Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 06:19 AM

833 posts, read 1,713,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Uh? parents don't teach their kids about sex hence all of the "Maury Povich/ DNA test/Jerry Springer shows on TV!
I had Sex Ed classes in the 7th. grade and knew about contraception and STDs then! Education is fundemental!
Why not teach kids at a early age?

In our public school, the parents are asked to come to the school for an informative meeting about what will be taught in sex ed.

The instructors tell the parents exactly what topics they will be discussing and tell the parents they may opt out their children if they want.

None do because our school doesn't have lunatics teaching sex ed .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 06:25 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Everyone realizes this.
Not the parents who are like "OMG my 5th grader! Their fragile minds!"

Old 06-15-2012, 06:31 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Not the parents who are like "OMG my 5th grader! Their fragile minds!"
Very, very few complain about simple sex ed facts being taught. It's done hundreds of thousands of times every school year.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:41 AM

833 posts, read 1,713,851 times
and public schools wonder why they are losing students to private schools and homeschooling ?

PERVERTED teachers !

Old 06-15-2012, 07:55 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
7th? That's too freaking late.

We had our first sex education in 5th grade. Yes, because girls at 11 were already getting their periods, and the school thought it best to start teaching about sex ed at the time. We learned about condoms and the like, as well as what happens if you have sex without protection. Although, I already knew about sex by the time I was 8 years old. My parents were very forward thinking.
This was being taught in the 1980s so Sex Ed was rare back then to begin with! It was impressive though! I drew fallopian tubes and how nasty Vaginas are and the whole birth process!

Old 06-15-2012, 08:15 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Kids need to learn how gay sex works.

I still don't know what goes where, or what feels good.
Does that mean you are a follower rather than a leader??

Old 06-15-2012, 08:29 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
It sounds like he gave a very clinical explanation and one that was not inappropriate if they are going to have an HIV/AIDS curriculum at all.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:39 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Kids need to learn how gay sex works.

I still don't know what goes where, or what feels good.
No, KIDS really don't need to learn that and certainly not at school. KIDS shouldn't be dabbling in sex in 5th grade.

While the rest of the 1st world nations are excelling in teaching their students foreign languages, math, science, technology the Progressive agenda in US schools is to teach gay sex.

And people wonder why the US education is so bad when we pour private school tuition amounts in to spending per student at public school. Next time, I'll simply reply: "Because it is more important to teach 5th graders about gay sex than algebra or a second language.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:00 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
No, KIDS really don't need to learn that and certainly not at school. KIDS shouldn't be dabbling in sex in 5th grade.

While the rest of the 1st world nations are excelling in teaching their students foreign languages, math, science, technology the Progressive agenda in US schools is to teach gay sex.

And people wonder why the US education is so bad when we pour private school tuition amounts in to spending per student at public school. Next time, I'll simply reply: "Because it is more important to teach 5th graders about gay sex than algebra or a second language.
Since when is oral sex only a gay thing?

Most of the first world nations have a better, more comprehensive, sexual education. Surprisingly the countries with better sex ed also tend to have lower teen pregnancy/abortion rates, and lower STD transmission rates among teens.

Teenage pregnancy statistics - Countries Compared - NationMaster
Abortions statistics - countries compared - NationMaster

Old 06-15-2012, 09:08 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Most of the first world nations have a better, more comprehensive, sexual education. Surprisingly the countries with better sex ed also tend to have lower teen pregnancy/abortion rates, and lower STD transmission rates among teens.
I am not arguing against sex ed but it's not this simple.

Would you say that sex ed is more comprehensive today or 40 years ago? I would say today.

Is teen pregnancy and and STD's lower today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies