Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 08:41 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times

Advertisements

Then why do you lefties insist on "We the People" bailing out college debt and underwater mortgages?

Three people I know have under water mortgages because they used their house as ATM machines.

They ran up credit card debt and refinanced every few years.....now they are running to the government to help them.

There is no reason why you should live in a house for 20 years and STILL owe 30 years on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 08:44 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I don't know anyone who actually supports bailing anyone out, except the people who are in debt themselves. And here's a little secret...they aren't all "lefties". "Righties" have just as much financial trouble as the rest.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:03 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,449 times
There has been FAR too much of this phenomenon blamed on the banks. The paper was created also by people, not just by banks.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:07 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't know anyone who actually supports bailing anyone out, except the people who are in debt themselves. And here's a little secret...they aren't all "lefties". "Righties" have just as much financial trouble as the rest.
I don't know any homeowner who has had their mortgage paid off. I do know plenty of banks who have received hundred of billions of dollars in bailouts.

This bailing out homeowners is a crock of right wing bullshyt . You are more likely to come across a bear on a bicycle than a homeowner who has had their mortgage paid off courtesy of the tax payers.

Lies lies and more lies from Limbaugh and Co.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:24 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Then why do you lefties insist on "We the People" bailing out college debt and underwater mortgages?

Three people I know have under water mortgages because they used their house as ATM machines.

They ran up credit card debt and refinanced every few years.....now they are running to the government to help them.

There is no reason why you should live in a house for 20 years and STILL owe 30 years on it.

As someone with no hope of buying a home and not even remotely enough change for a down payment, bailing out homeowners is on the short list of my pet peeves.

Of COURSE taxpayers shouldn't be forced to bail out these homeowners.

Right now I'm listening to a conservative radio talk show host do a mortgage lender promo telling homeowners they can now refinance and pull out even more ATM cash even if they owe more than the home is worth. Go figure.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:31 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

In my experience, many homeowners believe they are special because they have "earned" the status of homeowner. Many homeowners believe they are entitled to various benefits because they own their homes.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:05 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
Quote:

I liked the links and charts and graphs you used to support this argument.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:35 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:

It's like everything else.

People who get up and go to work are having to support those (an in style) who don't feel like working. People who work two jobs while going to college so they can pay their tuition are having to support those who are too lazy to work and instead party or lay around.

Everything that's considered good in this country now must be made universal. Everyone has a right to a luxury meal, everyone has a right to unlimited free health care, everyone has a right to drive, everyone has to be given a house.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:37 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I don't know any homeowner who has had their mortgage paid off.
Wow, you are hanging around the wrong people. I can't throw a rock without hitting a family or friend who has paid off their mortgage, including myself.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:31 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
There has been FAR too much of this phenomenon blamed on the banks. The paper was created also by people, not just by banks.
This phenomenon was created by Dodd-Frank, who insisted banks give mortgages to everybody. Couple that with a boatload of morons who were too stupid to figure their monthly income vs their monthly expenses, and this is what you've got.

Of course it's always someone else's fault. America is full of the reparation and entitlement crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I don't know any homeowner who has had their mortgage paid off. .
Somehow that does not surprise me.

I have paid off 3 mortgages in my life.

You need to do something about the people you hang with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies