Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 10:17 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,942,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanAmerican View Post
My name is Barry Hussein Soetoro from Kenya and I will be voting for Mitt Romney in 2012 election.

We already knew he was going to be getting the crazy vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 10:20 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
My name is Barry Hussein Soetoro from Kenya and I will be voting for Mitt Romney in 2012 election.

Now that is actually quite funny!

Old 06-15-2012, 10:23 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
While you try to imply that Obama's policies drove up spending, what do we see? We see that the spending increase per capita has risen gradually under Bush and Obama has kept it steady.
I did not mention any president by name. Didn't I say that our federal government lived off $2 trillion in 2002, and complained that we know spend almost $2 trillion more? This includes both presidents and every congress during those years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What were the increases?

Social Security and other federal pensions:

Defense:

Health Care:

The right-wing line is that it’s that your tax dollars are going to pay for vast numbers of green energy projects that are a waste of money. That's basically nonsense.
That is not an answer to almost doubling federal spending in ten years. you cannot nearly double federal spending while the GDP growth rate averages about 3%, and excuse it away.

It is nonsense to spend billions on some politicians personal agenda when we are experiencing "the worst economy since the great depression".

Even if social security, defense and health care costs rise, it means we need to decrease federal spending on frivolous non-critical programs and gimmicks.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The reason I didn't vote for McCain was Palin, and only Palin.
Joe Biden has been sooooo much better, eh?

Old 06-15-2012, 10:31 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,103,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Joe Biden has been sooooo much better, eh?

Better than "You Betcha?"

You Betcha!

Old 06-15-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Better than "You Betcha?"

You Betcha!
Biden has been a gaff prone joke of a VP. He has been as "historic" in regards to failing at his job, as Obama has been; they deserve each other.

No one takes Biden serious, and he can't even open his mouth w/o people cringing that he will be embarrassing the president..... again. Vice presidents usually run around and do busy work, speak in scripted comments, and parrot the lines given to them by the president. O'Biden can't seem to even do that without messing it up.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:15 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
As bad as devoting massive brain cells to something as idiotic and unproductive as fantasy football?

So-called "free thinkers" often inflate their own egos by convincing themselves they've got all the answers, when in truth, their research tends to reinforce their own preconceived views of what's correct and right.

My point (which may have escaped you) is that yelling at people to WAKE UP will never win you any converts to your way of thinking. It's egotistical and arrogant. People who may still be moderate or centrist and who might have considered listening to what you have to say will naturally avoid you. Frothing and shouting "wake up!" is not the way to get your ideas across.
So we are basically screwed then.....since people hate the truth

Old 06-15-2012, 11:17 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
So will I, only to get Obama out, however, why Barry are you voting for him....what do you think he will do to better our country, seriously...personally, I think he and his other rich friends are out of touch....they will only do what Bush did, nothing really. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:24 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
So we are basically screwed then.....since people hate the truth

Well... you know the old saying... you can lead a horse to water...

Old 06-15-2012, 11:45 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Rev. Wright has not advocated for the extermination or killing of anyone. The link you provided gives no indication that Rev. Wright has advocated for the extermination or killing of anyone.

Rev. Wright preaches against racial supremacy and believes in the equality of all races.
not so friend. of course he has advocated for murder. in his public broadcast sermon he did a prophecy on the rising up of the black man against the white. he says that some members of the AA community will have to be "eliminated" to accomplish this. i heard it with my own 2 ears.
this was broadcast when obama was running for office a KPBS broadcast.
your post reminds me of assertions that islam does not advocate for the murder of jews and christians.
the AA pulpit all too often get used to preach violence and hate. why else would our community be drenched in the blood of young men from black on black violence unless someone was teaching it there in the community? we are not born hating we are taught to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies