Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 10:35 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

The doctor lady who said this surely must be different in thinking than many of us who are not crazy about abortion for any reason. It appears to me that she really believes, as many liberals do, that humans have a right to play God when they feel the need. She doesn't work for Fox News so she has a right to believe like that but I question where they will stop at determining what fetuses are fair game. First I see that there is a possibility that some people are aborting fetuses according to sex and then that some doctors think it is scientific to abort certain others.

Nancy Snyderman, the chief medical editor of NBC’s Today Show, “explained to viewers that it’s just good science to abort an unborn child that may have a genetic disorder, explaining that testing for such conditions, ‘gives parents a chance to decide whether they’re going to continue that pregnancy or not. This is the science of today.’”

Killing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 11:44 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Why not just sterilize the welfare class and drug addicts instead of having them conceive and then killing their babies?

Old 06-09-2012, 11:48 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Why not just sterilize the welfare class and drug addicts instead of having them conceive and then killing their babies?
Right wing nutjobs have a fit when you talk about birth control.

Not all drug addicts need to be sterilized, I'm sure some are shooting blanks, look at Limbaugh.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Abortion is legal. Why people choose abortion is up to them, not you.
They have the FREEDOM TO CHOOSE.

You may be against it. You may not like it. But it's their choice to make, not yours.
When it happens to you, then you get to make that choice.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:28 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Well birthing babies with genetic disorders isn't exactly a positive. Depending on the problem it could mean certain death, a lifetime of care, a difficult and limited life and the possibility of birthing MORE babies with MORE genitic disorders.

This is the logical position but the choice isn't mine to make. If it was nobody else better be trying to tell me what I had to do.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:05 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Hey Roy, how many defective already born babies have you adopted?

It's none of your business what the decision of any woman is.

More big government involved in women's reproductive rights.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:13 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
What are we going to do when we run out of defective babies, start killing off global warming deniers? Would judgmental people know the difference?

Old 06-09-2012, 02:20 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
We got 7 billion resource sucking humans as it is, who cares if people choose to abort based on a scientific finding.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:28 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The doctor lady who said this surely must be different in thinking than many of us who are not crazy about abortion for any reason. It appears to me that she really believes, as many liberals do, that humans have a right to play God when they feel the need. She doesn't work for Fox News so she has a right to believe like that but I question where they will stop at determining what fetuses are fair game. First I see that there is a possibility that some people are aborting fetuses according to sex and then that some doctors think it is scientific to abort certain others.

Nancy Snyderman, the chief medical editor of NBC’s Today Show, “explained to viewers that it’s just good science to abort an unborn child that may have a genetic disorder, explaining that testing for such conditions, ‘gives parents a chance to decide whether they’re going to continue that pregnancy or not. This is the science of today.’”

Seems like a no win situation in as much as those who elect to terminate a fetus with a genetic malfunction are to be vilified for said choice and if they elect to carry the baby to term then ask the government for assistance in taking care of what could be a very expensive baby with many special needs that the parents cant afford they get vilified again,seems to me they cant win either way.
So terminating the pregnancy becomes the easier option

Old 06-09-2012, 03:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Right wing nutjobs have a fit when you talk about birth control.

Not all drug addicts need to be sterilized, I'm sure some are shooting blanks, look at Limbaugh.
Wouldn't it be nice if you had some idea about the topic of this thread? Of course, all you need to do is read the link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies