Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 10:34 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Not enough free stuff???
I thought everyone liked free stuff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 08:15 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I lived in the Bronx for 7 years, the 19th Ward of Rochester for one, Baltimore for 4 years and now live in PG. All areas are more than 50% Black. Have a nice day.
Good for you. You said I am in denial about problems in the black community, gave examples that I am not. I know what goes on, but I also know that the problems of a view criminally prone black Americans does not define the whole of black Americans, which I think that you can agree with as I feel that you (through your comments on other posts/threads) can understand - individuals make their own decisions, both good and bad and we should acknowledge them and hold them responsible, not an entire group, the majority of whom has nothing to do with those crimes or circumstances of those few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
So because my skin just so happens to be of a certain hue, I automatically favor selling drugs and shooting people rather than going to school to further my education. Gotcha

mas23
Yes, a few people on here believe this to be true lol!

Quote:
I thought everyone liked free stuff
A few people on here think all us black people get all sorts of "free stuff" from the government. Unfortunately, I must not be black enough since I have never been blessed with the "free stuff."

Old 06-21-2012, 08:24 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Black people can relate to the situation of being brought to America without their consent.

Actually no they can't anymore than I know what it was like for my ancestors to leave at the pint of Turkish guns.

Stop whining about the past. You were not taken on a ship, and you were not a slave; and for that matter you were not even a white boy mowed down by an MG42 on Omaha beech. Just stop the sniveling, sniffy, blubbery, phlegm basted bawling about what didn't happen to you.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:31 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

A few people on here think all us black people get all sorts of "free stuff" from the government. Unfortunately, I must not be black enough since I have never been blessed with the "free stuff."

You are not an oligarch. Though you still have a fair shot for free condoms, starchy industrial food and the occasional flu shot. Don't give up.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:45 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Actually no they can't anymore than I know what it was like for my ancestors to leave at the pint of Turkish guns.

Stop whining about the past. You were not taken on a ship, and you were not a slave; and for that matter you were not even a white boy mowed down by an MG42 on Omaha beech. Just stop the sniveling, sniffy, blubbery, phlegm basted bawling about what didn't happen to you.
You got it, baby!!!!

Quote:
You are not an oligarch. Though you still have a fair shot for free condoms, starchy industrial food and the occasional flu shot. Don't give up.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:

LOL!

I thought I could get "free stuff" just because I'm black though. All people can get free condoms from PP and lots of people get free starchy foods from WIC. I don't do flu shots but all people can get them for free too. I want specific black "free stuff"!

Old 06-21-2012, 08:51 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times
I'll never understand republicans on this site. They swear up and down that obama is going to lose in november and yet they keep pointing out how blacks have suffered under obama. If you are so confident that romney is going to win, than how we vote shouldnt matter, and therefore, pointing out obama's failures to black americans should be irrelevant.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:06 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL!

I thought I could get "free stuff" just because I'm black though. All people can get free condoms from PP and lots of people get free starchy foods from WIC. I don't do flu shots but all people can get them for free too. I want specific black "free stuff"!
Not "all". Maybe if you are on state aid you can.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Not "all". Maybe if you are on state aid you can.
I meant all different ethnicities. If I'm going to get something free for being black, I want it to be unique - only for black people! lol

Old 06-21-2012, 05:44 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
So because my skin just so happens to be of a certain hue, I automatically favor selling drugs and shooting people rather than going to school to further my education. Gotcha

mas23
Lol, wonder if that means getting a suntan risks increasing your chance of engaging in criminal activities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies