Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 05:36 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,207,157 times

Advertisements

You aren't going to believe this.
Madam speaker Nancy Pelosi wants to put a Windfall Tax on all stock market profits (including Retirement fund, 401Ks and Mutual Funds! Alas, it is true - all to help the 12 Million Illegal Immigrants and other unemployed Minorities!

Boy, are we in trouble... This woman is frightening. Take special note of the last paragraph. Is she really this whacked out?

Nancy Pelosi condemned the new record highs of the stock market as "just another example of Bush policies helping the rich get richer". "First Bush cut taxes for the rich and the economy has rebounded with new record low unemployment rates, which only means wealthy employers are getting even wealthier at the expense of the underpaid working class".

She went on to say "Despite the billions of dollars being spent in Iraq our economy is still strong and government tax revenues are at all time highs. What this really means is that business is exploiting the war effort and working Americans, just to put money in their own pockets".

When questioned about recent stock market highs she responded "Only the rich benefit from these rec ord highs. Working Americans, welfare recipients, the unemployed and minorities are not sharing in these obscene record highs". There is no question these windfall profits and income created by the Bush administration need to be taxed at 100% rate and those dollars redistributed to the poor and working class". Profits from the stock market do not reward the hard work of our working class who, by their hard work, are responsible for generating these corporate profits that create stock market profits for the rich. We in congress will need to address this issue to either tax these profits or to control the stock market to prevent this unearned income t o flow to the rich."

When asked about the fact that over 80% of all Americans have investments in mutual funds, retirement funds, 401Ks, and the stock market she replied "That may be true, but probably only 5% account for 90% of all these investment dollars. That's just more "trickle down" economics claiming that if a corporation is successful that everyone from the CEO to the floor sweeper benefit from higher wages and job security which is ridiculous". "How much of this 'trickle down' ever gets to the unemployed and minorities in our county? None, and that's the tragedy of these stock market highs."

"We democrats are going to address this issue after the election when we take control of the congress. We will return to the 60% to 80% tax rates on the rich and we will be able to take at least 30% of all current lower income tax payers off the rolls and increase government income substantially." We need to work toward the goal of equalizing income in our country and at the same time limiting the amount the rich can invest."

When asked how these new tax dollars would be spent, she replied : "We need to raise the standard of living of our poor, unemployed and minorities. For example, we have an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in our country who need our help along with millions of unemployed minorities. Stock market windfall profits taxes could go a long ways to guarantee these people the standard of living they would like to have as 'Americans'."

Old 09-25-2007, 05:47 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,113,773 times
You sure she actually stated that?

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Nancy Pelosi

Nancy Pelosi on Taxing the Rich-Fiction!

Old 09-25-2007, 05:52 PM

I thought we had kicked this one around before and found it to be false, I finally found the thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ancy-nuts.html

Old 09-25-2007, 06:08 PM

20,222 posts, read 19,779,228 times
Totally bogus smear

Old 09-25-2007, 06:43 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,041,769 times
Why people continue to believe those hysterical rumors passed around by both the right and the left continues to amaze me.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:23 AM

20,222 posts, read 19,779,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Why people continue to believe those hysterical rumors passed around by both the right and the left continues to amaze me.
Because being easily entertained seems to trump just about anything these days.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:27 AM

Sorry guys! Guess I fell right into this one. It was sent to me from a dear and trusted friend...I had no idea. You are all right....I should have first checked it out for it's facts. I will be more careful before I post anything like this again. If I knew how to delete this thread I would!!!

Old 09-26-2007, 07:41 AM

718 posts, read 2,680,844 times
you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to smear my congresswoman.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:50 AM

"IF" you had read my latest post you would have NOTICED that I said I WAS SORRY!!!!!!

Definitions of ashamed on the Web:

ashamed(p): feeling shame or guilt or embarrassment or remorse

I believe I expressed all of the above!!

Old 09-26-2007, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
"IF" you had read my latest post you would have NOTICED that I said I WAS SORRY!!!!!!

Definitions of ashamed on the Web:

ashamed(p): feeling shame or guilt or embarrassment or remorse

I believe I expressed all of the above!!
No problem here, this stuff happens at times. Got to remember though, this is a "full contact" forum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies