Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2012, 09:05 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michman1968 View Post
well since you have no problem with animals breeding like this. You should pay for them. I bet you are part of the % that pay no federal taxes also. Easy to say when it doesn't come out of your pocket. So what will these kids become. The girls will do as thier mothers did get knocked up at 15 and keep breeding. The boys will grow up and spread thier seed like the dad did. Most likely become criminals and cost the taxpayers more money.

Its a cycle of crime and poverty and the people that do nothing for themselves yet they always complain about needing this or that. How sad that you see nothing wrong with this. It speaks volumes of what is wrong in this country.

They should be shamed and not given free stuff
There's nothing in my post that says anything approving of the behavior. I said, focusing on this is nonsense. It is an exceedingly rare occurrence. While, oh say, cheating on Wall Street is common. Control of the American diet by unscrupulous ag companies and processors who use food additives to create addictions in nearly all Americans to unhealthy foods is common. Manipulation of world markets by futures traders is common. And about a bazillion other threats of magnitude. These things cost us dearly and compromise our health and futures. But the typical American wants to vilify pockets of jerks here and there because Jerry Springer type issues are more fun to jeer about -- than difficult issues are to understand and seek solutions to.

And, btw, you are right, I pay no federal taxes. Although I used to pay them, I am now exempt as a multi-disabled combat veteran. I paid up already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 09:54 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
i'm kinda thinkin lorana bobbett..

Old 06-16-2012, 10:06 PM

61 posts, read 40,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
There's nothing in my post that says anything approving of the behavior. I said, focusing on this is nonsense. It is an exceedingly rare occurrence. While, oh say, cheating on Wall Street is common. Control of the American diet by unscrupulous ag companies and processors who use food additives to create addictions in nearly all Americans to unhealthy foods is common. Manipulation of world markets by futures traders is common. And about a bazillion other threats of magnitude. These things cost us dearly and compromise our health and futures. But the typical American wants to vilify pockets of jerks here and there because Jerry Springer type issues are more fun to jeer about -- than difficult issues are to understand and seek solutions to.

And, btw, you are right, I pay no federal taxes. Although I used to pay them, I am now exempt as a multi-disabled combat veteran. I paid up already.

yes but people should be able to control themselves. You just give an easy out when you just give excuses. Black people can control what they do and how they act. They can make a choice of school or dealing drugs. They can decide not to be a hoodrat and do the right thing.

Your rantings has nothing to do about what they can control. Would life not be easier if they just tried to do the right things in life. Learn a trade go to school. Do something anything to improve thier own life. Empower themselves than they can help to change things. being poor and stupid at the end of the day is poor and stupid.

Again stop the excuses its old and tired.

I have been flat broke 3 times in my life and never gave in and now I am doing alright

Old 06-16-2012, 10:08 PM

61 posts, read 40,052 times
want to add. See you did something for yourself. I do thankyou for the serving this country. I am not just blowing smoke here. I have huge respect for the military and have many family members in the services.

you did for yourself why don't you expect others to do for themselves?

Old 06-16-2012, 10:59 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
yes but people should be able to control themselves. You just give an easy out when you just give excuses. Black people can control what they do and how they act. They can make a choice of school or dealing drugs. They can decide not to be a hoodrat and do the right thing.

Your rantings has nothing to do about what they can control. Would life not be easier if they just tried to do the right things in life. Learn a trade go to school. Do something anything to improve thier own life. Empower themselves than they can help to change things. being poor and stupid at the end of the day is poor and stupid.

Again stop the excuses its old and tired.

I have been flat broke 3 times in my life and never gave in and now I am doing alright
Quote:
want to add. See you did something for yourself. I do thankyou for the serving this country. I am not just blowing smoke here. I have huge respect for the military and have many family members in the services.

you did for yourself why don't you expect others to do for themselves?
Show me rants and excuses in my posts ... show me where I don't expect others to do for themselves.

What I wrote is, again: while many Americans focus on Jerry Springer type antics of a very small number of silly people doing stupid things -- such as the guys and women in the OP story -- an infestation of real rats of epidemic proportions is getting away with ALL the cheese.

Example, because you mentioned you are respectful of the military: 2,966 Americans were killed in acts of terror on 9/11. Following which G.W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz, and Donald Rumsfeld concocted a bullsh*t story that sent 4,474 Americans to their deaths in response ... while also maiming tens of thousands more Americans and killing over 100,000 Iraqi's, mostly non-combatants.

But you want to stamp your feet about two knuckleheads in Tennessee that don't know where the zipper is to their pants -- as if that kind of nonsense threatens America?

As for me going to war: how was that doing something for myself? I was a kid (17) responding to a call from my country to service. As it turned out, no one got served in any productive ways. Just a bunch of youngsters killed and maimed on both sides to fatten the wallets and egos of a bunch of pencil necks in government and corporate offices.

But thanks for the thoughts.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:18 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
"Three men in Tennessee have notched up a staggering 78 children by 46 different women between them - and are doing their best to squirm out of paying for a single one. Terry Turnage has 23 children with 17 different women, while Richard M. Colbert has 25 children with 18 women. But Desmond Hatchett takes the record with 30 children with 11 women. On rare occasions, they pay a few dollars to the long-suffering mothers but mostly leave the state to pick up the slack - while one eludes his responsibilities altogether thanks to a stint in prison."

Read more: Tennessee's deadbeat dads: The three men who have 81 children by 46 different women... and they're not paying child support to any of them | Mail Online

Welfare reform, anyone?

Screw welfare...lets talk sterilization... nothing this irresponsible needs the ability to produce.

I have no problem with sterilization on those that continue to produce yet provide nothing for those offspring.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:08 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
Few posters were calling for Castration of these men but find vasectomy to be mutilation?

Few posters chalk this up to black culture but ignore communities of white people doing the same thing. Case in point the FLDS; only it's One Man, multiples wives, thousands of children all living on welfare because according to their scripture they are milking the beast. """"

Amen to that! But racist can't use that for their platform of hate....so they choose to ignore it.

Few Posters mentioned Abortion but I have yet to see antichoicers praising these women for keeping their babies. """

Nope, I haven't seen that either! Not one Anti-choicer has said what precious gifts these children are....just whine like babies because a penny of their taxes might go to feed these "innocent lives"

"""Welfare reform this, welfare reform that. Isn't Tennessee one of many states trying to restrict access to contraceptives and abortions?
Can you believe it!?? People today not knowing the difference between castration and a vasectomy! And they actually post opinions!
How 'bout the one who thought vasectomies were the same as female genitalia mutilation (which they thought was done to keep women "chaste")...and they dare to comment on the sexual habits of others??!!!

Old 06-17-2012, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I've never been on welfare but simple calculations suggest that once you're on time-limited welfare, the marginal dollars available for having additional children is very much not worth it.

Are these people also bad at math?
OK, I'm bad at math but it seems to me these women each had only 1 or 2 children...it was the men who had 78...

Old 06-17-2012, 06:22 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OK, I'm bad at math but it seems to me these women each had only 1 or 2 children...it was the men who had 78...
So then, those women are responsible for providing for those children, right?

Not me, not you.

Cut them off of the government system.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
So then, those women are responsible for providing for those children, right?

Not me, not you."""

I will decide what I'm responsible for, NOT YOU! And, yes, as an American citizen who cares about the strength of my country I believe in helping the poor ...and Jesus agrees with me even if Repug/conservative/Anti-Abortionists think Jesus and I are nuts.

"""Cut them off of the government system.
No, I don't believe in letting their children, those "precious gifts", those "innocent lives",
starve to death as you would LOVE to see....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies