Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 01:14 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Your thread was whining about Bank of America, with speculation about how they'll waist bailout money that they have already paid back with interest. Other TARP mess doesn't make your worries about BofA make any more sense.

I'm not happy or sad about it, I really couldn't care less. US moved to stabilize the banks, they got their money back with interest. Is what it is.

I'm not sure if we have or not or if that number is accurate, but again you started a thread crying about BofA's plans for bailout funds. When it was demonstrated that made no sense suddenly you're all over all over the map. I'm sorry you started yet another silly thread, but waving your arms doesn't make it make sense. Again: Bank of America paid their bailout money back.
Being in the hole 85 billion dollars from tarp is gettin your money back? I guess using lefty math it is.

Who made no sense and who is all over the map? I'm simply replying to comments. Maybe they are all over the map. Take that up with them. Again I will ask who will bail these banks out when the green investments go boom like they did in Spain??? They are after all too big to fail. Or are you so blinded by many that green=good you can't see through the co2 clouds? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 01:26 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Being in the hole 85 billion dollars from tarp is gettin your money back? I guess using lefty math it is.
Again: your initial post was about Bank of America, expressing concerns over how they would spend bailout funds. When it was pointed out they paid the funds back already with interest thus making your post illogical, you have no interest in addressing that instead trying to make the thread about everything but Bank of America. BofA isn't 85 billion in the hole for anything, and that is clearly what I was referencing in my response.

Quote:
Who made no sense and who is all over the map? I'm simply replying to comments. Maybe they are all over the map. Take that up with them. Again I will ask who will bail these banks out when the green investments go boom like they did in Spain??? They are after all too big to fail. Or are you so blinded by many that green=good you can't see through the co2 clouds? lol
What about Bank of America, the subject of your first post? How much do they owe? How much did the government gain from them in interest? And most importantly, how can your initial post make any sense given the answers to those first two questions.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:30 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
What about Bank of America, the subject of your first post? How much do they owe? How much did the government gain from them in interest? And most importantly, how can your initial post make any sense given the answers to those first two questions.
As I stated earlier (and was never addressed) we are billions and billions in the hole with the bad loans we hold that actually belong to BoA even if you believe the hard to believe math that they were able to pay back 50 billion in such a short time.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:49 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We are never going to pass carbon credits. People are smart enough to realize as far as for what they are claimed to do they are simply tax raising scams.

There is a reason that Kyoto was never able to get off the ground here.
I hope you are correct.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:04 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,278,403 times
Quote:
I'd say maybe a billion years out would be a good time to start worrying about the sun.

Really. Billion years huh.

Where are the worlds oil reserves huh? Oil is a high energy density fuel.

What about energy consumption? It is rising!

Oil reserves depleting and consumption on the rise.....

Where is your data? Where can you put my fears at rest about the oil reserves that we have?

What about the price of oil when we hit half of the supply?

Ignorance is bliss no?

Last edited by Werone; 06-14-2012 at 02:47 PM..

Old 06-14-2012, 02:39 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
As I stated earlier (and was never addressed) we are billions and billions in the hole with the bad loans we hold that actually belong to BoA even if you believe the hard to believe math that they were able to pay back 50 billion in such a short time.
Thread was about bailout funds given to BofA and how they'll spend them. The loan portfolio and loan servicing agreements they acquired from Countrywide are not bailout funds, and your speculation that it is just lies that they paid back their 45 billion isn't relevant without more proof than you having some notion.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Thread was about bailout funds given to BofA and how they'll spend them. The loan portfolio and loan servicing agreements they acquired from Countrywide are not bailout funds, and your speculation that it is just lies that they paid back their 45 billion isn't relevant without more proof than you having some notion.
You still could have taken a crack at answering my question. Why has there been no charges filed in any of these cases? The answer to that will take us to the answer to it all.

And yes, I refuse to believe that BoA could come up with 50 billion dollars in such a short time when they were supposedly in such terrible shape.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:40 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
You still could have taken a crack at answering my question. Why has there been no charges filed in any of these cases? The answer to that will take us to the answer to it all.

And yes, I refuse to believe that BoA could come up with 50 billion dollars in such a short time when they were supposedly in such terrible shape.
This article explains it all pretty well.

Bank of America: Too Crooked to Fail | Politics News | Rolling Stone

Old 06-14-2012, 05:30 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Again: your initial post was about Bank of America, expressing concerns over how they would spend bailout funds. When it was pointed out they paid the funds back already with interest thus making your post illogical, you have no interest in addressing that instead trying to make the thread about everything but Bank of America. BofA isn't 85 billion in the hole for anything, and that is clearly what I was referencing in my response.

Yes BOA are saints in this entire mess aren't they? Read the thread posted above and get back to us about BOA. My point is when these investments fail who will be bailing them out yet again. You can't seem to grasp that just continue to howl about BOA. No they aren't in the hole 85 billion the TAXPAYERS are due to the bailout. So lets see we are still owed 85 billion and these banks too big to fail are promising somewhere around 100 billion to the green kooks. That is what I'm seeing. What are you seeing other than your rabid defense of a crooked financial institution that should have half its directors jailed IMO maybe more?

Old 06-14-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
That is one of the best articles ever written on the entire mess. When it first came out I read it three or four over. Anyone that cares at all should read. Yes it's long but it's a mess of massive proportions.

Thanks for bringing it back up for anyone that would care to read it.

Rolling Stone has had a few really good researched in depth article on all of this.

Last year, the Federal Reserve allowed Bank of America to move a huge portfolio of dangerous bets into a side of the company that happens to be FDIC-insured, putting all of us on the hook for as much as $55 trillion in irresponsible gambles. Then, in February, the Justice Department's so-called foreclosure settlement, which will supposedly provide $26 billion in relief for ripped-off homeowners, actually rewarded the bank with a legal waiver that will allow it to escape untold billions in lawsuits. And this month the Fed will release the results of its annual stress test, in which the bank will once again be permitted to perpetuate its fiction of solvency by grossly overrating the mountains of toxic loans on its books. At this point, the rescue effort is so sweeping and elaborate that it goes far beyond simply gouging the tax dollars of millions of struggling families, many of whom have already been ripped off by the bank – it's making the government, and by extension all of us, full-blown accomplices to the fraud.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...#ixzz1xoXOWZ3y

Rolling Stone must be written by racists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies