Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 01:45 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,823,092 times

Advertisements

Ha ha!! He plead guilty on Federa charges, but now he has been slapped with STATE charges!!

They are gonna try to nail this little evil urchin any way they can!! And I am LOVIN' IT!!

Dogs do not deserve Vick's cruelty! Let's end this rap/ghetto culture of dogfighting! PRISON FOR VICK!!

Here is the scoop:

Falcons' QB Michael Vick, 3 co-defendants indicted on state charges related to dogfighting (2007)

By HANK KURZ Jr., AP Sports Writer
September 25, 2007

SUSSEX, Va. (AP) -- Michael Vick and three co-defendants were indicted by a grand jury Tuesday on state charges related to a dogfighting ring operated on Vick's Virginia property.

Moderator cut: do not repost copyrighted articles

Last edited by Yac; 12-13-2007 at 04:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 01:50 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,136,207 times
Semi-local story.. (http://www.wvec.com/news/topstories/stories/wvec_local_092407_vick_grand_jury.106228dd0.html - broken link)

For those who may want to read the story from a newspaper not too far from the incident...

Old 09-25-2007, 01:58 PM

26,687 posts, read 41,588,975 times
there is no way he WON'T be convicted on state charges. He pled guility in fed court so that's all the evidence poindexter needs to lock vick up.

Old 09-25-2007, 02:28 PM

5,161 posts, read 11,410,247 times
Good, I hope they put the scum bag away for a long time and anyone who does what he did, too!

Old 09-25-2007, 08:46 PM

26,687 posts, read 41,588,975 times
did anyone watch that espn town hall meeting about vick tonight? if so what were key moments and will it air again?

Old 09-25-2007, 10:36 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,525,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
Ha ha!! He plead guilty on Federa charges, but now he has been slapped with STATE charges!!

They are gonna try to nail this little evil urchin any way they can!! And I am LOVIN' IT!!

Dogs do not deserve Vick's cruelty! Let's end this rap/ghetto culture of dogfighting! PRISON FOR VICK!!

Here is the scoop:

Falcons' QB Michael Vick, 3 co-defendants indicted on state charges related to dogfighting (2007)

By HANK KURZ Jr., AP Sports Writer
September 25, 2007

SUSSEX, Va. (AP) -- Michael Vick and three co-defendants were indicted by a grand jury Tuesday on state charges related to a dogfighting ring operated on Vick's Virginia property.
Moderator cut: do not repost copyrighted articles
Just out of curiosity, what does rap and the ghetto have to do with dog fighting?

Last edited by Yac; 12-13-2007 at 04:51 AM..

Old 09-27-2007, 03:17 PM

164 posts, read 462,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post

Dogs do not deserve Vick's cruelty! Let's end this rap/ghetto culture of dogfighting!
Yes, let us. Then we can start on all the other cultures of animal cruelty.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
there is no way he WON'T be convicted on state charges. He pled guility in fed court so that's all the evidence poindexter needs to lock vick up.
The state charges have NOTHING to do with the FEd charges. They are unrelated.

he MIGHT go up the road on state charges as well. But if he is smart, he will plea GUILTY on the state charges so his federal and state sentences can run CONCURRENTLY (at the same time) vs. CONSECUTIVELY (serve feds first then go serve more time on state prision)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Good, I hope they put the scum bag away for a long time and anyone who does what he did, too!
I am hoping he will do some real time. Mind you, I am not a dog-lover (I like cats). I am just sick of animal abuse. >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what does rap and the ghetto have to do with dog fighting?
Doesn't rap and ghetto cultures GLORIFY dogfighting, drug use, killing people, slapping "hoes" (women), etc?

Rap and "ghetto fabulous" cultures glorify this stuff. That is why many rappers and ghetto people are often discovered with tons of dogs (DMX's house in AZ was just raided with dead dogs and suspected of dogfighting).

Take a drive to any ghetto in any major city and there are pits all over.

Some rap videos on MTV show rappers betting on dogfights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marya View Post
Yes, let us. Then we can start on all the other cultures of animal cruelty.
Are you talking about fishing or eating chicken??? I hope you don't think THAT is "animal cruelty".

Old 09-27-2007, 04:46 PM

Arrow More trouble for scumbag, Michael Vick.

Michael Vick Tests Positive for Marijuana (2007)
Wednesday, September 26, 2007

RICHMOND, Va. —

A federal judge placed tighter restrictions on Michael Vick on Wednesday after he tested positive for marijuana.

Because of the result, U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson placed special conditions on Vick's release, including restricting him to his home between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. and ordering him to submit to random drug testing.

The urine sample was submitted Sept. 13, according to a document by a federal probation officer that was filed in U.S. District Court on Wednesday.
Vick, who admitted bankrolling a dogfighting operation on property he owns in Surry County in his written federal plea, is scheduled for sentencing Dec. 10.
The home confinement will include electronic monitoring. Vick also was ordered to submit to random drug testing.

On Tuesday, Vick was indicted on state charges related to a dogfighting ring operated on his property. He pleaded guilty to dogfighting conspiracy charges in federal court last month.

Vick was placed under pretrial release supervision by U.S. Magistrate Dennis Dohnal in July. His restrictions included refraining from use or unlawful possession of narcotic drugs or other controlled substances.

Hudson's order on Wednesday also requires Vick to participate in inpatient or outpatient substance therapy and mental health counseling, if the pretrial services officer or supervising officer deem it appropriate. Vick must pay for the treatment.

Vick's attorney, Billy Martin, did not immediately respond to an e-mail seeking comment.

FOXNews.com - Michael Vick Tests Positive for Marijuana - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Old 09-27-2007, 05:18 PM

5,161 posts, read 11,410,247 times
[quote=Nirvana-Guy;1596832]
I am hoping he will do some real time. Mind you, I am not a dog-lover (I like cats). I am just sick of animal abuse. >_<

Me, too, hence my name "Katzenfreund"
But no animal on this whole wide earth should be treated the way these scumbags treated those poor dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies