Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 05:27 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,262,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
For the record, I'm neither Republican nor Democrat, I vote based on the issues that are most important to me as a person. For the record, I believe that many Democratic Senators have gone on the record to state that they were provided flawed information which resulted in their vote. Again, it's coming back to bite them in the a*s, not because they were wrong in voting yes, but because it is obvious that this is the only legitimite ammunition that they have for the upcoming election. I didn't want to go searching youtube for verbal defenses, but I did locate some poignent information. At the end of the day, I will continue to say that most of the Politicians of today can be "bought" and "sold". Some of these idiots probably still would have voted for the War, even if the intelligence had been correct - then again, some might not.
The Senate Intelligence Committee concluded that prewar U.S. intelligence assessments of an unconventional weapons arsenal in Iraq were exaggerated and unsupported by evidence. The administration used the intelligence as a reason for U.S. military action, but the Senate report showed most of it was wrong.

Moderator cut: do not repost copyrighted articles
In other words, Kerry voted for the war, but only on the understanding that it was going to go well. Sounds just like him.

And it's "pertinent", not "poignant". Interesting substitution, though.

Last edited by Yac; 12-13-2007 at 04:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 09:47 PM

7 posts, read 28,611 times
Lightbulb Ron Paul is the One

Vote for Ron Paul in the Primaries-

He WILL get us out of Iraq and our troops home!

Change to Republican if you haven't already.

The deadline is October 12th, 2007 in both New York and New Hampshire.

Do it now if you care about this country.

Otherwise- we all lose.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:24 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,533,048 times
Oh, please, dream on. A lot of people will avoid Ron Paul like the plaque once it becomes exposed to more people that he actually wants to legalize drugs. This notion doesn't even set well with most Democrats, much less Republicans.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:29 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,533,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Any comment on the video...? You Defeatcrats love to avoid topics in this forum.
You know, decades ago George Wallace said there wasn't a dime's worth of difference between the Republicans and the Democrats. So if Gore won in 2000 instead of Bush, we probably would have still gone to war in Iraq and most Republicans today would have just the opposite opinion about the Iraq war. Like the Democrats now they would be clamoring for America to get out of Iraq and to impeach Gore.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:51 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,312,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You know, decades ago George Wallace said there wasn't a dime's worth of difference between the Republicans and the Democrats. So if Gore won in 2000 instead of Bush, we probably would have still gone to war in Iraq and most Republicans today would have just the opposite opinion about the Iraq war. Like the Democrats now they would be clamoring for America to get out of Iraq and to impeach Gore.
You might be right. We need a strong third party.

I just get a kick how much the Democrats still say President George Bush Junior LIED about going into Iraq for WMDs and Iraq's support for international terrorism. More videos are coming out everyday exposing these Democrats. That one tape even has John Edwards saying Iraq must be stopped!

Old 10-04-2007, 04:17 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,119,354 times
Proud, please stop this isanity, several reports have demonstrated the cherry picking of intelligence that used and how he did not reveal much of the contrary intelligence to the Congress.

We have witness the most incompetent administration possible in W and his GOP apologists etc, so spare me this Democrats crap.

Get a "kick" indeed.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:40 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,573,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
In other words, Kerry voted for the war, but only on the understanding that it was going to go well. Sounds just like him.

And it's "pertinent", not "poignant". Interesting substitution, though.
Thank you for pointing out my spelling error My whole post was not to defend any of the Dems who voted. As I have said many times before on here, that they are all crooks. The point of my post was to point out that the intelligence presented was flawed and misrepresented. Furthermore, the information indented was from an article online, not my words defending Gore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
[b]Proud, please stop this isanity, several reports have demonstrated the cherry picking of intelligence that used and how he did not reveal much of the contrary intelligence to the Congress.

We have witness the most incompetent administration possible in W and his GOP apologists etc, so spare me this Democrats crap.
Isn't this the truth. You should have capitalized INCOMPETENT

Old 10-16-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Proud, please stop this isanity, several reports have demonstrated the cherry picking of intelligence that used and how he did not reveal much of the contrary intelligence to the Congress.

Get a "kick" indeed.
OK, I'll stop posting these facts.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:05 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,165,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Bush told the Congress and the people that there was a terrorism connection between Al Qaeda and Iraq. ACTUALLY he was REQUIRED TO under the law that authorized forced against Afghanistan. READ THE LAW. Congress had given him "carte blanche" to go after the terrorists. But for Iraq, the invasion to "fight terrorism" turned out to be based on a few aluminum pipes and low grade unreliable informants (probably including Ahmed Chalabi, now disgraced and probably a double-agent with Iran). Bush's decision turned out to be an IRRESPONSIBLE and RECKLESS act. Let's see you blame Congress for this, Semper Fi!

So of course a Right Wing militarist like yourself has the gall to BLAME DEMOCRATS IN CONGRESS for the disingenuous sleaze of our God-fearing President. "They will welcome us with flowers in the streets," said Rumsfeld. Cynical money-grubbing neo-cons, one and all!
Lets not forget that much of the Intel was of Britsh origin. Fact Blair was pushing for the war in Iraq before Bush.
Fact the CIA was infact owner of much of the misleading INTEL...
Fact The CIA was rebuilt to Bill Clintons specs. What happened there?
Fact it was the clinton admins doing that made it illegal for our intellegence networks to communicate freely. CIA FBI NSA...
Fact is everyone that could have changed the decision making by simply taking a stand sat on their hands.
This snafu had a lot of hands in the pie.
Fact the democrats that voted for the war did so with open eyes. It was a win win deal for them. If everything went as planned then they were on the wining team. If it failed there are always enough people gullible enough to believe the I was lied to excuse.
By the way they did welcome us big time at first. It was after the dust settled and the different factions found out power was to be shared that all hell broke loose.
Me I am no fan of Bush. I liked and served under his father. But JR is not the man his father was.
Americans need to stop accepting lame excuses. Would we if we were employers accept such lame excuses and poor performance from employee's.
Bottom line is america wanted blood. Our politicians saw this and knew it equaled votes. They gave the public the blood, but good leaders one and all should have used reason rather than greed to make such decisions.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:33 PM

Default Bush Lied About Iraq's WMDs and their support for International Terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Videos are much better than just quotes.

This is a must see video. There are many Democrat Leaders who support President Bush's invasion of Iraq... The video will play on your Windows Media player. Please turn on your computer's speakers.
http://www.bercasio.com/movies/dems-wmd-before-iraq.wmv (broken link)

It is a must see... And probably will go down in history as part of the proof of support for President Bush.
Bush Lied About Iraq's WMDs and their support for International Terrorism

Lets go to the above video tape to see if Bush lied...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies