Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 11:23 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,273,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Funny, you claim common sense after you post a lie then don't come back and back up your bogus claims.

I guess according to you posting things that are not true and forming an opinion on those false statements is common sense to you.

I am still waitng for the data to back up your claims.

I made no statement on teacher's salaries. I just asked YOU to back up your claims.

You must be a product of public education
What is a lie? Your a troll. Prove what I said is a lie.

Now your bashing public education because you perceive me as a liar for some reason I cannot rationalize.

Thats the problem, thats my whole point--- the fact that you use public education as a perceived insult.

sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm

a little DECEPTION going on there

texas teacher STARTING salary.....33k

texas average techer salary....41k

texas average income (all proffessions).....39k
State-by-state: Average income per person - USATODAY.com

so texas teacher get paid more than the average texas worker.....is that fair????

Your missing the point.

Teachers are valuable because they engage our future generations, the masses of our future generations. This should be done with bright smart people, not people settling for a 9-5.

We have plenty of jobs for people that want to work a 9-5, but teaching our future generations is something we can spend a little more money on. Ok. Enough on that.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:42 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,431,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werone View Post
Your missing the point.

Teachers are valuable because they engage our future generations, the masses of our future generations. This should be done with bright smart people, not people settling for a 9-5.

We have plenty of jobs for people that want to work a 9-5, but teaching our future generations is something we can spend a little more money on. Ok. Enough on that.
sorry..but teachers are just like any other worker...they do a job...all jobs are inportant

the fact is that if the median salary in a town is 30k..then techers should not be making more than that....if the median salary is 90k than its fine for teachers to be making 90k in that areas

teaching is a WORKINCLASS PROFESSION

Old 06-15-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
sorry..but teachers are just like any other worker...they do a job...all jobs are inportant

the fact is that if the median salary in a town is 30k..then techers should not be making more than that....if the median salary is 90k than its fine for teachers to be making 90k in that areas

teaching is a WORKINCLASS PROFESSION

Education is far more important than a job being a bouncer at a strip club.

I disagree with you. I think that we should pay more for education to attract really innovative and bright minds, and hold them accountable for the students performance. We should aim at having a world class education system.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:52 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,431,094 times
Quote:
Education is far more important than a job being a bouncer at a strip club.

why would you relate it to a bouncer

so you are saying a teacher is more important than a cop??...a fireman???....a sanatation engineer????........a railroad conductor???.... a butcher????......a truck mechanic that keeps america moving????

very elitist of you

why shoudld a teacher make MORE than the average person in the town

Old 06-15-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:

so you are saying a teacher is more important than a cop??...a fireman???....a sanatation engineer????........a railroad conductor???.... a butcher????......a truck mechanic that keeps america moving????

very elitist of you

Education is very important. The more we educate the masses the better decisions we will make as a whole.

Educators educate bouncers, cops, firemen, sanitation workers, truck mechanics, etc.

We can afford to attract the brightest minds to educate our future. Lets move on , we don't agree. Nuff said.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:03 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:

very elitist of you

Because they're entrusted with the hearts and minds of our kids, and have the responsibility of forming the upcoming generations, the nation's future. Anyone can collect garbage, or chop meat. Many teachers have MA's. You don't need even a BA to chop meat or operate the trash pickup truck. Get a clue.

This is one of the most intelligent threads I've seen on this forum, a truly rare occurrence. How refreshing. Too bad people are trying to trash it. Werone deserves a lot of credit for holding his own against the tide of ignorance and hostility. I can't rep him enough.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:03 PM

45,137 posts, read 26,317,877 times
Quote:
Education is very important. The more we educate the masses the better decisions we will make as a whole.

Educators educate bouncers, cops, firemen, sanitation workers, truck mechanics, etc.

We can afford to attract the brightest minds to educate our future. Lets move on , we don't agree. Nuff said.
Who is "we"? Collective policies trample individual freedoms.
Put down the Karl Marxxx

Old 06-15-2012, 12:10 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Put down the Karl Marxxx
What individual freedoms did you have in mind? Owning a gun and shooting at people who cross your lawn? Werone's mistake was to assume that everyone has an interest in the common good. He was assuming the nation had a common interest in giving everyone's kids the best education so the US could maintain its leadership position and its economic competitiveness. How sad that this assumption is considered erroneous by some. There was a time in this nation's history, not so long ago, that this was an appropriate assumption. Bush Jr.'s "No Child Left Behind" program was based on that assumption.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Put down the Karl Marxxx
Karl Marx?

I've never read anything by him.

I know who he is. I'm American, so keep your fear pandering of Marxism to yourself. I served in the US army, I am a proud American.

I am all for individuals, the argument is not about that. It is about the stability of our nation, the welfare of our people and the accountability and responsibility of our collective problems.

If you do not include yourself in "we" or "us" then don't, that is your individual freedom. Move on and add value to some other thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies