Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 01:33 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,446,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2kidsmom View Post
Bollinger did what Bush could and would not do: He publicly humiliated this disgusting, cruel dictator. He made a fool of him before the entire world. He used the platform of the liberal elite establishment at an Ivy League University, Columbia, to destroy Ahmadinejad's reputation before the entire world. And I love it!

Where did you get the idea that Ahmadinejad is a dictator? Ever heard of the "Supreme Leader" of Iran? Ahmadinejad is not the Supreme Leader.
Supreme Leader of Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To refer to Saddam Hussein as a dictator would be a lot more accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 01:35 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,264,523 times
I think it's safe to say that Mahmoud is a dictator -- only with a small dic.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:36 PM

68,297 posts, read 54,132,753 times
Quote:
I was at first totally appauled by this filthy, rotten bastard going to Columbia to speak. I was appalled that they would have him. But, I now have to say "Thank God for Bollinger!! The man's a hero! Who knew he had stones of steel like this?!"

Bollinger did what Bush could and would not do: He publicly humiliated this disgusting, cruel dictator. He made a fool of him before the entire world. He used the platform of the liberal elite establishment at an Ivy League University, Columbia, to destroy Ahmadinejad's reputation before the entire world. And I love it!

Exactly why it made much more sense to let Ahmanutjob to publicly display who/what he is than to attempt to keep him under wraps.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:38 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,071,394 times
I do think that President Bolinger had his plan, and succeeded.

And to call out Columbia University for attempting and succeeding in bringing to light the thoughts of Iran's President is rather nonsensical to say the very least.

If we call ourselves a free country, and a union for speaking out against and for issues--what better way that to invite the adversary to show his or her spots.

Quote:
I was at first totally appauled by this filthy, rotten bastard going to Columbia to speak. I was appalled that they would have him. But, I now have to say "Thank God for Bollinger!! The man's a hero! Who knew he had stones of steel like this?!"

Old 09-25-2007, 01:39 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,071,394 times
An elected dic......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I think it's safe to say that Mahmoud is a dictator -- only with a small dic.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:42 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,264,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
An elected dic......
Boy, there's a lot of them!

(Hey, I dig your handle. 50th anniversary edition, and all! )

Old 09-25-2007, 04:00 PM

180 posts, read 266,498 times
Man, I thought this thread was gonna be something about sex and prostitutes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies