Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2012, 04:25 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
Please tell us what harm you are referring to.
I've mentioned them several times (whether in this thread or others, I've lost track). So have other posters. If you can't find the posts yourself, I am not going to repeat myself for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 04:34 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,848,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I've mentioned them several times (whether in this thread or others, I've lost track). So have other posters. If you can't find the posts yourself, I am not going to repeat myself for you.
No, I've looked and I've looked and either it was mentioned just in passing and I haven't found it yet or you're being evasive and avoiding answering the question entirely because, you know, there's NO harm to anyone what two people you don't even know do in private. I suspect the latter.

Now, PLEASE spell out for all of us WHAT EXACTLY YOU THINK IS HARMFUL TO SOCIETY about gay people.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:02 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
And you folks think that is ALL it's about...In this case, I suggest you read the title of this thread more slowly.
"Teaching homosexual "normalcy" to impressionable young children."

Read this real slow and tell me where it says sex education,
What it does say is "Homosexual normalcy" which would be a social issue.
All I said is educate the children to read and let them form their own individual opinions, simple, no insults and no harm in it.Just let kids grow up as kids, let them enjoy being a child, they will ask questions when they want to know.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:04 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
shouldn't they be learning about like how to add and verbs and such? not about sex

Old 06-10-2012, 05:14 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
"Teaching homosexual "normalcy" to impressionable young children."

Read this real slow and tell me where it says sex education,
What it does say is "Homosexual normalcy" which would be a social issue.
All I said is educate the children to read and let them form their own individual opinions, simple, no insults and no harm in it.Just let kids grow up as kids, let them enjoy being a child, they will ask questions when they want to know.
Human sexuality IS a social issue...Here it is part of the education of normal human sexuality taught in our schools...If you want to argue semantics or just for the sake of arguing, I'm not going to bite.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:25 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puggal View Post
Nah, Caleb's moms are perfectly happy with their lives. Bet that just froths you up, doesn't it?
Caleb doesn't have"moms", he has a mom and mom has a friend. Personally I couldn't care less as long as no one is trying to indoctrinate my child with the idea that this is "normal".

My kid, my values. Your kid... well teach them any damn thing you believe in.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:30 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
New U.S. government stats reveal that teen births are up for the second year in a row...Why?

All they had to do was ask a Canadian. Despite Canadian and American women aged 15 to 44 declaring that they want the same number of kids (about 2.2), American women end up having 2.09 and Canadian women have about 1.6, and 30 per cent of that difference is due to teen births in the U.S., almost 90 per cent of which are unwanted.

The difference is not solely due to the ethnic composition of the U.S. population: the white population also has higher birth rates than other countries.

And it's not due to a higher abortion rate in Canada. In fact, unwanted pregnancies and births are more frequent in the U.S., as is the use of abortion.

No, the main reason is that Canadian teens of all social classes get comprehensive information about contraception and about how to avoid unwanted pregnancies. They get more sex ed in school, and can access high-school-based family planning counselling though the nurse. They can also always access universally free medical services, including visiting family doctor and special health clinics. And at all levels, there's a more positive attitude towards the pill, and either cheap or free prescriptions for it. The Tyee – Canada on Top in Sex Ed

Kids are taught that homosexuality does not make a person inferior beginning in grade 8....

Old 06-10-2012, 05:37 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
(to OzzyRules) No, I've looked and I've looked and either it was mentioned just in passing and I haven't found it yet or you're being evasive and avoiding answering the question entirely because, you know, there's NO harm to anyone what two people you don't even know do in private. I suspect the latter.

Now, PLEASE spell out for all of us WHAT EXACTLY YOU THINK IS HARMFUL TO SOCIETY about gay people.
I don't even have to look and I know that no one has pointed out something harmful about homosexuality in and of itself, because no such thing exists. While I do believe (generally speaking) what two adults do in private can affect society in subtle, indirect ways, no such way has been pointing out in regards to homosexuality either.

Ultimately, their strongest argument will forever be "An invisible, inaudible, intangible man says it's wrong".

Old 06-10-2012, 05:39 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I am really glad my boys grew up before 2000. They learned about homosexuality the way most boys have always learned about sex which may have been bad ...
So they learned about homosexuality in the back seat of a car on a warm summer night? Ohhh, that *is* bad. Sorry to hear about that!

Old 06-10-2012, 05:42 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,848,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Ultimately, their strongest argument will forever be "An invisible, inaudible, intangible man says it's wrong".
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies