Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 10:16 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I paid $2.98 a gallon few days ago....
I got 30 gallons for free today, and another 30 gallons last week. I guess we should credit Obama, rather then the real fact which was my grocery store gives gas discounts for buying enough stuff..

Thanks Obama..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 10:17 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
And Newt used $2 dollar gas as a selling point for his campaign. Of course, to get prices that low, we'd have to be in a depression. He kind of omitted mentiong that part of his cunning plan.
Actually no.. to get it that low, we'd need to be pumping a hell of a lot of it, similar to how we're pumping natural gas at record levels..

Old 06-16-2012, 10:13 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
The whole reason gas prices aren't $5/gallon is because Obama made a backroom deal with the Saudis to keep the price of oil from rising until after the election. If God forbid Obama is reelected, the price of gas will go through the stratosphere to repay the favor. You'll be pining for $5/gallon gasoline. If you fools are dumb enough to vote Obama in again, I hope you end up so poor you're living in cardboard boxes, God knows you deserve it.
Well, i don't know how tight the oil supply is, but i see there is no shortage of tin foil.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:58 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
Gimmeh my 2 dollar a gallon gas, GOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newt Gingrich's gas price gambit - POLITICO.com

Old 06-16-2012, 12:00 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
Gimmeh my 2 dollar a gallon gas, GOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newt Gingrich's gas price gambit - POLITICO.com

I remember when it was 79 cents a gallon. My dad remembers when it was 5 cents. TAKE US /baCK

Old 06-16-2012, 12:01 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
GOP logic: Gas goes up, Obama's fault. Gas goes down, not Obama's fault.
That is it in a nutshell. Everything bad is Obama's fault everything good...well there must be another explanation. Predictable.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Yep, that's what I figured. Now that prices are going down, it's all a factor of the economy, market forces, supply and demand. But, a few months ago when prices were high, it was this:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...mas-fault.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...en-agenda.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ng-thanks.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-industry.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...t-working.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...tics-high.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...as-prices.html

Don't y'all ever get tired of being dishonest?
Partisan blinders. You can get them on ebay.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:32 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Partisan blinders. You can get them on ebay.
You realize a lot of the Democrats have partisan blinders too, right? In their mind, the gas prices going up weren't Obama's fault, but the gas prices going down are his doing (and the decline in gas prices is a good thing regardless of the reason). Also, remember that Obama himself used gas prices as a campaign issue in 2008, blaming them on W.

For the record - I was the first person to post in this thread (other than OP of course) and I NEVER said that the rise in gas prices was Obama's "fault." Don't get me wrong - I was happy that the increase might be bad for him politically, but I never blamed it on him.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
You realize a lot of the Democrats have partisan blinders too, right? In their mind, the gas prices going up weren't Obama's fault, but the gas prices going down are his doing (and the decline in gas prices is a good thing regardless of the reason). Also, remember that Obama himself used gas prices as a campaign issue in 2008, blaming them on W.

For the record - I was the first person to post in this thread (other than OP of course) and I NEVER said that the rise in gas prices was Obama's "fault." Don't get me wrong - I was happy that the increase might be bad for him politically, but I never blamed it on him.
Sure I see that both sides wear partisan blinders. Sad, inhibits the ability to have a real discussion when a person believes his "side" never does anything wrong.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:39 PM

92 posts, read 56,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
I paid $4.19 for a gallon of regular just a few days ago.
WOW! Where in the world at? I am in the SouthEast and its down to 3.15 in my town for regular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies