Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 11:56 PM

20,242 posts, read 19,808,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
he has them stoned to death for being what they are.
They're also hung from cranes. I've seen the photos. Really sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 07:17 AM

32,606 posts, read 77,350,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
They're also hung from cranes. I've seen the photos. Really sad.
Wow. I'm surprised there's no public outcry over this. It reminds me of the Holocaust when millions of non-Nazi Europeans idly stood by and watched as 6,000,000 of their Jewish neighbors were executed. It truly is sad to see such hatred still existing in the world today.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:40 AM

223 posts, read 602,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
I notice under your name you have "Christian Conservative".

That's a mighty Christian thing of you to say, sir.

The hypocrisy meter is beginning to burst into flames.
Oh, the hypocrisy runs thick with these wackos...believe me.

WWJD? Why, he would cut the balls off of people he hates and fears!...and bomb them!

Old 09-25-2007, 09:25 AM

20,170 posts, read 24,256,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
hmmm, do tell.

Share the fantasy.

Is this some more of the childhood cowboys and bad guys stuff?

Does not matter how screwed up we may be, if we can find someone we claim is a more badly evil-doer -- it then makes us good guys -- at least in our own mind?
Speaking of fantasies...what in the world are you trying to say?

That it's all (gasp) relative? My, my, my. How innovative. How out-of-the-boxish.

How......jejeune.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:41 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,155,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Yeah, right...........
Neturei Karta: Iranians making logical claim / Neta Sela

Haredi Jews who attended Holocaust conference in Tehran express support for Ahmadinejad's ideas. According to their representative in Jerusalem: Iran's goal isn't to exterminate Israel, but to take action against Zionism. Holocaust survivor and former chief rabbi of Israel, Rav Israel Lau outraged: This is something intelligence can't tolerate

Members of New York's Jewish community have been called upon to sever all contact with the "traitors," to ban them from synagogues, refuse to give them employment and bar them from entering Jewish-owned shops.

A mass protest will be held on Sunday outside the offices of Neturei Karta in the Monsey neighborhood of the city.

"Neturei Karta crackpots are traitors to the Jews for helping Iranian Hitler-imitator Ahmadinejad who is planning to wipe Israel off the map with nuclear weapons," read a statement posted on the website.

Collaborating with the killers of Jews'

"Now in response 'Operation Screwball' has been initiated to help wreck & ruin these self-haters, and Jewish traitors out of Monsey. I am sure Iran will welcome them with open arms" the statement continued.

"'Operation Screwball' will legally bring to the attention of the Orthodox Jewish community that a group exists in their midst, claiming to represent them, that collaborates with the killers of Jews in direct violation of every precept in the Torah!

"Orthodox Rabbis from across the spectrum has condemned this evil group who are religious fakers. We will also bring to the attention of Neturei Karta that the days during which their antics went undisturbed have come to an abrupt end," it concluded.
Hey there now, you only mentioned in the main topic headline that Ahmadinejad had Jewish friends, you didn't specify for most gentiles who don't realize just how many diverse views within Judaism there are.

These guys definitely look like they are fake Jews

Now I can certainly see how this may upset some Jews who disagree with the Neturei Karta, but instead of engaging their beliefs in strict and literal Torah interpretations, the response is to crush their fellow Jews who disagree with their point of view by denying them employment, the ability to shop, etc... I would hate to see what kind of retribution a mere gentile might receive if he or here were so inclined to disagree with their views...oy vey!

Old 09-25-2007, 09:50 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,136,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Now I can certainly see how this may upset some Jews who disagree with the Neturei Karta, but instead of engaging their beliefs in strict and literal Torah interpretations, the response is to crush their fellow Jews who disagree with their point of view by denying them employment, the ability to shop, etc... I would hate to see what kind of retribution a mere gentile might receive if he or here were so inclined to disagree with their views...oy vey!
My observation about Israel has always been that the Arabs are the only thing holding it together. They serve as a sufficient threat uniting the various factions.

If total peace were to break out with love, sharing and trade with all of their Arab neighbors, Israel would probably have a lot of internal strife.

However, I'm certain that Syria, Iran and others will provide plenty of fodder to retain a strong Israel.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:05 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,155,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
My observation about Israel has always been that the Arabs are the only thing holding it together. They serve as a sufficient threat uniting the various factions.

If total peace were to break out with love, sharing and trade with all of their Arab neighbors, Israel would probably have a lot of internal strife.

However, I'm certain that Syria, Iran and others will provide plenty of fodder to retain a strong Israel.
This is an excellent point and one that I was discussing with OnTheRoad in the AIPAC thread about. Collectivism brought through a shared societal victimization that promotes solidarity of a given group. Be they Jewish, African-American, women, or whatever. There have been some extensive writings about this from various Jewish and Gentile scholars, but it is a difficult subject to talk about without it being hijacked by those prejudiced with preconception and closed minds.

Kudo's

Old 09-25-2007, 10:10 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,136,888 times
Quote:
This is an excellent point and one that I was discussing with OnTheRoad in the AIPAC thread about. Collectivism brought through a shared societal victimization that promotes solidarity of a given group. Be they Jewish, African-American, women, or whatever. There have been some extensive writings about this from various Jewish and Gentile scholars, but it is a difficult subject to talk about without it being hijacked by those prejudiced with preconception and closed minds.

Kudo's
Thanks, in fairness to those finding it difficult to discuss they have some decent reasons too. Many times I see discussions starting out about Israel, then evolving to neocons, then that both political parties are controlled by a single group, and then I wait for the Henry Kissinger and Trilateral Commission/Elders of Zion conspiracy stuff. So I have some sympathy for those not wishing to go down that path.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:11 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,133,198 times
I listened to this guy talking.. and I seriously could not stop laughing. The voice over woman was...... I don't know of a good way to put this.

"politicians looking for atomic bombs are backward and retarded"

Tommy and Rumble (of FM99) were calling him "Ah-ma-dousche-bag" this morning. At which point, I was glad I was stuck in traffic (accident .5 miles ahead blocking 3 out of 4 lanes... during rush hour..)

Old 09-25-2007, 10:15 AM

20,170 posts, read 24,256,631 times
Quote:
Hey there now, you only mentioned in the main topic headline that Ahmadinejad had Jewish friends, you didn't specify for most gentiles who don't realize just how many diverse views within Judaism there are.

These guys definitely look like they are fake Jews

Yeah, they look like real Jews all right. And on Hallowe'en I look like the real Dracula.

Your point? Other than that you are trying top pass off a tiny splinter group as representative of some substantive opinion?

Or are you simply trying to slyly mock non-Christians? Hey, go for it.

If the sheet fits, wear it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies