Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 05:45 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL!

I thought I could get "free stuff" just because I'm black though. All people can get free condoms from PP and lots of people get free starchy foods from WIC. I don't do flu shots but all people can get them for free too. I want specific black "free stuff"!
I got free baby formula in the mail the other day...I must be Black! Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 11:26 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I'll never understand republicans on this site. They swear up and down that obama is going to lose in november and yet they keep pointing out how blacks have suffered under obama. If you are so confident that romney is going to win, than how we vote shouldnt matter, and therefore, pointing out obama's failures to black americans should be irrelevant.
Exactly this!

Old 06-22-2012, 06:56 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
I have lived in predominantly white suburbs for more than 3 decades, yet the racist perceptions live on. So obviously, this is not the solution. The racists and their perceptions are passed from one generation to the next. At the end of the day, it's the racists that have to cease to exist before anything resembling equality, fairness and objectivity is exercised.
You are obviously living the solution,

Old 06-22-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary2012 View Post
Perhaps you are happy because it doesn't impact you. I happen to have a very good job, however, I still understand that this is going to be quite disastrous for low income people throughout the U.S.
No it won't, most are living on the gov dole and are lazy, we need more workers to pay taxes, so we can help pay for the freeloaders.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
To call some jobs slave like is an insult to people who suffered from that injustice. As usual folks negative attitudes and laziness is their worse detriment.
You don't want to go there. Working in mills, factories, coal mines, etc, in the mid 1800's to the mid 1900's and some to this day are equal to if not worse than slavery. Most where nothing more than sweat shops, payed very little and were the big reason labor unions were formed. Before the child labor act, many children died in horribly unsafe conditions and worked 12 hour days.You really need to educate your self on the history of labor in this country. Black act as though slavery was the wost injustice ever suffered by anyone. Take a good look at your home land, where great injustice lives to this day and I see no blacks in this country lending a helping hand to them. Every ethnic group has suffered at the hands of another, and some had it worse than blacks/slaves ever had it on the whole. Look up the Irish potato famon for a case point. The Irish suffered at the hands of the English for better than a thousand years.

Last edited by Ghostrider275452; 06-22-2012 at 07:59 AM..

Old 06-22-2012, 07:34 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
You are obviously living the solution,
How is he/she living the solution when it is evident from these forums that so many people still view black people as pretty much horrible, even though a large percentage, almost a majority of black people now live in the suburbs and not inner city violent neighborhoods. Crime has been cut in half amongst black people since the heights of the 70s/80s. Gang violence is down. Educational achievement is up, yet black people still have a bad reputation.

Personally I don't think that black people will ever have a good reputation. Maybe if some sort of end of the world scenario happens but I doubt it. Luckily though I don't really care about what others think about black people on a while since I know most of those thoughts are based on ignorance.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:43 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I hope you're happy!

With black unemployment close to 50% in some cities among blacks 18-30, you now have 800,000 more people to compete with for jobs.

These people have a reputation as hard workers.

I hope you think of this in November.

You are wasting your time......my people are so tunnel-visioned, Obama could tell them to cleave the skulls of their babies and they would say, "Well.....ok."

Oh wait!! We're already aborting our babies at 3 times the rate of other races. And Obama has upped his assistance to it.

Well let me try this.....

He could make a people who are traditionally for heterosexual marriage STILL support him, even after he declares that homosexual marriage is good. He can make black folk, who, under the same economic / unempoyment conditons, be camped out in protest at 1600 Pennsylvania, under a GOP president,remain utterly silent and accepting under his horrible administration.

You are wasting your logic, my friend. Sadly.....

Last edited by citizenkane2; 06-22-2012 at 07:54 AM..

Old 06-22-2012, 07:50 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michman1968 View Post
that is great to hear. Can you please try to tell the hoodrats in Detroit that you can make it out and make something of themselves. I live outside of Detroit and see the chaos everyday. I work in that city and see it up close.

Now tell me how having 800,000 people that don't belong here taking American jobs could possibly be good for this country. Not just black people but for all Americans.

Also that is not the norm with the black culture so please spare us. If it was there would not be so many blacks in prison.

You are the perfect example of how not to end up in the ghetto. Raised from 2 parents and told how important education was. You were pushed to do better and work hard.

Yet you look the other way as to what is happening in the black inner city ghettos. Are you turning your back on your own people?
Quote:
Originally Posted by michman1968 View Post
HAHAHA trailer park. Nice comeback. No see I put down the whitetrash that has kids they can not raise without gov money. See the difference is all we see is excuses from the blacks. I am tired of excuses too damn many people are getting killed from the hoodrats.

See I do care. When I see little 6 yr olds getting killed from hoodrats. I get pissed and call them hoodrats. When I see baby mama's breeding like animals I get mad because I know they have very little chance for a good life. When I see them not being good parent and not teaching thier kids how to act normal in society I get mad.

You seem to ignore it. I see the damage that it has done and you seem not to care about the damage and killings that is directly tied to that culture
You do know that you just completely contradicted yourself in two back to back posts, right?

Old 06-22-2012, 07:56 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
If Bush had done this, you can't tell me that Al & Jesse both would be marching on Washington!!

Old 06-22-2012, 08:15 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
If Bush had done this, you can't tell me that Al & Jesse both would be marching on Washington!!
What did they do when Reagan did it?

ETA: Also want to say once again that those two guys are not representative of all black Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies