Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:41 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,158,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
I notice under your name you have "Christian Conservative".

That's a mighty Christian thing of you to say, sir.

The hypocrisy meter is beginning to burst into flames.
Berkshires, it saddens me that millions of Christian, Muslim and Jewish spiritual people have to bear the burden of their associated fringe types whom base the premise of their hate upon a few lines of text from the greater works that hope to instill spiritual enlightenment. Truly sad indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 08:05 PM

195 posts, read 230,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
I say grab him while he is waltzing around in NYC, arrest him, charge him with all his crimes (terrorism, funding of terror organization, conspiracy to murder US troops), send him to Guantanamo and cut off his balls (if he has any).

This guy is a disgrace. How can we have terrorists and individuals responsible for arming Iraqi terrorists , saying publicaly he is going to destroy Israel, saying the US will get a "surprise" in October, and for all his contributions to the murder of US troops - walking freely within our country??
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!! I like your style Nirvana Guy! My suggestion would have been to take this sleeze to Gitmo, and hang him by his scrawny, filthy, dirty rotten bastard neck. But, I have to admit, yours is much better! I think he has no balls, or else I would have called for hanging him by them.

But anyway, here we are talking about a ring leader of the hostage takeover crisis of the US embassy in Iran under the Carter administration. Nothing can be too bad to do to him, it's all fine by me.The worse the better.

We are after all, speaking of a heinous dictator, who is on par with Hitler. He is a guy who has admitted that his aim is to wipe Israel off the face of the world, and kill as many Americans as possible as well. Why are we not taking this thug out as we did Saddam?!!

Last edited by my2kidsmom; 09-24-2007 at 08:57 PM..

Old 09-24-2007, 09:02 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,262,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
ahh, yes.

Witch hunts are always important things, aren't they?

It is almost October. Halloween is near.

BOO!
No witch hunt needed. The warlock is here.

And he's real.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:10 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,367,674 times
As a homosexual myself, I took great offense to Ahmudinejad's comments about there being "no homosexuals in Iran." Why? Is it because he is in intense denial that homosexuals exist within his nation's boundaries, or is it because he had them "taken care of?" It's such a shame to see that not only are there people in this world capable of making such hateful comments, but also that there are those who support them.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:50 PM

1,526 posts, read 5,593,817 times
Yes, in these regimes the "enemies" are typically, in no particular order:

The artists
The intellectuals
The homosexuals
The Jews/blacks/whatever
Anyone who is not a mindless robot.

And of course, only a few decades ago we considered homosexuality a mental illness. So we're not that far ahead, in some ways, ourselves.

As odious as he may be, sad to say that Bush comes off even worse---esp in other parts of the world, including Western Europe.

I'm glad he was allowed to speak. Most of it was canned propaganda and double talk--much like his arch enemy, GWB.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:54 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,445,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
As a homosexual myself, I took great offense to Ahmudinejad's comments about there being "no homosexuals in Iran." Why? Is it because he is in intense denial that homosexuals exist within his nation's boundaries, or is it because he had them "taken care of?" It's such a shame to see that not only are there people in this world capable of making such hateful comments, but also that there are those who support them.

This is one of the most amazing entries (R rated) in Wikipedia:
Pederasty in the Middle East and Central Asia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To the extent that there came about an extreme separation of the sexes due to the triumph of (Shiite) Islam in Persia, and as the affluence of the nation increased afterward, there was a quandary among the male elites about how to deal with the situation. Poetry was written about the young male "wine pourer" servants, etc. The existence of the traveling "dancing boy" performances (dressed like girls or young women) was documented across Central Asia into the early 20th century.
Image:Samarkand A group of musicians playing for a bacha dancing boy.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://tinyurl.com/2wcjwt - broken link)

Last edited by ParkTwain; 09-24-2007 at 10:12 PM..

Old 09-24-2007, 10:26 PM

20,250 posts, read 19,818,440 times
Better to entertain the sane leader of an open, Islamic Theocracy than some scary speaker for the Minutemen. Let's get our boogeymen straight here.

I'm shocked that NOW and GLAAD members and their political kindred spirits didn't rush the stage and shut Ahmadinejad down. The free exchange of all ideas still lives on campus. Celebrate diversity.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:45 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,510,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
No witch hunt needed. The warlock is here.

And he's real.
hmmm, do tell.

Share the fantasy.

Is this some more of the childhood cowboys and bad guys stuff?

Does not matter how screwed up we may be, if we can find someone we claim is a more badly evil-doer -- it then makes us good guys -- at least in our own mind?

Old 09-24-2007, 10:57 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,403,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
I notice under your name you have "Christian Conservative".

That's a mighty Christian thing of you to say, sir.

The hypocrisy meter is beginning to burst into flames.
Christian Conservative is an oxymoron. One cannot have it both ways without denying Christ. The fundamentalist religion represents a small but vocal minority. They like to scream persecution when their true colors are shown. This is why I avoid megachurches and conservative denominations/churches.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:44 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,395,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
he has them stoned to death for being what they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies