Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 10:47 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Snopes verifies that the man credited for writing those e-mails actually did write them---nothing more. Your topic is deliberately misleading.
I'm shocked, I tell you.
Shocked!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 10:50 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
FEAR no man on earth. Once you are afraid of a political figure you give them more power- fear the man that holds a gun to your head...that might be relevant- and do your best to disarm him.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:20 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
Dear mr. obama, you disgust me.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:51 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Dear Mr. President,

You scare me, here are the reasons.

You are Black.
You are Big and Black.
You are educated and Black.
You dress well and are Black.
You make lots of money and are Black.
You have never been to prison and are Black.
You aren't intimidated by other races and are Black.
You don't sell crack and are Black.
You have a wife and kids and are Black.
You aren't the "help" and are Black.
You have a political viewpoint and are Black.
You are the 44th President of the United States of America, and are Black.

Did I mention, you are Black.
Love it! Truth!

Old 06-15-2012, 01:00 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You really don't like Obama because of his race, it seems. I am sure glad that I don't dislike him for the reasons you list.
What's the usual line???...oh yeah!!!

"It's just his politics I don't like"....

Old 06-15-2012, 01:06 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,726,745 times
In retrospect, the only guy who should have been scared of Obama back in 08 should have been Osama bin Laden.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:22 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
My opinion surely coincides with Lovec's, also.

Is there some chance that you can point out some of the better parts of Obama's record as President that have helped the nation? If so, let fly.
Here ya go Roy,

President Obama’s Accomplishments | 3CHICSPOLITICO

Old 06-15-2012, 02:05 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
I received this message from a business executive in an e-mail today and found that Snopes holds it to be not only true but they added more that was written by the man in April 2012 to add to the one originally written in 2009. Snopes holds it to be true and that is the reason they included the newer letter.

Many here will disagree with the last point he made in his first letter but most of them will never read that far, anyway. He merely said that if Obama is re-elected he would be afraid to write the same kind of letter in 8 years which would have been 2017.

The things mentioned in the first letter were very scary even then but today they are better known since we have lived 3 more years. However, the added letter is even scarier.

For those who refuse to read even part of this one, this letter, number one, was sent to the New York Times and a copy went to the President. The Times never even acknowledged receipt of the letter, let alone almost printing it.

The last paragraph of the first letter is chilling but the last paragraph of the second one is at least terrifying in that it probably is too near the truth.

snopes.com: An Open Letter to President Obama - Lou Pritchett
Dear ROY:

Your tabloid OP title reeks of sensationalism and muckraking.

your personal email from Snopes is now considered a source?

Old 06-15-2012, 03:34 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
FEAR no man on earth. Once you are afraid of a political figure you give them more power- fear the man that holds a gun to your head...that might be relevant- and do your best to disarm him.
I don't believe he actually fears the man, but rather the machine which Obama is the puppet of. The Chicago political machine is the most corrupt in the country. It is beyond me how anyone, in their right mind, could believe something good and honest could rise from that fire.

Of the last 8 IL governors, 4 ended up in prison. Ryan, Walker, Kerner, Blago. Thier crimes ranged from bribery, to fraud, to racketeering. Their RAP sheets (record of arrests and prosecutions) read like something from the Godfather.

Governor Rod Blagojevich (D) was charged with conspiracy to commit mail, wire fraud and solicitation of bribery. He was impeached and removed from office by 59-0 votes of the Illinois Senate.(January 28, 2009) On August 17, 2010, he was convicted on just one of 24 federal charges. In a retrial in 2011, he was found guilty on 17 other counts and sentenced to 14 years in prison.
  1. Alonso 'Lon' Monk (D) Chief of Staff to Rod Blagojevich pled quilty to one count of mail fraud and was sentenced to 2 years in prison(2009)
  2. Christopher Kelly (D) Advisor to Rod Blagojevich pled guilty to tax fraud. (2009)
  3. John F. Harris (D) Chief of Staff to Rod Blagojevich, pled quilty to one count of mail fraud and was sentenced to 10 days in prison.(2009) <<<10 days for mail fraud??????? The power of corrupt judges.
Illinois state representative James DeLeo (D-IL) caught in the "Operation Greylord" investigation of corruption in Cook County. He was indicted by a federal grand jury for taking bribes and negotiated guilty plea on a misdemeanor tax offense, and was placed on probation (1992)
Illinois state representative Joe Kotlarz (D-IL) convicted and sentenced to jail for theft and conspiracy for pocketing in about $200,000 for a sale of state land to a company he once served as legal counsel (1997)
Illinois state senator Bruce A. Farley (D-IL) sentenced to 18 months in prison for mail fraud (1999)
Illinois state senator John A. D’Arco Jr. (D-IL) served about 3 years in prison for bribery and extortion (1995)

You need not be afraid of a man, but you should be afraid of the organized crime family that Obama is a member of.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:24 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Dear mr. obama, you disgust me.
President Obama to Ed from California....."Back atcha buddy"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies