.
What I said:
//www.city-data.com/forum/24790425-post223.html

Old 06-18-2012, 08:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Only if all "non-profits" including all those in the list I posted way back, have to pay taxes, too. No more tax breaks for the Humane Society, or the Bolder Boulder (which benefits only itself), high school booster clubs, etc.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:29 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,367,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Only if all "non-profits" including all those in the list I posted way back, have to pay taxes, too. No more tax breaks for the Humane Society, or the Bolder Boulder (which benefits only itself), high school booster clubs, etc.
This is the rock-solid argument that anti-religious bigots like Nuttela never get around to answering. They run from it like cowards, because the know it blows their boat out of the water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies