Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 10:14 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times

Advertisements

George W. Bush speech after capture of Saddam Hussein:
The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq .The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analysts who found the Dictator’s footprints in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people. Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate them.

Barack Hussein Obama speech, Sunday, May 1, 2011:
And so shortly after taking office, Idirected Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al Qaeda, even as Icontinued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network.Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by myintelligence community, Iwas briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. Imet repeatedly with mynational security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan . And finally, last week,Idetermined that Ihad enough intelligence to take action, and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice.Today, at mydirection, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad , Pakistan .
This is not a likeable man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 10:18 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
WOW yet another whiny Obama hate thread....

Old 06-14-2012, 10:19 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq .The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analysts who found the Dictator’s footprints in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people. Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate them.

And so shortly after taking office, Idirected Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al Qaeda, even as Icontinued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network.Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by myintelligence community, Iwas briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. Imet repeatedly with mynational security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan . And finally, last week,Idetermined that Ihad enough intelligence to take action, and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice.Today, at mydirection, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad , Pakistan .
So humble

Old 06-14-2012, 10:21 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Dont bother, they either truly dont get it, which says a lot for their intellect or lack their of, or they are simply complicit and will do and say anything for their own agenda even if it means supporting a disrespectful, blaming narcissist like Obama.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:25 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post

Good God, really? And if the mission to kill Bin Laden had been botched, you would have been all over his butt for his bungling of it and you would have totally blamed him for every little thing that went wrong.

He is the president and he bears the weight of any success or failure because, ultimately, he makes the final decision.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:27 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Dont bother, they either truly dont get it, which says a lot for their intellect or lack their of, or they are simply complicit and will do and say anything for their own agenda even if it means supporting a disrespectful, blaming narcissist like Obama.
It speaks volumes that you and your ilk spend ALL of your time attempting (and failing) to discredit President Obama. You sit around and listen to Jabba the Hut (aka Rush Limbaugh) get all worked up then post this nonsense. Happens day in and day out. This did not happen under the Bush administration no matter how idiotic his policies happened to be.

Your motivations are transparent. Your agenda is well known. You will not succeed.

OBAMA 2012!!!!

Old 06-14-2012, 10:30 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
If I had a hand in killing Bin Laden, I'd want to take some credit. But if I misled the world on the need to get Saddam Hussein, I'd deflect the credit any way I could.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:41 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So humble

I know Bush said he regretted "mission accomplished" but not for anything, I actually enjoyed a President looking/acting manly. I liked when he jumped on the car with the firefighter after 9/11, I liked him throwing out that first pitch that went right over the plate, I liked that he did that 100k wounded warrior biking and I liked that he went to the Texas ranch for his vacations and I liked him just showing up in Iraq at Thanksgiving without telling the media and going to the vet hospital without announcing it. I didn't like the signing of every spending bill put in front of him or the post-Katrina handling but George Bush the person, I like very much.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:43 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Oh ok.....

Old 06-14-2012, 10:50 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Obama thinks he is king of Obamaworld. Never heard Obama say anything other than I did this in a positive mode .. In sharp contrast to the other negative side of Obama.. Bush did it , or Europe, or the American People did this..etc, etc, all in negative mode to blame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies