Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 01:08 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,140,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Your right, things did go wrong with JFK. But you must remember, and please know, this is my personal opinion, I'm not saying your wrong. JFK was a liberal, but back in those days, being liberal and being conservative had way different meanings. They were totally different from today. I'm not saying it didn't start then, but Corruption even then was alive and kicking. We Americans were so naieve so believing and so red white and blue, patriotic. While Kennedy had some bad ideas, he had some very good ideas as well, however, those ideas made waves with the powers that be. To many large rich companies stood to loose money, big big money, and that is why he was killed. I don't believe they'd ever pull that again, but they do quickly sabbotage someone who is honest and people start listening to. No one cared about Herman Cain b/c no one knew about him, but as he became more vocal early on, people listened up...and had some pretty good ideas...he spoke of how having the illegals here were draining our systems...and many other topics....well, they didn't like that one bit. Herman Cain could not be bought...he didn't turn to Hollywood to run fund raises like Jessica Parker did this week. He wanted to make it on his own honestly, he wanted the people to decide...well, every body is talking about it, who has some knowledge of politics and they all agree, he was sabatoged....his wife couldn't take it...and I don't blame her. And oh, by the way, He did have me interested....I wanted to sit back and see what else he had to say, but early on, they got rid of him. If he would have run, he may have ended up like Kennedy, b/c his ideas, did surely not go along with the powers that be. He sincerely wanted to work for the people. And as long as you have people like Obama, and Mitt Romney in there, nothing will change. NOTHING. They both work for the powers that be....no matter who wins, and I believe Mitt will win, b/c Obama is looseing popularity, quickly...the republicans will take over again as did many times before, b/c it's a back and forth game, nothing will change...oh, it'll be a little bit better, but for the most part, nothing will change.

ONE LINE VETOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would help extremely! And demand that the senetors show up for work.
Yes, creme, although I was just a kid, I realize that liberal and conservative meant different things back then. I agree with you about who and why Kennedy was killed. His brother Bobby too. I had just started to listen to Cain when it all blew up in his face.

Seeing an almost empty Senate chamber when they are supposed to be voting really gets my britches in a knot.

The only good thing I can find to say about Romney is he was a good businessman way back when. That's why I voted for Ross Perot when he ran as a third party candidate. He was one smart business man. Hey, if an actor of the Silver Screen can become one of our most beloved presidents, why couldn't someone who had a real good head on his shoulder?

I generally don't follow politics, I actually am not following but I have my opinions as a citizen and being on the lower scale now after being up past the middle when I was younger, I feel the need to comment sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yep, because Mr. Hope and Change is really working, isn't it? It is the people like you who vote for the "status quo lesser of two evils" candidates that treat politics as if it's a sporting event. Hooray, go team! YEAH! In the mean time, it's the same s*** different toilet! But, hey keep drinking that kool-aide! MMM-MMM good!
Is that my "lesser of two evils" that I said I was voting for? Just how would you describe how you feel about placing your vote? Last election and this one are the first two times I have felt this way. I have always been gung-ho about who I vote for. Do we have any other choice other than "the lesser of two evils"? No, we do not. So your sarcasm and rudeness is wasted on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The reason I didn't vote for McCain was Palin, and only Palin.
I kept my fingers crossed and did vote for him because I didn't want Osama uhh, Obama. For years I had been wishing McCain would run and he finally does and stays in the race....and look what he chooses for a running mate. Why the he** didn't he choose anyone besides her? Did he deliberatly sabotage his own campaign? Was he threatened with death if he chose a viable running mate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 01:13 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,961,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Yes, creme, although I was just a kid, I realize that liberal and conservative meant different things back then. I agree with you about who and why Kennedy was killed. His brother Bobby too. I had just started to listen to Cain when it all blew up in his face.

Seeing an almost empty Senate chamber when they are supposed to be voting really gets my britches in a knot.

The only good thing I can find to say about Romney is he was a good businessman way back when. That's why I voted for Ross Perot when he ran as a third party candidate. He was one smart business man. Hey, if an actor of the Silver Screen can become one of our most beloved presidents, why couldn't someone who had a real good head on his shoulder?

I generally don't follow politics, I actually am not following but I have my opinions as a citizen and being on the lower scale now after being up past the middle when I was younger, I feel the need to comment sometimes.

Is that my "lesser of two evils" that I said I was voting for? Just how would you describe how you feel about placing your vote? Last election and this one are the first two times I have felt this way. I have always been gung-ho about who I vote for. Do we have any other choice other than "the lesser of two evils"? No, we do not. So your sarcasm and rudeness is wasted on me.

I kept my fingers crossed and did vote for him because I didn't want Osama uhh, Obama. For years I had been wishing McCain would run and he finally does and stays in the race....and look what he chooses for a running mate. Why the he** didn't he choose anyone besides her? Did he deliberatly sabotage his own campaign? Was he threatened with death if he chose a viable running mate?

The post wasn't necessarily directed at you. Yes we do have a choice. You can choose to write your vote in. Nobody is forcing you to vote for the 2 candidates being presented.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:27 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,411,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Ain't gonna happen. Americans are asleep at the wheel and the car is on cruise control.
They won't wake up until there is a crash and by then it will be too late.

Your best bet is to learn to adjust and adapt to a changing society because I don't think there is any "going back".

The thing that truly does concern me, is the division of people, and nothing like the unity that Obama promised us, and that is no lie.

You said it right? nothing is going to change, while some people are asleep, they are just too happy moving along on cruise control. And nothing else matters.

Until one day, when they least expect it, and haven't seen it coming, a huge crash, and by that time things are too late.

I don't see things changing. People are just too divided on so many things, to bring the people back, to at least meet in the middle.

Just take a look at us on this forum, too many, and maybe myself included, are just too stuborn.
But in all sincerity i would like to see a unity.

Because as a Nation, we cannot continue on this same path.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:20 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,835,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
not so friend. of course he has advocated for murder. in his public broadcast sermon he did a prophecy on the rising up of the black man against the white. he says that some members of the AA community will have to be "eliminated" to accomplish this. i heard it with my own 2 ears.
this was broadcast when obama was running for office a KPBS broadcast.
your post reminds me of assertions that islam does not advocate for the murder of jews and christians.
the AA pulpit all too often get used to preach violence and hate. why else would our community be drenched in the blood of young men from black on black violence unless someone was teaching it there in the community? we are not born hating we are taught to do so.
Yet there is no public documentation of your claims. Rev. Wright's public statements have been heavily covered, particularly in 2008. If he had made such a statement it would have been picked up as part of the Rev. Wright narrative.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:41 PM

28,883 posts, read 30,185,296 times
Quote:
tamiznluv;
I think a lot of us had our fingers crossed, believe me, and why did he choose her? My only guess is, they wanted to win the women's votes? But what could they have been thinking?

Old 06-15-2012, 03:45 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,555,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
1) We need to be free from oil dependence. We are siphoning billions every month from our country directly to the middle East.

Solution: We need energy creation at the individual level.. Every house/business needs to be generating power, be it solar, wind, bloom energy. renewables offer the best option in that that will always give and not substitute one problem for another....oil for coal.

Placing power out of the control of the large utilities we will improve our stability, decrease our vulnerability and improve the standard of living for the people, not make corporations rich.

Nuclear, coal, solar farms, wind farms are still designed to keep power companies in charge...this needs to end.

This will be a first step in redesign of our infrastructure.

2) Eliminate the Federal Reserve - This will over haul how we fund our projects and eliminate our paying world banks massive amounts of interest to handle our money. It will in a fairly short time eliminate our debt.

3) Make political office a duty, not a fruit to be gathered. - eliminate lobbyist and their control and back room deals that make politicians rich and screw the rest of us. term limits of 6 years for president and senators, and Reps. (possible the Supreme Court)-

4) Benefits from the government are only for Citizens... welfare, medicare

5) In order to be a Citizen you must speak English

6) Issue visas to foreigners, when they expire they must leave.

7) Legalize drugs - the war on them is a farce, it fills prisons and does nothing good, crime increases and cartels make billions off of illegal trade. Make them legal and controlled. Provide education on the dangers and treatment options for those that want help.

8) provide incentives for businesses to operate in our borders. make it costly when they don't

9) stop allowing companies to locate in other areas so they can avoid taxesor liabilities.... Cruise lines as an example.... If you sail from our ports you must be registered with the US and guided by our laws and taxes.

10) banking controls - limit to excessive interest rates charged by banks/credit cards

11) Direct the auto industry to be fossil fuel free by 2016. I don't care if you don't like the lack of varooom out of your engines. This will go so far to clean our air and oil dependence.

12) Incentives to utilize existing buildings vs building new... incentives for making old buildings fuel efficient.

13) close military bases that serve no purpose.... I expect that would be at least 1/2 of them worldwide.

14) Eliminate HSA/TSA , The Dept of Education, HUD, and likely others ...Streamline government, reduce its scope.

15) stop the push of a 2 party system, it makes for a you vs I mentality and creates division so people don't clean house of these Aholes that are screwing us and getting filty rich in the process..... Tell why someone spends 50 million for a job that pays a few hundred thousand?

There are my suggestions. It addresses, government corruption, jobs, environment, financial well being of the people, national security and more.

Excellent, for starters.

Congress needs term limits. Lobbyists and super PACS need to be eliminated.

Corporations are at the helm, but I still see some posters like to blame Americans for being "asleep at the switch"...um, no...educated Americans are aware of the corruption of polticians and corporations. The mendacity of self serving career politicians is at an all time high.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:49 PM

28,883 posts, read 30,185,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
The thing that truly does concern me, is the division of people, and nothing like the unity that Obama promised us, and that is no lie.

You said it right? nothing is going to change, while some people are asleep, they are just too happy moving along on cruise control. And nothing else matters.

Until one day, when they least expect it, and haven't seen it coming, a huge crash, and by that time things are too late.

I don't see things changing. People are just too divided on so many things, to bring the people back, to at least meet in the middle.

Just take a look at us on this forum, too many, and maybe myself included, are just too stuborn.
But in all sincerity i would like to see a unity.

Because as a Nation, we cannot continue on this same path.
I can't remember when people were so immature and so uninformed. Even me! The anger in people, they're lack of moral values, why they don't even consider others when they invade the space of others while talking on the phone. The anger when they argue about one or two issues and fail to see the big picture...change has to come soon, otherwise we are lost forever, people once again have to possess awareness and a hunger for knowlege. Technolgy has made us lazy and inconsiderate. I really, really believe you should have to take a test to become a parent...parents today, have no idea about discipline. We have a young gal who brings one of her children to work, that child is so rude, interrupts adult conversation, does not know how to say please, thank you and how to stay quiet...everyone really dislikes her kids...she can't even find anyone to watch them, not her parents, not his...and they run all over the place jumping and screaming....unbelievable.
These kids are the future...

Old 06-15-2012, 03:55 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,329,907 times
Well maybe some will wake up now. 800K illegals will get renewable work permits and not get deported.
Stealth amnesty right in your face.

If you are unemployed your competition just grew by 800K.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:26 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,555,454 times
Neither side will do anything about illegals.

The corporate plutocracy has lobbyists making six figure salaries ensuring China- mart and the low paying "service economy"/retail job sector gets its supply of slaves .

Of course, Bank of Americas call centers are now in India and mexico, so the US will bail them out with billions while they lay off American workers.

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 06-15-2012 at 04:35 PM..

Old 06-15-2012, 04:46 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,326,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
when you say women's issues, I suspect you mean abortion? I believe abortion should be available to women, b/c if it is not, then you make the underground a lucrative business and women will die. That said, I don't believe in abortion, but that is my personal prefrence...however, what I do with my life, or my unborn child's is between my God and myself. Gay marriage, is also a personal choice....this is a Free nation, and no matter how unfair you say it is to allow or not allow these things...we need to stop trying to tell people what to do. My god there are children being beaten, sexually abused, you have violent brutal drug related crimes. I hate drugs...hate them, however, if they were legal, then you take away the income of those who make tons of money off of them, including polititicans. The war on drugs, how idiotic, and good men are loosing they're lives over this fairy tale. Look at prohibition...why they danced in the streets when prohibition went into effect, why? Because now you made a lucrative business for criminals. Same thing with guns, you outlaw guns, now people are going to get rich selling them underground...same thing with abortion.
We can agree on this post. Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies