Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 09:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
That's great. So then no one is talking to or about you. Have a seat.

There is an epidemic of obesity in America.

The ones who whine the loudest about not being told what to do are usually the same people who smoke two packs a day, shove down 3 Big Macs with supersized fries twice a day and drink a gallon of Mountain Dew or beer every night while playing video games. These are also the same people who overtax our healthcare system with diabetes and heart disease because they can't put down their bag of Cheetos and Twinkies long enough to talk a walk around the block.
I see, stay out of my womb but get into my stomach.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:15 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,044,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I doubt that very many were there that didn't want to be. I certainly can not speak for each and every one of them but most soldiers even if they do not like the person respects the office.

I am no fan of Obama but if something came up and I was invited to have dinner with him I would go out of respect of the office
You should repost this in the Why Does Obama Deserve Respect thread.

You are 100% correct.

Too many people have lost touch with the idea of Respect
(Where's Aretha when we need her!)

Old 06-13-2012, 09:17 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,120 times
What's controversial about this?

Old 06-13-2012, 09:26 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
What's controversial about this?
Right wing loonies will make Obama walking his dog controversial.

Why isn't Obama taking care of his country, why is he walking his dog!!!! He care more about his dog than America.

Dumb POS.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:46 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
he is just another politician, he might be the CinC, but he is still a politician. that matters alot to soldiers.

it is hard for the military to take politicians seriously when they take an oath and break it as much as possible, while military take the oath as well and hold it true to themselves for most of their lives.
I'm pretty sure you don't speak for most soldiers. The atitude you describe is a very small minority of thought in the service.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:49 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I'm pretty sure you don't speak for most soldiers. The atitude you describe is a very small minority of thought in the service.

when I was in the military during the 1980's and early 90's, RR was thought very well of and even bush the 1st. after that the military for the most part still doesnt trust politicians, because they have no idea for the most part what they do. to the politicians, the military are just tools.

more common than you think.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:55 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
This thread is ridiculous! President Obama eating "ribs & greens" with the Military isn't a contradiction with what Michelle Obama is doing regarding nutrition!
Military people need a high caloric intake to sustain themselves either through the rigors of training or War hence their diets are not going to be the same as an average person.
Michelle is advocating healthy eating for children and how to change their eating habits at a early age.
as for Obama eating "Ribs" he's no couch potatoe!

http://www.hawaii-myguide.com/wp-con...ii-290x300.jpg

Old 06-13-2012, 09:58 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Right wing loonies will make Obama walking his dog controversial.

Why isn't Obama taking care of his country, why is he walking his dog!!!! He care more about his dog than America.

Dumb POS.
You leftie liberals made an issue of Mitt Romney and his dog on the roof of their vehicle and it backfired because your boy in his own words ate dog.How ruff that must be to have your dog and eat it too

Old 06-13-2012, 10:01 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
You leftie liberals made an issue of Mitt Romney and his dog on the roof of their vehicle and it backfired because your boy in his own words ate dog.How ruff that must be to have your dog and eat it too
A child eating dog is not the same as a man abusing his own dog.

I suppose you think eating a burger = abusing cows.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:03 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
when I was in the military during the 1980's and early 90's, RR was thought very well of and even bush the 1st. after that the military for the most part still doesnt trust politicians, because they have no idea for the most part what they do. to the politicians, the military are just tools.

more common than you think.
My son is in the military and he said the officers and NCO's always told them to vote Republican if they wanted better pay equipment and respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies