Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 01:32 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yes, do go back to change the goal posts.

You weren't arguing against unlimited numbers. YOU were arguing that the LIMIT was 2500 units. Do go back and check yourself. That's what people were telling you was wrong with your argument. That it wasn't limited to 2500 units, that more units could be ordered and would be INCLUDED in the $16,500,000 contract. YOU SAID if more units were ordered, that it would be in ADDITION to the $16,500,000 contract. WE SAID YOU WERE WRONG. AND YOU WERE. WRONG.

Patiently awaiting apology? Man up, sir!
ooh please.. I guess when i said we should just order 10 BILLION of them, you thought I was being serious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Again, why stop at 35,000 kindles? If there is no additiional cost for additional Kindles, why not order 10 BILLION of them?

Quote:
with no restrictions placed on additional Kindles.
No restrictions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 01:35 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
ooh please.. I guess when i said we should just order 10 BILLION of them, you thought I was being serious.

No restrictions?
Oh, I'm sorry (apology), the restriction was a maximum of 35,000 Kindles. I would also point out that my comment referenced the J & A you linked to, which doesn't show any restrictions. But I'll apologize for my error, anyway.

Now, where is your apology for insisting the maximum was 2500 Kindles? And for all the associated insults you included in your posts, attacking people's math skills, and research skills, and just plain intelligence.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:47 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry (apology), the restriction was a maximum of 35,000 Kindles. I would also point out that my comment referenced the J & A you linked to, which doesn't show any restrictions. But I'll apologize for my error, anyway.
Do we need to go back to when I started pointing out what the inital contract was for?
Quote:
"The Contractor shall provide a content distribution and management platform to centrally manage an unlimited number of e-reader/tablet devices."
Clearly I've been arguing that its not an unlimited numbers.
Quote:
Now, where is your apology for insisting the maximum was 2500 Kindles?
I said it wasnt for a maximum of 2,500 units
Quote:
I know its not an order for 2,500 units, never said so. I said the additional units werent included IN THIS CONTRACT..
Well I'm wrong they are in this contract, thats because as you go down the road, they dont get the 5 years of service either. Essentially they are swapping payment for kindles, for a lack of a year of support.
Quote:
And for all the associated insults you included in your posts, attacking people's math skills, and research skills, and just plain intelligence.
I didnt once do that, I posted the math, it was history attacking peoples skills, but you dont have a problem with him doing that.. odd..

And the math I posted was correct, 35,000 units / $16,500,000 / 5 years = $94.29 each, per year, which is what I posted. I posted 35,000 units

Last edited by pghquest; 06-13-2012 at 01:58 PM..

Old 06-13-2012, 02:01 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
[quote=pghquest;24729226]Well I'm wrong they are in this contract, thats because as you go down the road, they dont get the 5 years of service either. Essentially they are swapping payment for kindles, for a lack of a year of support.

/QUOTE]

I guess this is your version of an apology.....

Old 06-13-2012, 02:28 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
The fact that your questioning the math on fugures YOU used, has me laughing..

You said 35,000 units, cost is $16,500,000, 5 year contract
$94.25 per unit / year

Now you are even questioning figures you posted
I'm questioning your understanding of math. Again, how do you get $94.25/year for a unit that's bought in Year 5 when you're saying the costs associated w/ that unit includes 5 years of service...

Quote:
I agree, its a RFP, which leads to a contract.
We know that 2,500 kindles will be ordered at a $16,500,000 cost, THATS IT. There is nothing at all to show that other kindles will be provided at no additional charge, and you yourself, is questioning the figures you posted above.

You just said its a justification for a contract, not a contract, so there would be no need to state the exact amount until its computed. But 2,500 kindles is no where close to the 35,000 kindles you claimed would be ultimately ordered.
You would still put how much you're ordering, not an approximation! Why would you even approximate when you know the exact #?

Quote:
Again, why stop at 35,000 kindles? If there is no additiional cost for additional Kindles, why not order 10 BILLION of them?
Who is saying it's unlimited? I said there's a range and if it's met, the contract would be worth 16.5M.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies