Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 08:12 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Let's see, if this happened to this guy that makes a total of what, one documented case?

Time for a Congressional and FBI investigation!
No, there are several documented cases. We have a previous thread on this topic where it has been discussed and other examples given. But, it is good to see the far left holding to their values in their war against free speech and the 1st Amendment. You must make Obama proud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 08:34 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You think it's a prank when police show up at your home with guns drawn because they think a person is inside who just shot someone? There's a jackass here but it isn't the criminal who dialed 911.
It's not funny, it is ludicrist, however,
all conservatives are not like this...geeze louise...your blaming a whole group of people for the actions of several looney tunes????????

Old 06-12-2012, 08:38 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
A conservative BLOGGER?!?

You think the FBI should go after someone who pretended to be a blogger?

How is this person so important?

Can I get the FBI to go after my neighbor's kids who make barking sounds when they pass my house to get my dogs to bark?

I think that is just as important, if not moreso, as 'swatting' a blogger!

Old 06-12-2012, 08:47 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
This is a case where it easily could have resulted in someone getting hurt or worse. I would say no different than calling in a bomb threat at the very least.

Swat shows up and raids the house. Owner is middle aged and has a heart attack. Still funny to you libs calling it no big deal?

What if wjite supremists were playing this (PRANK) on black men in thier early 20's? Still funny? Still no big deal?
The hardliners on this forum are as predictable as the hands on a clock.
Everything is based on party lines. Its sad really.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:50 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
So every time a rightwinger does something crazy, I assume I have license to blame it on ALL conservatives. Got ya.
This is a previously convicted domestic terrorist who currently receives funding from the likes of George Soros (via his TIDES Foundation), Teresa Heinz-Kerry (wife of sitting Democrat US Senator), Barbara Streisand, and other political/celebrity far left 1%ers.

Read the previous thread(s) and educate yourself. //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-bloggers.html

Old 06-12-2012, 09:23 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
This is a previously convicted domestic terrorist who currently receives funding from the likes of George Soros (via his TIDES Foundation), Teresa Heinz-Kerry (wife of sitting Democrat US Senator), Barbara Streisand, and other political/celebrity far left 1%ers.

Read the previous thread(s) and educate yourself. //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-bloggers.html
If someone is trying to terroize bloggers into silence s/he isn't doing a very good job.

I find this statement of the guy's complaint ludicrous:

only the FBI has the technical resources to be able to trace the call Is he for real? This isn't 1960. 911 calls CAN be traced, even those made from cell phones can be traced to the nearest cell tower.

Cell towers can help prevent 911 mix-ups | HeraldTribune.com

Teresa Heinz-Kerry's first husband, also a US senator, was a Republican.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:49 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Why the need for a letter? The FBI is well aware of these types of crimes and has and does investigate them:

FBI — The New Phenomenon of Swatting

FBI — Individual Pleads Guilty in Swatting Conspiracy Case

"Matthew Weigman...pled guilty in federal court on Tuesday...to a two-count superseding information relating to his involvement in a swatting conspiracy...The case is being investigated by the FBI and prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Candy Heath... the government and Weigman have agreed that a specific sentence of not more than 156 months (13 years) incarceration"

FBI: Nationwide trend of 'swatting' both dangerous and costly - Chicago Homeland Security | Examiner.com

"The FBI grown increasingly concerned about the number of prank calls to police that warrant mobilizing SWAT teams to respond to hostage situations, which pose a very real threat to citizens and law enforcement officers and on average, each prank call cost $10,000 in resources.

The FBI has put together a profile of the average swatter, who is described as typically a young males (sic), in their 20's and 30's, most are computer hackers working alone or in groups. The motive is often revenge or ego rather than monetary gain.

Swatters face federal charges of conspiracy, which carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison, and fraud, with a maximum of 20 years - if convicted...Currently, the FBI says the agency is tracking about 100 similar cases nationwide."

Police: Swatting becoming a real problem across metro | www.wsbtv.com

Last edited by hammertime33; 06-12-2012 at 10:02 AM..

Old 06-12-2012, 02:45 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
The FBI has put together a profile of the average swatter, who is described as typically a young males (sic), in their 20's and 30's, most are computer hackers working alone or in groups. The motive is often revenge or ego rather than monetary gain.
Obviously not very good hackers if they did not know their phone number was recorded the instant they made a connection with the 911 operator.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:50 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
So every time a rightwinger does something crazy, I assume I have license to blame it on ALL conservatives. Got ya.

why not, after all, obama still blames bush for his presidency.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:59 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The left looney tunes are now doing something very dangerous to silence opposing opinion. They are calling 911 and reporting a shooting at conservative blogger's home pretending to be them. It's called swatting because of the amount of police that show up with guns.

For this 911 call supposedly from Erick Erikson (Red State) the caller acting like he was Erick said he shot his wife, she was dead on the floor and he was going off to shoot someone else.

You can listen to the 911 call yourself. There's a link to it in the article.

"Senator Saxby Chambliss (R-GA) asked the Attorney General to get the FBI to look into the matter. It’s clear the incident happened across state lines and also that only the FBI has the technical resources to be able to trace the call...80 Members of the United States House of Representatives are also sending a letter to Attorney General Holder asking for an investigation "

The 911 Call and 80+ Members of Congress | RedState

Not a single Democrat among the 80 and where the heck are the rest of the Republicans? My Rep isn't there and he's going to hear from me.
My rep isn't there either but the two from Kansas that are there are working on the election and mine doesn't operate that way. Too many times he has been alone on too many things and he does fight the establishment that includes many who are not on there either. Rep. Huelskamp just doesn't go along to get along with anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies