Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:23 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Explorer View Post
I am a registered Democrat. I voted against Bush in both of his elections.

Carter was one of the worst, if not the worst, president in the management of both foreign affairs and the economy. In addition to that, he is the all-time worst ex-president. He has disgraced the office of the presidency by gallavanting around the world literally embracing terrorists and murderers.

The Face of Evil: Hamas and Jimmy Carter - Atlas Shrugs
The Damage of Jimmy Carter - US News and World Report
Jimmy Carter Embraces Hamas Official
Jimmy Carter and Hamas - Washington Times
I was a registered Republican until 2008, and I also voted against Bush in both of his elections. I also voted against Carter, twice. I am in complete agreement with your assessment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 10:07 PM

147 posts, read 135,247 times
ya have to love declassifying documents.... article 2008
U.S. may have had role in shah's fall - Los Angeles Times

Quote:
BEIRUT — A new report based on previously classified documents suggests that the Nixon and Ford administrations created conditions that helped destabilize Iran in the late 1970s and contributed to the country's Islamic Revolution.
Quote:
Analysts and historians often contend that President Carter, a Democrat, fumbled Iran, allowing the country to eventually become one of the chief U.S. opponents in the region. But the report suggests that his Republican predecessors not only contributed to the shah's fall but also were inching toward a realignment with Saudi Arabia as the key U.S. ally in the Persian Gulf.
Quote:
As high oil prices in the early 1970s began strangling the U.S. economy, Washington began to sour on Iran, the documents suggest. After an oil embargo over American support of Israel ended in March 1974, U.S. officials considered the shah the principal culprit in keeping oil prices from falling and wanted him to put on the brakes. At one point, Rumsfeld, who later served as the current President Bush's Defense secretary, warned Iran's chief arms procurement official that Tehran was losing friends in Washington.

Last edited by inventor1; 06-20-2012 at 10:17 PM..

Old 06-21-2012, 07:48 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Well done inventor

Old 06-21-2012, 02:14 PM

147 posts, read 135,247 times
Of cource people did not know of as I spoke the Nixon cause of the oil issues back then, where now people understand it much more. Carter did something about it that was a long term solution. But then ReyGun came in and dismantled the department of energy and again we can directly now say because of reygun telling people government is bad we ended up with our present energy situation and a war in Iraq. Again Carters speech that the rightys went ape wild over and were not intellectually able to understand has cause a clear and forever danger to the USA. I argue that the rightys political hate back then instead of solving the energy issue have destroyed our economic competitiveness.

Carter was correct energy is a matter on national security, and it has caused us wars and trillions of dollars.

again looking at what he said here rightys tell us where he is wrong here. You preferred to make political points there vs accepting responsibility that he was correct. again with the exception of preventing war, that's what has happened Bush went to war over oil.

Address to the Nation on Energy (April 18, 1977) Jimmy Carter

Transcript
Quote:
Good evening.
Tonight I want to have an unpleasant talk with you about a problem that is unprecedented in our history. With the exception of preventing war, this is the greatest challenge that our country will face during our lifetime.
The energy crisis has not yet overwhelmed us, but it will if we do not act quickly. It’s a problem that we will not be able to solve in the next few years, and it’s likely to get progressively worse through the rest of this century.

We must not be selfish or timid if we hope to have a decent world for our children and our grandchildren. We simply must balance our demand for energy with our rapidly shrinking resources. By acting now we can control our future instead of letting the future control us.

Two days from now, I will present to the Congress my energy proposals.. Its Members will be my partners, and they have already given me a great deal of valuable advice.

Many of these proposals will be unpopular. Some will cause you to put up with inconveniences and to make sacrifices. The most important thing about these proposals is that the alternative may be a national catastrophe. Further delay can affect our strength and our power as a nation.

Our decision about energy will test the character of the American people and the ability of the President and the Congress to govern this Nation. This difficult effort will be the “moral equivalent of war,†except that we will be uniting our efforts to build and not to destroy.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:32 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Carter administration also negotiated the hostages out, but republicans traded arms for hostages so that the release of the hostages would coincide with Reagan's first days in office. Carter would never stoop so low.
Iran was scared crapless that Reagan would drop a bomb on them. That is what freed the hostages.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:35 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
President Carter's finest moment.

When he lost the election to Reagan....

Old 06-23-2012, 08:37 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Carter did more in 4 years than the twit that followed did in 8... well except tripling the deficit... Reagan beat him hands down on that one. Oh and growing government, oh and raising taxes, oh and taking out all the negative impacts to inflation, should I mention Star Wars or the Missile defense system? ..... Tell me again why Reagan was liked?
He won the Cold War, orchestrated the greatest economic expansion in the last 40 years, gave America respect in the world and gave Americans pride again after Carter.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:44 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
He won the Cold War, orchestrated the greatest economic expansion in the last 40 years, gave America respect in the world and gave Americans pride again after Carter.
This, folks, is the power of propaganda. On display.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:46 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This, folks, is the power of propaganda. On display.
No, this is the power of truth, Carter was a wimp in plain English.

Only person who thinks he was a great leader is his buddy:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies