Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 09:18 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times

Advertisements

There is no fixing the USA under the present political system. The American system of governance is almost totally corrupt at all levels. Local, state and federal. Instead of moving forward toward a more perfect union the country has taken a huge jump backwards with the "Citizens united" case. This decision is guaranteed to make a corrupted system even more corrupt.

I always like to comment on the greatness of the American people with this comment. "The American people have created a great country, created great wealth and innovations DISPITE the truely horrible governance they have always had".

As time moves on and the country gets bigger and bigger, the population just keeps on growing and the complexity of governing such country becomes greater the ability of the compromised political system to manage becomes less and less. The fact that reform within the existing system is near impossible, which by the way is just a reflection of the inherent disfunction of the system, leaves me to a conclusion that is not a nice picture.

Things will continue to get worse and worse until it reaches a breaking point. At that point there are a few possible outcomes. The people revolt and there is widespread riots and anarchy like conditions that forces the government to reform. OR
These conditions cause the government to suspend civil liberties and use the armed forces to enforce the NEW ORDER.

The horrible conditions created by a nonfunctional government causes the country to strike out in all directions, maybe the first target being Canada. This Nazification of the USA would create chaos in the entire world and I really believe it's a possibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 09:25 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,137,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Hey, I don't like Obama either...and yes, the problems were in place but unfortunately Obama hasn't done anything to help the problem, but put us more in debt. We are twice as much in debt as we were when Bush left office after 8 years and Obama has created twice as much debt in only 4 years.
He didn't create jobs, and the economy isn't getting any better....not in the least...

so lets stop right there, and because your being really stupid by suggesting that one party is worse then the other.

for YEARS we bounce back and forth, Obama had his chance, then Bush had his chance, for 8 years...and before that, and before that...what will it take to wake you up to the truth...

actually WE are to blame for not demanding these jokers in Washington do the job they're getting paid to do....
I guess I can't play in your so-called non-partisan, country-fixing thread. But there are degrees of bad leadership. With one party's only goal to make the current president unsuccessful (and one term), using the filibuster in Congress relentlessly to stop all progress. Having Right-leaning investors and corporations sit on their money in hopes of tanking the economy and beating Obama. And one party having zero respect for any public service except for the bloated military. These things are beyond the pale. At least one party is trying...

Old 06-14-2012, 09:28 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
we fell in 1929. our behavior is now the same as pre 1929. we simply dont believe it can happen.
as a nation as individuals we are credit card addicts.
austerity is the only way out.
when we crash many will blame God, we do that alot.
watch the series walking dead, and see how people's behavior and sense of justice changes when they cant use visa anymore. mercy tolerance and forebearance are functions of resources.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:30 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I guess I can't play in your so-called non-partisan, country-fixing thread. But there are degrees of bad leadership. With one party's only goal to make the current president unsuccessful (and one term), using the filibuster in Congress relentlessly to stop all progress. Having Right-leaning investors and corporations sit on their money in hopes of tanking the economy and beating Obama. And one party having zero respect for any public service except for the bloated military. These things are beyond the pale. At least one party is trying...
and how do you think Obama got elected? Same way...
same way....
again, no ones to blame but ourselves for buying into their games...and do you really believe that the democrates don't do the same thing to a republican president? I cannot believe how many people in this country share this concept....

Old 06-14-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
we fell in 1929. our behavior is now the same as pre 1929. we simply dont believe it can happen.
watch the series walking dead, and see how people's behavior and sense of justice changes when they cant use visa anymore. mercy tolerance and forebearance are functions of resources.

I hate to say it, but you are right...
when we do crash, it's going to be very ugly...very ugly...and there will be walking dead, see what happens in cities where riots broke out...it's going to be a lot worse...people will kill, to eat....rob to survive and buy food...it's going to be utterly violent if we keep going in this direction....

Old 06-14-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
yes, many will blame God, and republicans will blame democrates and visa versa...

Old 06-14-2012, 09:43 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I believe we will work out our political, social and economic problems. someday.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:51 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
Your right and good points!!!!!
OK, here is a true story...
The head CEO of Shell, back when Obama was a Senator, was at a fund raiser when Obama was there. He wanted Obama to consider becoming Independent of Middle East Oil. So he goes over to talk with him and present his solution to Obama....Obama listened briefly and said, "We've already got a plan and we're doing it OUR way. Then turned and walked away, extremely curt and downed his nose at this CEO. This CEO chased after him, saying, "but we can become independent of the middle east, we've got enough oil right here in America". Again Obama snubbed him but this time was more offensive and turned and walked away from the CEO.
What does that tell you who Obama is working for? As does every other President!

In order to become a citizen, you must legally obtain your citizenship which would include speaking English.
Can you provide a link - from a verifiable source - that substantiates this "story"?

Old 06-14-2012, 10:00 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Can you provide a link - from a verifiable source - that substantiates this "story"?
i cant prove it. u probably know he cant either. however, obama has enormous financial backing.
we dont know where it comes from do we? i cant prove that either but we know he has it.
obama is probably our 1st fictitious president. his past is utterly locked up with no girl friends in it at all, just magically shows up with 2 kids and a wife.
like fabian a manufactured idol. btw i voted for him he promised change but 17 trillion and 2 more wars was not what i had in mind.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:09 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,137,674 times
Quote:
and how do you think Obama got elected? Same way...
same way....
again, no ones to blame but ourselves for buying into their games...and do you really believe that the democrates don't do the same thing to a republican president? I cannot believe how many people in this country share this concept....
No, the Democrats in Congress did not stonewall Bush, Bush or Reagan. Hell, Dems went along with the Iraq fiasco! The level of uncooperation during Obama's term is unpresedented.

You are probably another died-in-the-wool Republican, smart enough to be disgusted with your own party, but unwilling to switch to the other side; therefore you write off both parties as equally awful. It's a common breed these days. And assuming it all continues, yall will stop following politics entirely before you would vote for a Democrat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies