Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 07:41 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
a new frontier for the lawyers, eharmony. i met a total stranger and had sex with him 1st date. i read his profile on eharmony the company says we are a perfect match. .
now i have herpes, so where is my check.
And if she was going to have a quickie hook-up with him until she found out he has herpes, maybe he could have sued her for discrimination.

After all, why should only certain guys get to enjoy sex with a stranger without a condom while the unfortunate who have some disease are not allowed that special feeling of condom-less sex? Now it's okay to treat people like lepers?

I think we need more tolerance and understanding in this society.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:32 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's discrimination. Almost as bad as refusing to date people of the same sex or different race.
I can only hope you are trolling.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:49 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Was she raped?

Open your legs and take your chances.

At what point does she become accountable.
From a previous poster and the article:

Quote:
The court did find her 25% accountable for the situation. Had you read more, you'd have known this. The court also found the guy 75% accountable. Quite frankly, I'm surprised there aren't more lawsuits like this.
She was held accountable for 25% of what went down.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:31 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Was she raped?

Open your legs and take your chances.

At what point does she become accountable.
Exactly.
Condom or no condom, every time you have sex with someone, you accept the risk of pregnancy and stds.

The fact that there has been a settlement awarded is totally ridiculous.

You can get herpes with a condom on...this is a big DUH moment.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And if she was going to have a quickie hook-up with him until she found out he has herpes, maybe he could have sued her for discrimination.

After all, why should only certain guys get to enjoy sex with a stranger without a condom while the unfortunate who have some disease are not allowed that special feeling of condom-less sex? Now it's okay to treat people like lepers?

I think we need more tolerance and understanding in this society.
no we just need less dirt bags.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:24 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Exactly.
Condom or no condom, every time you have sex with someone, you accept the risk of pregnancy and stds.

The fact that there has been a settlement awarded is totally ridiculous.

You can get herpes with a condom on...this is a big DUH moment.
If material information is witheld from you, it changes your ability to come to a proper decision on the matter.

Imagine that I'm going to take you on a plane ride, you know that the plane could possibly crash. However, it's been having engine trouble and I'm not telling you because I want the $$$ from you.

I guess that's your fault and not mine because everyone knows a plane can crash....it's just in this case the odds were MUCH higher of a plane crash and that information was witheld from you.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:57 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If material information is witheld from you, it changes your ability to come to a proper decision on the matter.

Imagine that I'm going to take you on a plane ride, you know that the plane could possibly crash. However, it's been having engine trouble and I'm not telling you because I want the $$$ from you.

I guess that's your fault and not mine because everyone knows a plane can crash....it's just in this case the odds were MUCH higher of a plane crash and that information was witheld from you.
Did she ask him?

I would ask you if the plane had been serviced, was safe, etc.
If you didn't tell me then...maybe we would have an issue.
My problem is people wanting to sue for every stupid decision they make.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:19 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You wouldn't date someone with cold sores? Wow. How would you know that they have herpes or cold sores if they didn't tell you? Most people don't have outbreaks very often, and some people carry the virus and don't have outbreaks at all.
This! Cold sore sufferers have Herpes! Type 1. If a cold sore suffer (of which there are millions) erm, 'goes down' on someone they can infect that person with a case of genital herpes. But usually don't. Cold sore suffers feel absolutely zero compunction to inform potential mates of their HSV (herpes simplex virus) status. Zero. Genital herpes is cold sores... lower down. I'd much rather have a cold sore where no one else can see it... An earlier poster said the dentist should do jail time. I agree. This is how we punish criminals. If he was a fast food worker he couldn't be found guilty in a 900K judgement. Fast food workers give women Type 1 (cold sore) and Type 2 (genital) herpes all the time. To little public fanfare. I was listening to OPB on this very subject. A case was mentioned in which a woman was made permanently incontinent due to a doctors negligence. Her award was $150K. Then the question was asked: which would you would rather be: incontinent or herpetic... ...

H

Old 06-12-2012, 05:30 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
She was held accountable for 25% of what went down.
And? I guess you didn't hear about ?? Martinez who died during a kinky three-way sexcapade with a male friend and a woman (not his wife). His wife (widow) sued his doctor saying he should have done more to prevent her husbands death. The jury found Martinez 40% responsible for his own demise. Small comfort. The doctor is on the hook for 3 Million dollars! I'll bet the good doctor is barely comforted by the fact that the award could have been higher had Martinez been found only 25% negligent.

H

Old 07-06-2012, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 726 times
It's crazy how many women have herpes, im glad im not dating anymore.I feel sorry for the young people
today.Check out this video scary stuff !

replace the (dot) with a . to watch the video
http://youtu(dot)be/XPgfQLFdMpA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies