Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 12:49 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,263,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Oh I'm definately anit bush. The man is an evil moron.

I will tell you how to fix SS..........Have priorties in order. The trillion, billions that we are spending on this war with NO justification should be stopped NOW.

Bush has made a total mess of things in every area of our country. Some people are too stupid to see this.

You would think after 7 years of of the bush administration, this would be apparent.
Social Security was well into it's death-spiral before the Iraq War.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 12:51 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,672,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
Social Security was well into it's death-spiral before the Iraq War.
Don't blame her too much. She obviously had a knee-jerk reaction without thinking it through.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:57 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,947,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Thank you - you might take a look at my post (Number 8)

BTW, I withdrew from the Social Security system years ago - I have not paid into it for over 20 years. I can never get Social Security, Medicare, SSI etc

And personally, I have never been happier - I am so much farther ahead than if I had "stayed in" -
How did you withdraw from that heinous system? Social Security workers have told me that i couldn't.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Well I'll be..............

That son of bxxxxh doesn't care one iota about the people. Veto childrens health care and take away from seniors.

Is this guy for real. He boost spending for a war that very few americans wanted.
he should have been impeached right then and there.

Anyone that voted for his and is sorry, GOOD. Some did it twice??????
Suffer

Too bad the rest of us have to suffer too. 208 is still a long way off.

And if you elect a republican, you can be sure it will not be much better.
They may just want social security cut as well.

So think about it and use your own brain and not someone elses.
They could start by denying payments to immigrants who have only worked here in the UNited States part of their lives. When they start to draw, they do so based on the years that they worked. Since their social security rewards are low, they qualify for the SSI gravy train, and then FREE Medicare, Rx, etc. This is unfair for Americans who have worked ALL of their lives here and don't qualify for the freebies. I say to the Gov't, give me back ALL of the $$$ that you've robbed from me and let me take care of myelf!

Old 09-24-2007, 01:04 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,672,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
They could start by denying payments to immigrants who have only worked here in the UNited States part of their lives. When they start to draw, they do so based on the years that they worked. Since their social security rewards are low, they qualify for the SSI gravy train, and then FREE Medicare, Rx, etc. This is unfair for Americans who have worked ALL of their lives here and don't qualify for the freebies. I say to the Gov't, give me back ALL of the $$$ that you've robbed from me and let me take care of myelf!
Preach on it!!!

Old 09-24-2007, 01:04 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,168,834 times
Quote:
How did you withdraw from that heinous system? Social Security workers have told me that i couldn't.
Oh, they make it real, real hard.

Again, this was 20 + years ago - I filed a "CO" (conscientious objector) status. I had to go to SS – IRS gave me a hard time for a while – but eventually, I got all the money I had paid into the system back.

I started investing a similar percentage of my income as would have been withheld / paid into the system (I’m self employed) – and boy, am I farther ahead. Additionally, whatever is left over when I die, I can pass on to my heirs – you can’t do that with SS

Old 09-24-2007, 01:10 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,823,092 times
Quote:
Well I'll be..............

That son of bxxxxh doesn't care one iota about the people. Veto childrens health care and take away from seniors.

Is this guy for real. He boost spending for a war that very few americans wanted.
he should have been impeached right then and there.

Anyone that voted for his and is sorry, GOOD. Some did it twice??????
Suffer

Too bad the rest of us have to suffer too. 208 is still a long way off.

And if you elect a republican, you can be sure it will not be much better.
They may just want social security cut as well.

So think about it and use your own brain and not someone elses.
Oh please. This is a total FLAMMING POST, no substanciation to this post, no news article or report to back it up.

I am sorry I said "post". This is a rant from the far left. Pitiful, if you ask any sensible person.

What a lot of bull.... "waste".

Old 09-24-2007, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,173 times
Default Bush Rocks

I'D VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN! At least our beloved leader had the ball's to stand up for what he believed in when our country was in it's darkest hour. He did what he believed was best for us as a majority. This is a democracy we live in you know! I say he should have nuked IRAQ and anyone else that threatens our country. Why do we have all those nuclear weapons if we aren't going to use them? They get all those virgins anyways when they die. So lets help em out! We get what we want, a peaceful country unthreatened by terrorism, and they get their virgins. Sounds like a hell of a deal to me. If you don't like this country leave! We are too passive and that makes us weak. This country and it's freedoms were built on blood, tears, and sweat. The majority has always stood up for what it believed in and prevailed and if the minority cries loud enough the majority tries to be understanding and listen. If you disagree as a minority in IRAQ they'll cut your freakin head off. Is that the kind of country you wan't one that supports evil and terrorism? I don't think you do. I damn sure don't! We had better be proud and not take for granted the freedoms we have in this country. We better support our president because he is our president whether we voted for him or not. Everyone in this country supports something universal. We support the freedom that our fore fathers died for and that our brave soldiers continue to die for. Our country is not perfect nor is anyone in it but it is still the greatest country on earth! I like the old saying if you don't have anything nice to say. How about not saying anything at all. I love my country and my leader. President Bush has done an excellent job considering what he has had to work with. To bomb a country leaves a lot of blood on your hands. I guess that's why he chose not to bomb IRAQ. He chose to try and help them rebuild their country which is not working out. I guess he's got a little liberal in him too! A bleeding heart for the people of IRAQ. Well, he's a lot more caring than I would have been as the president. Who knows, maybe our new president will blow IRAQ off the map. Problem solved. The bleeding hearts will get over it just like they did when Japan was bombed so many years ago. Hey, were best friends with Japan now. It is a tragic thing what happened there but consider the alternative. Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do to continue living a free life.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:34 PM

5,161 posts, read 11,410,247 times
Quote:
As far as I know, the only way you can "withdraw" from the SS system is if you do not declare your income. Everyone that is employed has to pay into SS and those that own their own business, also have to.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:35 PM

[quote=Nirvana-Guy;1568918]Oh please. This is a total FLAMMING POST, no substanciation to this post, no news article or report to back it up.

I am sorry I said "post". This is a rant from the far left. Pitiful, if you ask any sensible person.

What a lot of bull....

No, in fact, it's breaking news from ms.nbc, read on.....................

Breaking story

Updated: 10:08 a.m. PT Sept 24, 2007
WASHINGTON - The Bush administration said Monday the only way to permanently fix Social Security is through some combination of benefit cuts and tax increases.

Moderator cut: do not repost copyrighted articles

Last edited by Yac; 12-13-2007 at 05:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies