Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 12:29 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,667,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Please feel free to insert a link that banned the one drop rule. Thank you in advance.
No wonder America is so screwed up and skin color obsessed.

One Drop Rule laws were overturned by the Supreme Court including those slipped in under Jim Crow. You are decades behind. Spread the word.

Quote:
Adhere to? As far as I know to date when you give birth and one parent is Black the infant is classified as Black.
Race and ethnicity is no longer collected on newborns, at least not in most states. You are decades behind on this as well. When the mother applies for a birth certificate it may ask for her race/ethnicity which she self-reports and it's for statistical purposes only (supposedly). The race/ethnicity of the child is no longer recorded on the birth certificate, at least not in any state that I know of. For statistical purposes, the ethnicity of the child would be the same as the mother reported herself to be.

Quote:
There is no box for "mulatto" or half and half where you get to check the race of each half of you.
You can check off more than one, all that apply, which is what most people do if forced to answer the question.

Quote:
Race determination was designed to appease and cover up and the rapes of the white slave masters. Now that it is no longer conducive to white folks you want us to forget about that dirty little transgression?
And here you are unwittingly adhering to the white supremacist slavemaster concept of [the outlawed] One Drop Rule that was instituted by these very people for purposes of 'white' racial purity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 01:06 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
I did not know so many white people were experts on being black. I have never eaten chitlins and pig feet in my life. I did not eat collard greens until I was 12 years old. Even though I am black I am from the West Indies where the food is entirely different. I try to maintain a healthy lifestyle, so I rarely get down to soul food. I guess in the eyes of some it makes me less black.
Oh grow up. You're from the Caribbean pigs feet is an American southern food. It's obvious who ever you're replying to is referring to African Americans not all blacks all across the globe. Why do folks have to be so literal or exact around here?

Old 06-16-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
What does who was present in his life vs. whose sperm made his existence possible have to do with his race?

No matter how many irrational statements are made in the sad attempts to make his white half dominant in the equation, it doesn't change white America's one drop rule. He's identifies himself as Black and is still the first black POTUS.

Funny how evil came back to bite massa in the ass.
Because of your obsession with whites you and many other AA posters can't comprehend her point. Why would a people embrace the racial definition of their oppressors? It's bizarre but I hear Israel defines a Jew using the same criteria as the Nazis. Maybe it's some sort of Stockholm Syndrome.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:43 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,667,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Why would a people embrace the racial definition of their oppressors? It's bizarre
Yes, it is bizarre.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:16 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,255,956 times
Quote:
Oh grow up. You're from the Caribbean pigs feet is an American southern food. It's obvious who ever you're replying to is referring to African Americans not all blacks all across the globe. Why do folks have to be so literal or exact around here?
I thought pig's feet was Korean and Okinawan food. In Korea, a dish known as jokbal consists of pig's feet cooked in soy sauce, garlic, ginger and cheongju (rice wine). The Okinawans have a similar dish called tebitchi.
Jokbal
Tebichi

Koreans and Okinawans have been consuming pig's feet long before the United States of America (and "American southern" or "soul" food) came into existence. Pig's feet are also used in assorted dishes in China, the Philippines, Mexico, and other several other countries throughout the world.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:19 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,255,956 times
Quote:
Why would a people embrace the racial definition of their oppressors? It's bizarre but I hear Israel defines a Jew using the same criteria as the Nazis. Maybe it's some sort of Stockholm Syndrome.
It's not the "Stockholm syndrome" -- it's the "colonial mentality."

Old 06-16-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
I thought pig's feet was Korean and Okinawan food. In Korea, a dish known as jokbal consists of pig's feet cooked in soy sauce, garlic, ginger and cheongju (rice wine). The Okinawans have a similar dish called tebitchi.
Jokbal
Tebichi

Koreans and Okinawans have been consuming pig's feet long before the United States of America (and "American southern" or "soul" food) came into existence. Pig's feet are also used in assorted dishes in China, the Philippines, Mexico, and other several other countries throughout the world.
Fascinating but that's not how pig feet became part of African American or southern cuisine. You do realize cultures and cuisine can develop organically and independent of other cultures.

Another fail.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:35 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,182,815 times
Quote:
We were not treated civilly because some people have a false sense of superiorty and delusions of grandier. Additionally, evil and low self esteem comes into play as well. Those who had slaves had a combination of all of the aforementioned.

You are entitled to your opinion but I think those who owned slaves did not envision slavery ever ending, nor did they anticipate the fallout if and when it did. Unfortunately, their evil became a part of history that will live forever.
Thank you, Purple, but, but history should be put on the shelf! Don't forget it but stop beating a dead horse! You have no idea how angry the "race card" gets white people. Some people, who really have nothing against blacks, who look at them as just people but this "race card" crap just wears away the humanity in them. Really. I tell you the truth but you not want to hear that.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:37 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,489,914 times
Maybe there should also be the question, 'How Mittens became White." Because, Romney is a Mexican American and seems so ashamed of it. The racists don't seem to focus on Romney's mongrel background (as they might describe the mixed race heritage).

Old 06-16-2012, 02:39 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
It's not the "Stockholm syndrome" -- it's the "colonial mentality."
If you're right about colonial mentality: the people who believe that stuff about themselves are free to leave the US. This ain't N Korea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies