Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 07:06 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Don't worry, there isn't enough blacktop to coat the whole planet, they'll leave some insecticide coated "green zones" for us to play in.

Serious for a moment, if they don't do something soon we are going to lose our honey bees. My buddy has lost three batches to this hive collapse syndrome. Maybe the canary in the coal mine???
I read last week somewhere that Poland kicked out monsanto for that very reason, killing bees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 07:10 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Keep that head in the sand...
For what? The Earth moves, and has caused a shift, so much that the state of Florida has had to close an airport to change the runway heading.....

Old 06-09-2012, 07:10 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Ok, but are you saying we don't need scientists? That is what I usually read. Scientists around the world are overwhelmingly liberal. How do you feel about that?
Scientists should not inject their political agendas into their analyses.

Democrats making policy based on false or "doctored" examination of the elements or the structure of something, to be used as a basis for discussion or interpretation, make a mockery of science.

It is disturbing that decisions are made upon theories contrived by Liberal Scientists.

Liberal Scientists are not objective. They contribute to a political cause.

Planet of the apes 1 (1968) - Trailer - YouTube

Old 06-09-2012, 07:13 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,759,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
We do need scientists.

We don't need scientists studying useless stuff like what happened 200 million years ago or trying to guess what will happen 100 years in the future. Those guesses are useless.
Glad we have you to decide the scope and important questions in science.....

Old 06-09-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Keep that head in the sand...

You know, I really don't mind if some people want to stay ignorant. Most people are anyway. But the troubling thing is the American GOP wants ideological purity and absolute power in the most powerful country in the world. If they aspire to dominate the politics of the wealthiest, most powerful, and most technologically and scientifically advanced country on earth, they need to be willing to rise to the challenge. I see no evidence that is the case. It is like they want to fly the space shuttle, but have no interest (or respect) for the training and knowledge required to do the job. I cannot imagine it will end well.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:35 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Your rant has what to do with this article in the link?? Or did you not read it?

Old 06-09-2012, 07:38 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,378 times
Quote:
You know, I really don't mind if some people want to stay ignorant. Most people are anyway. But the troubling thing is the American GOP wants ideological purity and absolute power in the most powerful country in the world. If they aspire to dominate the politics of the wealthiest, most powerful, and most technologically and scientifically advanced country on earth, they need to be willing to rise to the challenge. I see no evidence that is the case. It is like they want to fly the space shuttle, but have no interest (or respect) for the training and knowledge required to do the job. I cannot imagine it will end well.
Obama killed government sponsored space travel.

One day a Liberal scientist will say that the world is heating up (global warming) and that everyone is going to die if we don't spend Billions of dollars to stop it.

The next day a Liberal scientist will say that the world is about to enter another ice age. We'd better do something to stop it.

Whatever.

Science is great when applied to medical research. It's great in most areas. But making political decisions based on theory is irresponsible.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:41 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
substitute DEMOCRATS for the GOP above, and there's no difference.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:14 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,962 times
You like spewing them lies, don't you?

Obama killed space travel? Seriously????

up here in NASA country, cleveland, Ohio, we know different. Bush called the end to the shuttle program, not Obama. The shuttle was way past due for retirement. So you know they only had parts to assemble two complete shuttles, for years. When one landed critical parts had to be removed, refurbished and placed on the shuttle in waiting.

FYI, manned flight will return.

But, don't let FACTS and reality get in the way of your lame talking points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post

One day a Liberal scientist will say that the world is heating up (global warming) and that everyone is going to die if we don't spend Billions of dollars to stop it.

The next day a Liberal scientist will say that the world is about to enter another ice age. We'd better do something to stop it.

Whatever.

Science is great when applied to medical research. It's great in most areas. But making political decisions based on theory is irresponsible.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post

Whatever.

I don't think that warning people of the consequences of current practices is inherently political. It is made so by people who think they will lose money by changing the status quo. The status quo is destroying species that took millions of years to evolve. That is a fact. Inconvenient as it may be. That is the whole point of the article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies