Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 10:46 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,977,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Sam Cooke was also killed by a black woman and she was not even prosecuted. He was, to some, the greatest soul singer ever (sang "A Change Gon Come").

In regards to your second paragraph I can kind of understand why your co-worker got upset. He is a grown man and you are trying to tell him how to live his life. No one, not only black men, likes to have other people give them unsolicited advice. I can understand if he asked your opinion, but if he did not, then you were just butting your nose into business that wasn't yours. More than likely, he just wanted to unload some of his frustrations. I know my own husband doesn't like it when people try to give him unsolicited advice either, and I agree with him. Giving unsolicited advice is basically being a smarta$$ and trying to teach people how to behave when that is not your job to do.

This actually reminds me of a local story that happened here in the Atlanta area. A white guy was coming out of a gas station and held the door open for the guy coming out behind him, a black guy, and after the black guy walks out, the white guy tells him that he should have thanked him for holding the door. The black guy shot the white guy (luckily he didn't die). Even though I do think that was extreme, it is an example of how some people don't like your unsolicited advice. My grandma always told me that you can't help people who don't want help and you should never offer advice to those who didn't ask. That is common courtesy, sense, and respect in dealing with others.

Also you have to understand, in regards to race, that in a lot of media and in real life in regards to white liberals, white people are seen by a lot of black people as trying to be our savior. We don't need you to save us and I also, in a lot of ways, don't understand your need to try to parent us. It seems like some sort of control freak thing to me and is the reason why I have issues with a lot of white liberals.
I think you're missing something. Healthy individuals can handle receiving reasonable advice from their peers. They can take it or leave it. Smart people at least consider the advice and weigh their options. Somebody who can't handle being helped by others has a big problem. It sounds like Ghostrider was being reasonable, and trying to help another human being like anybody else would do. He even stopped (said the conversation ended) when he realized the individual he was talking to was irrational and wasn't receptive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 11:29 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Blacks in America are much more murderous than whites, by a long shot. That's what this thread is about and the concern of the OP, who is black himself. Yes, there are crazy whites who are murderous, but we at least have a good insight into why they kill. Quite frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if cases of white nutjobs going on murderous rampages increases if things in this country continue as they are. Working-class/blue-collar whites are increasingly being marginalized, alienated, and left behind similar to the way blacks have been. This has been going on since 1970 or so, but has gotten a lot worse. Socio-economic segregation and division is off the charts. People have become increasingly prejudiced toward the working class and blue-collar types. They're not being provided jobs and prosperity. They're not being specifically recognized and catered to politicially or by the media. Loud supposed liberals attack them and their culture left and right. On top of all that, there is the meth epidemic.
Interesting... I made all these points several posts back... more than once... I guess a white man had to say it for it to be true... and when the disenfranchisement of white people has gone on long enough... will there be any room for you to say "Blacks in America a much more murderous than whites"... that is and always has been my point. How much is nature and how much is nurture... my hypothesis is that there ain't much difference between black folk and white folk under the hood. Give a white man enough grief for a long enough time and you will get a man who will do many of the things white people think only black people do.

H

Old 06-14-2012, 11:58 PM

537 posts, read 818,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Interesting... I made all these points several posts back... more than once... I guess a white man had to say it for it to be true... and when the disenfranchisement of white people has gone on long enough... will there be any room for you to say "Blacks in America a much more murderous than whites"... that is and always has been my point. How much is nature and how much is nurture... my hypothesis is that there ain't much difference between black folk and white folk under the hood. Give a white man enough grief for a long enough time and you will get a man who will do many of the things white people think only black people do.

H
This is exactly true. If you look at urban history from the 19th Century, you'll find examples of this. The Irish ghetto of Five Points in New York City for instance.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:26 AM

37 posts, read 38,396 times
When black folks stop accepting and making excuses for the losers and failures that share there skin color and start abandoning, ostracizing,and oppressing those folks like every other race on the face of the earth does. Black people will come up in a major way. Till that happens, don't expect black people to be anywhere but on the bottom of the totem pole.

White men tend to succeed in life because there never has been excuses with us. You either make positive things happen for yourself or you are a failure that no one will ever respect. White people HATE other white people that make excuses and blame others, we let those losers rot and leave them behind. So we have no choice but to be successful. You either take care of your children, get a degree, and get a good job, or you are a complete loser and everyone looks down on you, and ostracizes you.
In fact just being poor if you are white earns you the lifetime tag of "trash". Even your children who are born from you are also "trash". Even when they make money and move up they are still "trash". Our culture has been this way for thousands of years and that's why we run the show.

We were given no initial advantages over anyone. We were the lowest on the totem pole, living in caves, in the most isolated and barren region, enduring -20 degree weather, surviving plagues and genocides and tribal warfare. Go ahead and hate us for not being punks and taking every disadvantage and turning it into an advantage. Blacks when the cards were dealt had every advantage and managed to turn every one into a disadvantage thru laziness, excuses, and selling each other out.

Yes y'all were tricked, yes we played on your weaknesses, turned you against one another, than against yourself for self destruction because we are pimps, that's the only reason we still exist in the first place. We would have never made it to 1AD if we weren't pimps. We had to pimp our way to being on equal ground with you which took thousands of years, than we pimped our way to having dominion over you, and it's your fault because you let it happen like a bunch of h0s. Groups tried to pimp us back before we were even close to your level and we never let it happen and we never will cause we never give up or make excuses and we always want that number one spot by any means necessary.

Yes we took over by force, and yes screwed over alot of people including some of our own, but that's how every group sense the start of mankind has gained power and control. Go ahead and hate us cause we are the best at it, the smartest and the toughest. Continue to be mad at us for never being weak punks and making excuses. We had to hustle for thousands of years to get here so we earned it while y'all were slacking. Y'all are still slacking, and still making excuses. We are still winning. Black folks have the ability to change all these things, but I doubt they ever will. White pimps that have been dead 500 years still have control over most of your minds.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post

H
I'm glad we agree and that somebody else shares some of the same points I think are true. I just happened to miss your post, that's all.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:38 AM

1,189 posts, read 2,553,925 times
White men aren't "winning" so much economically as before. Asians are.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
White men aren't "winning" so much economically as before. Asians are.
That's what I was thinking while reading KnoxVolunteer's post. If a person is going to say one group is better than another and they are white, they have to accept that in that thinking Asians are on top. Asians score better on IQ tests than whites, for example.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:58 AM

288 posts, read 283,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxVolunteer23 View Post
When black folks stop accepting and making excuses for the losers and failures that share there skin color and start abandoning, ostracizing,and oppressing those folks like every other race on the face of the earth does. Black people will come up in a major way. Till that happens, don't expect black people to be anywhere but on the bottom of the totem pole.

White men tend to succeed in life because there never has been excuses with us. You either make positive things happen for yourself or you are a failure that no one will ever respect. White people HATE other white people that make excuses and blame others, we let those losers rot and leave them behind. So we have no choice but to be successful. You either take care of your children, get a degree, and get a good job, or you are a complete loser and everyone looks down on you, and ostracizes you.
In fact just being poor if you are white earns you the lifetime tag of "trash". Even your children who are born from you are also "trash". Even when they make money and move up they are still "trash". Our culture has been this way for thousands of years and that's why we run the show.

We were given no initial advantages over anyone. We were the lowest on the totem pole, living in caves, in the most isolated and barren region, enduring -20 degree weather, surviving plagues and genocides and tribal warfare. Go ahead and hate us for not being punks and taking every disadvantage and turning it into an advantage. Blacks when the cards were dealt had every advantage and managed to turn every one into a disadvantage thru laziness, excuses, and selling each other out.

Yes y'all were tricked, yes we played on your weaknesses, turned you against one another, than against yourself for self destruction because we are pimps, that's the only reason we still exist in the first place. We would have never made it to 1AD if we weren't pimps. We had to pimp our way to being on equal ground with you which took thousands of years, than we pimped our way to having dominion over you, and it's your fault because you let it happen like a bunch of h0s. Groups tried to pimp us back before we were even close to your level and we never let it happen and we never will cause we never give up or make excuses and we always want that number one spot by any means necessary.

Yes we took over by force, and yes screwed over alot of people including some of our own, but that's how every group sense the start of mankind has gained power and control. Go ahead and hate us cause we are the best at it, the smartest and the toughest. Continue to be mad at us for never being weak punks and making excuses. We had to hustle for thousands of years to get here so we earned it while y'all were slacking. Y'all are still slacking, and still making excuses. We are still winning. Black folks have the ability to change all these things, but I doubt they ever will. White pimps that have been dead 500 years still have control over most of your minds.

Aww, so you agree to being a devil? That is something that I would never strive to be..

Old 06-15-2012, 03:07 AM

261 posts, read 588,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxVolunteer23 View Post

Ironically hilarious, trumpeting the success of Europeans as due to upholding an upstanding moral code of ethics and values and yet defending the actions Europeans used to exploit and conquer others (and themselves) to secure their place at the top, despite being a complete contradiction to the Protestant-based model of morality they imposed on the rest of the world. Honestly you just sound confused.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:53 AM

537 posts, read 818,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RioDominicana View Post
Ironically hilarious, trumpeting the success of Europeans as due to upholding an upstanding moral code of ethics and values and yet defending the actions Europeans used to exploit and conquer others (and themselves) to secure their place at the top, despite being a complete contradiction to the Protestant-based model of morality they imposed on the rest of the world. Honestly you just sound confused.
To me, he sounds like a typical social conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies