Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 03:07 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
President Jimmy Carter stayed until the final pitch in constant rain last night to see his Atlanta Brave get beat by the Yankees. I have never been more proud of him.
You are proud of someone who doesn't have enough sense then to come in out of the rain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 03:21 PM

147 posts, read 135,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Carter was the worst, the well-spoken and clean idiot squatting in the White House took that honor from him.

Carter did deregulate the airline industry and the rairlroad industry. Both very good things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Oh, yes. Denying 466 American athletes the chance to compete against the best of the best in the 1980 Olympic Games. That really showed those Ruskies what we thought of them.
really without an american life lost he caused the russians to collapse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You are proud of someone who doesn't have enough sense then to come in out of the rain?
Ok rightys read his very criticized address to the nation. If rightys really cared about america they would have listened. We would not have gone to the ME for the oil companies, we would tell them to f off in just words not bombs that just in Iraq cost us 1-3 billion dollars and many lives and we probably would not have had 9-11 if we would not have been supporting so many horrible dictators in their region so oil companies could make so much money.

once again Carter was right,,, energy independence is a matter of national security...

Address to the Nation on Energy (April 18, 1977) Jimmy Carter

Transcript
Quote:
Good evening.
Tonight I want to have an unpleasant talk with you about a problem that is unprecedented in our history. With the exception of preventing war, this is the greatest challenge that our country will face during our lifetime.
The energy crisis has not yet overwhelmed us, but it will if we do not act quickly. It’s a problem that we will not be able to solve in the next few years, and it’s likely to get progressively worse through the rest of this century.

We must not be selfish or timid if we hope to have a decent world for our children and our grandchildren. We simply must balance our demand for energy with our rapidly shrinking resources. By acting now we can control our future instead of letting the future control us.

Two days from now, I will present to the Congress my energy proposals.. Its Members will be my partners, and they have already given me a great deal of valuable advice.

Many of these proposals will be unpopular. Some will cause you to put up with inconveniences and to make sacrifices. The most important thing about these proposals is that the alternative may be a national catastrophe. Further delay can affect our strength and our power as a nation.

Our decision about energy will test the character of the American people and the ability of the President and the Congress to govern this Nation. This difficult effort will be the “moral equivalent of war,” except that we will be uniting our efforts to build and not to destroy.

Last edited by inventor1; 06-17-2012 at 03:44 PM..

Old 06-17-2012, 03:36 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
President Carter is much maligned but people forget that he brokered a peace between Egypt & Israel that lasts to this day. The man deserves the utmost respect for this accomplishment alone.
He did not broker a peace between Egypt and Israel. He bought one using taxpayer money. The only good thing anyone can say about Carter is that he was not anti-American, like the current President.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
He did not broker a peace between Egypt and Israel. He bought one using taxpayer money. The only good thing anyone can say about Carter is that he was not anti-American, like the current President.
ya world peace should only be funded by trust fund rightys like the Koch brothers and invasions to make more rightys in the military industrial complex richer, and many dead..

I did not realize citizens united decision by the supreme idiots was that far reaching...

Old 06-17-2012, 04:07 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
President Jimmy Carter stayed until the final pitch in constant rain last night to see his Atlanta Brave get beat by the Yankees. I have never been more proud of him.

To paraphrase Michelle Obama- "For the first time in my life, I am proud of Jimmy Carter".

Old 06-17-2012, 04:33 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
President Carter is the first victim in the confluence of media propagandists and smear merchants that was ushered in under Reagan and has grown to where it is today. Lee Atwater helped lead the character assassination of Pres. Carter, and it was kept going strong by Karl Rove for the 8 years while the idiot frat boy was President.

Pres. Carter was about energy conservation and was laughed at, Pres. Carter was about peace, and was laughed at.

America is a very sick country, and look at the denigrating posts of trained sheep attacking Carter and you can see this sickness in full bloom and how it has grown over the past 30 years
I think that was the end of the America that we knew. Carter was vilified for telling the truth about the impending disaster of budget deficits that the republicans wanted to operate with. Instead of making the rich pay their fair share of taxes, the republicans wanted the country to run in the red and put off the bill for the future. And Reagan was such an irresponsible idiot when it came to spending, not conservative at all.

I don't really recognize this country anymore. There is so much hate now. All the GOP does is attack everyone. The DFL is completely hamstrung by every special interest that hitches their wagon to it. Money, money, money has ruined everything.

Old 06-17-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think that was the end of the America that we knew. Carter was vilified for telling the truth about the impending disaster of budget deficits that the republicans wanted to operate with. Instead of making the rich pay their fair share of taxes, the republicans wanted the country to run in the red and put off the bill for the future. And Reagan was such an irresponsible idiot when it came to spending, not conservative at all.

I don't really recognize this country anymore. There is so much hate now. All the GOP does is attack everyone. The DFL is completely hamstrung by every special interest that hitches their wagon to it. Money, money, money has ruined everything.
The hate you are referring to was patented by the elimination of the fairness doctrine. Before if there was a partisan point of view the oposing side got equal time. as a side note it was reygun who eliminated it, and rightys do not want it, yet they play the crying game of we rightys are such victims of the liberal media. That righty owned media. But by elimination of the fairness doctrine it allowed those who own the media to prevent liberal balance so Rush became the first national hater on the airwaves. Though and still not counted the righty religious hate has been and still is huge propaganda unopposed by equal time by liberals.

As we know there is not one national liberal on the radio with political talk for years. Yet the number of righty haters like rush, oliely, insanity, mcved, allan keys, dr laura, luara ingram, beck, huckybee, and on an on. estimated at 95% plus far righty. and the rightys play the victim game, are they sick or delusional.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:11 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Carter administration also negotiated the hostages out, but republicans traded arms for hostages so that the release of the hostages would coincide with Reagan's first days in office. Carter would never stoop so low.

Good point. Why doesn't anyone else think they were guilty of treason? That to me was the number ! slimy political act in our history.

I don't remotely understand how anyone can tolerate that behavior.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:11 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Carter did more in 4 years than the twit that followed did in 8... well except tripling the deficit... Reagan beat him hands down on that one. Oh and growing government, oh and raising taxes, oh and taking out all the negative impacts to inflation, should I mention Star Wars or the Missile defense system? ..... Tell me again why Reagan was liked?
Yeo he did alot and Obama is followig i his footsteps. He neevr did sqaut about double digit unemplopyent and inflation. Bascailly he was a nice giuy but he was a terrible leader and president.Can't change results.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:36 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Is that the one where Garrett Morris played JC's "giant satisfied" nurse?

You Betcha! JC became the Incredible Giant President and the cleaning lady played by Garrett was the only women large enough to satisfy him much to Rosalyn's (played by Curtin) sorrow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies